Game Day: Suns (19-62) @ Mavericks (32-48), Tues 4/9/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: Game Day: Suns (19-62) @ Mavericks (32-48), Tues 4/9/19

Post by The Bobster »

Indy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:21 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:08 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:47 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:58 pm
It really makes me wonder how hurt these guys are. They didn't even make it to the last game to cheer on the guys. I don't like that or think it was a good decision.
Yeah, that is sad.
Even EJ commented on it during the telecast.
Seriously, all of them seemed ok when they walked up in their Exit meetings and Booker made the trip to Miami to see Wade's last game and party with him afterwards, but none of them were good enough to go to Dallas to cheer on the guys that actually pushed to play? This seems odd to me.
Exactly. It was a shitty move by them. Took a bit of a vacation instead of supporting their team.
Maybe he's scrambling to take his place on the banana boat?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sounds like some young players on our team need to learn to be better leaders.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Maybe his focus at this moment has shifted quickly to recruiting to build his own dynasty in Phoenix?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:39 pm
Maybe his focus at this moment has shifted quickly to recruiting to build his own dynasty in Phoenix?
He can recruit Dwyane Wade to play here! Or maybe he was on a covert mission to get Dragic to come back for a third stint in Phoenix. :)

carey

Post by carey »

Do y'all really give a shit? I'm finding it hard to care if after enduring one of the shitiest seasons ever Booker fucked off to Miami or if Ayton stayed home to practice his multiple personalities in the mirror instead of going to Dallas. If they didn't have the organisation's blessing we'd have heard about it. Let's just focus on the draft?

Btw Booker being well liked among the NBA elite is going one of two ways. Either really good for us down the line or really bad. Neither is in our control.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:26 am
Do y'all really give a s***? I'm finding it hard to care if after enduring one of the s*** seasons ever Booker f*** off to Miami or if Ayton stayed home to practice his multiple personalities in the mirror instead of going to Dallas. If they didn't have the organisation's blessing we'd have heard about it. Let's just focus on the draft?

Btw Booker being well liked among the NBA elite is going one of two ways. Either really good for us down the line or really bad. Neither is in our control.
I agree that it doesn't really matter. But I just wish he would be a more positive and encouraging leader by doing things like showing up to the game to cheer on his teammates. It's a little thing, but we don't have much else to talk about, and I wish he had made a different choice. I agree that we should not dwell on it and should start thinking ahead to the offseason.