2019 NBA Playoffs First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs First Round

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:20 pm
The Pacers are the biggest wild card this summer. They've got tons of cap space, but they will have to re-sign or replace most of their role players. They could go either way.
Yeah, it's a bit of a double edged sword. They've played well and want to sign everyone back while signing them on inexpensive contracts, but they've played well enough that they have value around the league. Bojan, Collison, Thad Young, and Cory Joseph all should get offers. Perhaps they can get Joseph and Young back under what they made last year, but idk.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:34 am
I enjoy watching the Harden show but they're taking chances keeping him in late to stat chase for that last assist of the triple double.
It's Mike D'Antoni. Can we really prove that he wouldn't have had him in there even if he had already gotten the triple-double?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:34 pm
Superbone wrote:
I enjoy watching the Harden show but they're taking chances keeping him in late to stat chase for that last assist of the triple double.
It's Mike D'Antoni. Can we really prove that he wouldn't have had him in there even if he had already gotten the triple-double?
Well, it took about 5 minutes to get the assist and then as soon as he did, he came out.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:36 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Well, it took about 5 minutes to get the assist and then as soon as he did, he came out.
I can't believe that the Jazz didn't let him score every time and not let him get an assist. I thought they were against stat chasing?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:04 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:36 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I can't believe that the Jazz didn't let him score every time and not let him get an assist. I thought they were against stat chasing?
Good point. Although he finally got it on a cherry pick. Threw it down to Manimal for an uncontested dunk.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm riding with MDA this year. I think this is his best chance to win it all since the '04-'07 Suns teams, and I hope he does it despite my distaste for watching James Harden. I've got $10 at +750 odds on the Rockets to win it all.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:43 pm
I'm riding with MDA this year. I think this is his best chance to win it all since the '04-'07 Suns teams, and I hope he does it despite my distaste for watching James Harden. I've got $10 at +750 odds on the Rockets to win it all.
If anybody other than the Warriors wins it, I'll be very happy.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I can just see Houston beating the warriors...thinking they conquered the unbeatable and then lose to the bucks in the finals

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:26 pm
I can just see Houston beating the warriors...thinking they conquered the unbeatable and then lose to the bucks in the finals
I refuse to believe a team starting Eric Bledsoe at PG can win an NBA title.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

No Embiid tonight! That could be series changing.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:51 pm
I have the Nets +7.5 points in my 3 game parlay!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
The league decided not to suspend him. Fate decided otherwise.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
The league decided not to suspend him. Fate decided otherwise.
+1 Ball don’t lie!
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:26 pm
I refuse to believe a team starting Eric Bledsoe at PG can win an NBA title.
He’s been really good for them. It helps that he doesn’t have to shoulder all the playmaking load. Giannis, Brogdon, Middleton all take some of that. He can just focus on defense and driving to the rim.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Why is there a wave sweeping the league of players wearing headbands with tails?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Good question

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Jrue is one of the first I remember wearing them...

carey

Post by carey »

Where do the Spurs find these guys?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 pm
I've said it numerous times over the years. They put a premium on finding gems, and development coaching. It can't be understated that they have the best shooting coach in the NBA and after that they focus on building bballiq and defense. So they can take a relatively raw prospect without a decent shot and turn him into an All-Star or near all-star in around 4 years.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:57 pm
carey wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 pm
I've said it numerous times over the years. They put a premium on finding gems, and development coaching. It can't be understated that they have the best shooting coach in the NBA and after that they focus on building bballiq and defense. So they can take a relatively raw prospect without a decent shot and turn him into an All-Star or near all-star in around 4 years.
Heh. Watch Bender go there and become prime AK47 with a better shot. Or somehow have the Spurs get Josh Jackson and turn him into Iggy 2.0 instead of 3/4 of Corey Brewer.