Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Mori Chu »

You can just see it now, Larry Fitzgerald as our President of Basketball Ops in 2-3 years, since he'll agree to do it for a $250k/yr salary with Saver having veto power over all FO decisions.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:08 pm
You can just see it now, Larry Fitzgerald as our President of Basketball Ops in 2-3 years, since he'll agree to do it for a $250k/yr salary with Saver having veto power over all FO decisions.
Fitzgerald has established himself as an unofficial spokesman for the city based on an impeccable reputation as a good guy. Server has buried himself as the official POS businessman of the city based on his torching of the city's proudest entertainment export. They'll never admit it publicly, or maybe they couldn't even admit it to themselves, but each of them has something to gain through their symbiotic relationship.

Fitz should still watch out for Sarver's parasitic nature if he wants to retain his social capital in the city.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:50 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:08 pm
Fitzgerald has established himself as an unofficial spokesman for the city based on an impeccable reputation as a good guy. Server has buried himself as the official POS businessman of the city based on his torching of the city's proudest entertainment export. They'll never admit it publicly, or maybe they couldn't even admit it to themselves, but each of them has something to gain through their symbiotic relationship.

Fitz should still watch out for Sarver's parasitic nature if he wants to retain his social capital in the city.
Gosh, Fitz has an impeccable rep as a great guy and even Sarver couldn't take him down, unless he got involved in some nefarious scandal. If Sarver could take down Fitz, Sarver would be out faster than the heat rises in a Phoenix summer day.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

cedric ceballos will participate in the Big 3

SDC

Post by SDC »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

My initial thought was I don't want to see Aaron Nelson leave, but was also worried that they fired him when it said that they dismissed training staff too in the purge.

Could the Suns trade Aaron for Jrue in a package? I'm kidding...or am I?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Uh oh. If we lose Aaron Nelson, that's a huge blow to our team. Our training staff is literally the only thing we have that you could argue is the best in the league.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Uh oh. If we lose Aaron Nelson, that's a huge blow to our team. Our training staff is literally the only thing we have that you could argue is the best in the league.

I know we have that reputation, but is it still true? I felt like we had a ton of injuries this year that seemed avoidable. But it’s really hard to judge.

Indy

Post by Indy »

MightyMoog wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:39 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Uh oh. If we lose Aaron Nelson, that's a huge blow to our team. Our training staff is literally the only thing we have that you could argue is the best in the league.

I know we have that reputation, but is it still true? I felt like we had a ton of injuries this year that seemed avoidable. But it’s really hard to judge.
Exactly. I am not sure how true that is anymore. Especially if we don't spend the kind of money on treatment equipment they need. And didn't I hear that we don't have chefs for the players? I am doubting we have too many training specific analytics folks either.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Still, it seems very strange that they would give Griffin permission to talk to him. It's not like he's an assistant, he's the head trainer. If they don't want him anymore, then fire him.

I'm starting to feel like Jones agrees to way too many favors for too many people.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

JeremyG wrote:Still, it seems very strange that they would give Griffin permission to talk to him. It's not like he's an assistant, he's the head trainer. If they don't want him anymore, then fire him.

I'm starting to feel like Jones agrees to way too many favors for too many people.

I think Jones has to do a lot of image repair. He needs to grease wheels and bank some favors. I don’t begrudge him these things.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 am
Jerrod Mustaf article. From possible murderer to community hero?

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/04/17/jerro ... ity-leader
Anybody else read this? Women need to stay away from this man. Oof. No matter how hard he tries, he will never pay off his misdeeds. How horrible for Althea Hayes’ family.
"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

SDC wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:35 am
cedric ceballos will participate in the Big 3

Can't miss Greg Oden at #1 hahah

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That list has a lot of former mediocre NBA players who relied on athleticism and couldn't shoot or defend well enough to stick in the league into their mid-30s.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:57 am
That list has a lot of former mediocre NBA players who relied on athleticism and couldn't shoot or defend well enough to stick in the league into their mid-30s.
It's a veritable who's who? As in who is that?
"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:28 pm
Superbone wrote:

Anybody else read this? Women need to stay away from this man. Oof. No matter how hard he tries, he will never pay off his misdeeds. How horrible for Althea Hayes’ family.
I read it and thought the same thing. I was initially surprised when I saw the article, because, for some reason, I had it in my mind that he had been jailed a long time ago. I was shocked to read that he's actually regarded a community leader...

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:28 pm
Superbone wrote:

I got an e-mail from him years ago when he was starting up his entertainment/basketball thing - he was just looking for ways to get the name of his league out there I guess.

I didn't want anything to do with him. He's a real POS. Just look at the history he has with woman who didn't wind up dead. That's bad enough.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

Thoughts on George Hill as a stopgap pg option next year?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 am
No more stopgaps. We need a starting PG for the next 8 years that will grow with the team.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:01 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 am
No more stopgaps. We need a starting PG for the next 8 years that will grow with the team.
I just don’t know if that guy will be available. Trying to force someone into that role that’s not good enough is the easiest way we blow this offseason.