Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:39 am
Split T wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:09 am
SDC wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Split T wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:42 am
I don’t understand the obsession with dragic. He’s old and breaking down. He spent a good chunk of the year hurt last year and is not the same player he once was.
hes not really hurt. they shut him down after dec 15 passed to give winslow exclusive time at starting pg.
He played 22 games after Dec 15. And him not being very good anymore is the bigger reason I don’t want him.
I'm not on the Dragic bandwagon, but he's smart enough to lead a team and still good enough to be the 4th option. And he's only on contract for one more year. I'm not convinced he's an upgrade from Tyler Johnson anymore, though. And there's no way he plays for Sarver again.
Sure..as a stopgap option he’s fine, but I’d rather have Darren Collison

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:42 am
I don’t understand the obsession with dragic. He’s old and breaking down. He spent a good chunk of the year hurt last year and is not the same player he once was.
I was interested a couple years ago. Probably not anymore.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If the Suns would have drafted Doncic, then yeah I would have loved for the Suns to have traded for Dragic, but I'm not excited about bringing him back unless he opts out and signs as a FA on a great deal.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Jared Dudley: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving Not Meeting with Nets Would Shock Me

Brooklyn Nets forward Jared Dudley told Marc Stein of the New York Times that he would be "shocked if the Nets don't get a sit-down" with Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving this summer when the two stars potentially become free agents.

The Nets are indeed well-positioned to make a splash in free agency. They have an intriguing young team, are a destination market in Brooklyn and have plenty of cap space. They currently have $59.6 million in practical cap space, per Spotrac.com, though a good chunk of that could be used retaining restricted free agent D'Angelo Russell.

I'm not sure how much Dudley's opinions actually matter, but if the Nets added Kyrie they'd definitely have to do something with Russell or Dinwiddie.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't know why they'd want or need Kyrie. They should go all in on KD with the team they have and go to the ECFs next year.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:10 pm
I don't know why they'd want or need Kyrie. They should go all in on KD with the team they have and go to the ECFs next year.
What if they had to choose between signing KD and Kyrie or neither?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:07 pm
ShelC wrote:
Then they should sign them both and trade Russell.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:11 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:07 pm
ShelC wrote:
Then they should sign them both and trade Russell.
He's a RFA, so that would require a sign-and-trade which wouldn't make sense for the team getting Russell since they could just outright sign him to a contract.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:I don't know why they'd want or need Kyrie. They should go all in on KD with the team they have and go to the ECFs next year.
Cause Kyrie is really fucking good. Why would you turn him down if you had an opportunity to sign him?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

BlaCkAdDa

Re: RE: Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

carey wrote: Cause Kyrie is really f*** good. Why would you turn him down if you had an opportunity to sign him?
This.. He's probably close to a top 5 player

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

carey wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:37 pm
ShelC wrote:I don't know why they'd want or need Kyrie. They should go all in on KD with the team they have and go to the ECFs next year.
Cause Kyrie is really f*** good. Why would you turn him down if you had an opportunity to sign him?
I don't trust giving him a max deal with his injury history and attitude. He just seems like a downer and high maintenance and if I have DLo and Dinwiddie who know their roles in the offense and have helped build what the Nets have, I'd rather not trade that in on Kyrie.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree with Shel. You'd take a chance on Kyrie if you had horrible PGs like the Suns have. You wouldn't take a chance on Kyrie if you already had 1-2 perfectly good PGs who fit in your system and don't cause massive drama.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Idk, you would still keep Dinwiddie, but Kyrie would be a pretty nice upgrade over DLo. The bottom like is that you need to improve your talent and picking Kyrie over DLo would improve your talent. DLo didn't look great in the playoffs this year. Maybe next year he does better, but I don't recall him shooting well.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

DLo is just not very good. I know he made an all-star team, but did you see him play in the playoffs? He was bad. He took over 20 shots a game and couldn't make 36% of them. Not from 3--from everywhere. And how does your lead guard have an assist to TO ratio hover around 1?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Playoffs are important and his poor play should warrant some concern, but let’s remember it was 5 games and he was probably defended by a very elite defender for most of the time.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

two dare I say positive updates in a 24hr period ?!? :shock: :o

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1124406432781049856

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is going to be a great location for the Suns players. They either live in PV or Scottsdale and most likely near this. Plus, it's pretty close to Old Town Scottsdale. Might be the best location possible for the players within the Phoenix city limits.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

That sounds very promising with the training facility. It's so weird to be seeing positive Suns news!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:12 pm
This is going to be a great location for the Suns players. They either live in PV or Scottsdale and most likely near this. Plus, it's pretty close to Old Town Scottsdale. Might be the best location possible for the players within the Phoenix city limits.
Yep, it's right at the base of Camelback Mountain. Perfect location.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So there is a pickup in talk that the possibility of KD to Phoenix has improved greatly today. I'm not saying it's possible, but if the Suns could get KD, but had to use their #1 pick to clear enough room for him would you do it?

Say the Suns get the #1 pick, but in order to clear enough room, they had to trade down to get someone to take Tyler in the trade to make enough room to sign KD. It could be to ATL and PHX also receives #9 and a little more that after KD signs, you still had enough to trade for AD or Jrue. So you could possibly pick up Ja, Clarke, KD and Jrue for the rights to Zion, TJ, Tyler, Josh, Okobo and picks.

They could still sign Oubre, Holmes and a MLE and others