2019 NBA Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs First Round

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:Now that's the Raptors I've been waiting to see.
Brown seemed to have Nurse's number but Toronto has turned it around.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I said since last year that the Celtics young core was HIGHLY overrated. Got a lot of flack by Celtic fans and casual NBA fans, but turns out I was right all along
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:58 pm
I said since last year that the Celtics young core was HIGHLY overrated. Got a lot of flack by Celtic fans and casual NBA fans, but turns out I was right all along
I think most of this is on Kyrie. He's had an awful series. Yeah, the young guys didn't acquit themselves well but Kyrie being so awful is the story to me.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Feels like Kyrie is leaving...him and KD to Knicks might not be so crazy

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

carey wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:22 pm
In2ition wrote:
I think most of this is on Kyrie. He's had an awful series. Yeah, the young guys didn't acquit themselves well but Kyrie being so awful is the story to me.
Kyrie is just like Melo. Great stats, total loser who will never be the top guy on a championship team. If the Knicks were smart, they'd go after Kemba instead of Kyrie. Let some other team waste a max deal on him.

Cap

Post by Cap »

BigLewy wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:24 pm
carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Kyrie is just like Melo. Great stats, total loser who will never be the top guy on a championship team. If the Knicks were smart, they'd go after Kemba instead of Kyrie. Let some other team waste a max deal on him.
Total loser who hit a championship-winning shot.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Of course you're right, but I still think the young core is overrated. Kyrie is gone, and might be on to LA and LeBron.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think the Celtics still have a nice young team with some fun pieces. But young teams take time; they thought they could fast-track their run to becoming a contender, but it looks like they can't. They'll probably be a more harmonious team next year without Kyrie and a more even distribution of shots. I still think they'll be a top-4 team in the East next season. The Knicks plus KD and Kyrie are still mediocre IMO, if they even get both of those guys, which I'm skeptical about.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Cap wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:32 pm
BigLewy wrote:
carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:
One shot and a million goose eggs. We can all hang our hat on the one he did make though and ignore all of his terrible shortcomings. Did you even watch or follow this series or season or do you hold onto relics?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:10 am
Cap wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:32 pm
BigLewy wrote:
carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:
One shot and a million goose eggs. We can all hang our hat on the one he did make though and ignore all of his terrible shortcomings. Did you even watch or follow this series or season or do you hold onto relics?
There's a difference between not being good enough to be the top guy on a championship team and being a loser. I think most would agree with Kyrie being the former and that he sucks at being a leader. But if he's a loser after being #2 on a championship team and making the winning shot in game 7 of the finals, I'm not sure what that word even means.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I hedged my $10 bet on the Rockets to win the title with a parlay of both the Warriors and Raptors to win this round. This was back when both series were 2-2 and pays out $9.25. I'll lose out on 75 cents, but its worth the initial chance to win $75.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Boston really isn’t that young...they’ve got a couple young guys playing important roles(Brown and Tatum), but their biggest pieces(Horford and Kyrie) are vets. They’ve also got Morris and Hayward. This isn’t a young team trying to find their way. It’s a team where the young guys have a disconnect from their “leader”. Kyrie will be gone.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Gordon Hayward didn't play like a star either.

And Horford started to look old. Last year, I thought Horford was by far their best player.

This year, Horford wasn't great, Hayward was just ok, and Kyrie \ Rozier were terrible. Brown and Tatum were good enough, I actually would have liked to see them more involved in the offense. Marcusious Moarrice was the only guy on the team who outplayed his contract.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:33 am
carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Gordon Hayward didn't play like a star either.

And Horford started to look old. Last year, I thought Horford was by far their best player.

This year, Horford wasn't great, Hayward was just ok, and Kyrie \ Rozier were terrible. Brown and Tatum were good enough, I actually would have liked to see them more involved in the offense. Marcusious Moarrice was the only guy on the team who outplayed his contract.
It's easy to put the blame on Kyrie since he's the star and so ball dominant. I think he shares a lot of the blame with his performance and attitude, but also think the young guys took a step back, Hayward isn't a go-to type and Horford's definitely gotten older. Also depth...no depth up front to help spell Horford.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kyrie said he wouldn't shoot 8/22 (36.4%) from the field again after his Game 3 performance. He proceeded to shoot 7/22 (31.8%) from the field in Game 4. When asked about his performance he said, "Who cares?" Kyrie followed this up with a 6/21 (28.6%) shooting night in an elimination game.

Not sure what's more impressive. His improved shooting each game or his quotes after.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s gone...

There still people on here thinking we should have sold the farm for him? If he’s bailing on Boston, he surely would have bailed on us.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:58 am
He’s gone...

There still people on here thinking we should have sold the farm for him? If he’s bailing on Boston, he surely would have bailed on us.
I was one of the biggest supporters of trading for or signing Kyrie, but I must agree that with the way things have gone for him in Boston, I am glad we didn't get him. Hated his attitude this year and I don't like watching the way he currently plays. Way too much ballhogging and sulking and ignoring his teammates. Awful leadership. And he just seems like an idiot, based on his quotes to the media, his belief in a flat earth, etc. He can be left.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:42 am
Kyrie said he wouldn't shoot 8/22 (36.4%) from the field again after his Game 3 performance. He proceeded to shoot 7/22 (31.8%) from the field in Game 4. When asked about his performance he said, "Who cares?" Kyrie followed this up with a 6/21 (28.6%) shooting night in an elimination game.

Not sure what's more impressive. His improved shooting each game or his quotes after.
He wasn't wrong. He shot progressively worse.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:28 am
AmareIsGod wrote:

Nice observation! Didn't even look at it that way!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:48 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:28 am
AmareIsGod wrote:

Nice observation! Didn't even look at it that way!
:D
"Be Legendary."