2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:47 pm
Any chance at moving up?

Gotta think Grizzlies just take Ja and move on from Conley, right? Or do they like RJ?

If they draft RJ, would Knicks trade back? How committed are they to Dennis Smith?
No, Memphis wants Ja. Probably keeps Conley to mentor him.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

How about 6 and Jackson to Brooklyn for Dinwiddie and #17

Draft Grant Williams at 17

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:51 pm
Split T wrote:
Any chance at moving up?

Gotta think Grizzlies just take Ja and move on from Conley, right? Or do they like RJ?

If they draft RJ, would Knicks trade back? How committed are they to Dennis Smith?
We've already spent a bunch of time talking about how most of these prospects have the same amount of risk.

I think that moving up in this draft is dumb, unless its for #1 of course.
this.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:
Any chance at moving up?

We've already spent a bunch of time talking about how most of these prospects have the same amount of risk.

Our FO obviously loves Ja...that’s the target

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Suns take Clarke, get in on LA NO deal, pick off Lonzo, the make a bigger trade with draft picks they want to unload, Warren and Johnson for Bradley Beal.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:54 pm
Suns take Clarke, get in on LA NO deal, pick off Lonzo, the make a bigger trade with draft picks they want to unload, Warren and Johnson for Bradley Beal.
Wait, why would they give up their best player for TJ^2?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:53 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:
Any chance at moving up?

Agreed they would love that, but no way MEM will do that. Unless we want to give up Ayton or Booker.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:55 pm
In2ition wrote:
Cap relief. Wall is going to kill them and they need to rebuild.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why was Zion hoping for NY, when they were going to trade him to NO anyways?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
LOL. They would never do that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Beal has two more years for 56M. Warren has 3y/35M and 1y/20M for Johnson. Not much difference.

carey

2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote: I think so. Feel like there is too much bad blood with everyone involved. Zion is great but he is not making them instant title contenders, it will probably be another year or two for that and it sounds like Davis wants to complete for a title now.
I don't dispute what you're saying but where does he think he can do that? It's not the Lakers and the Clippers don't have the horses.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
LOL. They would never do that.
Right. Beal is their best player. Wall is broke.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:02 pm
Wally_West wrote: I think so. Feel like there is too much bad blood with everyone involved. Zion is great but he is not making them instant title contenders, it will probably be another year or two for that and it sounds like Davis wants to complete for a title now.
I don't dispute what you're saying but where does he think he can do that? It's not the Lakere and the Clippers don't have the Horses.
Right. I think he wants to leave to live in a place like LA or Miami or NY. I mean, who wouldn't want that if you were an extremely rich dude in your 20s?

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

TJ, Warren, the 6th, and JJ will totally be in play this draft. What team bites at our pick?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:53 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:
Any chance at moving up?

Agreed they would love that, but no way MEM will do that. Unless we want to give up Ayton or Booker.
It would be NY...If Memphis loves Ja, then it’s not happening, but if they are one of the teams that has RJ over Ja?

Then Ja is still there at 3 and maybe there is a deal to be made there. Maybe a 3 team deal where we add assets to get AD to NY?

I’m not saying it’s likely...just throwing out ideas

Cap

Post by Cap »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 pm
TJ, Warren, the 6th, and JJ will totally be in play this draft. What team bites at our pick?
We’re going to be desperate to trade the pick because we haven’t scouted anybody. Pretty good bet we end up trading it for absolute crap.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cap wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:15 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 pm
We’re going to be desperate to trade the pick because we haven’t scouted anybody. Pretty good bet we end up trading it for absolute crap.
Couldn't have said it any better. Also add that James Jones has repeatedly said that they're not interested in getting younger.

It's really fucking stupid. Drives me nuts how these GMs make statements that give away so much leverage.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Will be really telling to see who we bring in for draft workouts. A guy like Garland is especially important to bring in as he only played 5 games.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:04 pm
carey wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:02 pm
I don't dispute what you're saying but where does he think he can do that? It's not the Lakere and the Clippers don't have the Horses.
Right. I think he wants to leave to live in a place like LA or Miami or NY. I mean, who wouldn't want that if you were an extremely rich dude in your 20s?
I could be mistaken but don’t the Lakers have enough cap space for a max free agent? How much would a AD trade affect that?? If they could trade for AD and still have max money, I would think Lebron and AD would be enough to attract a huge FA. Kawhi? Butler? Klay? Kemba? Kyrie?

I feel Durant is gone, KD or no KD, the warriors will still be the team to beat but I have to think no KD warriors makes them very much vulnerable. Right?