2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wormwood

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Wormwood »

There's no one at 6 who can help. Just a bunch of SG/SFs.

Teams know we're desperate.

We'll either make a stupid trade, or draft a guy who can be our 6th string guard behind Booker, Jackson, Warren, Bridges, and Oubre.

What a freaking waste of a season of tanking. If I was Booker, I'd be asking for a one way ticket out of Phoenix, because next year is going to be just as bad as this year was. We're not getting a PF or a PG with $5M in cap space after we sign Oubre. But hey, we are paying Tyler Johhnsom $20M to really suck at playing out of position, and ever so slightly less as an undersized SG where we have like 5 other guys that can play the position.

F*****ing done.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:15 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 pm
TJ, Warren, the 6th, and JJ will totally be in play this draft. What team bites at our pick?
We’re going to be desperate to trade the pick because we haven’t scouted anybody. Pretty good bet we end up trading it for absolute crap.
Couldn't have said it any better. Also add that James Jones has repeatedly said that they're not interested in getting younger.

It's really f*** stupid. Drives me nuts how these GMs make statements that give away so much leverage.
How hard is it to pull film, hold workouts, and interview.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wormwood wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:33 pm

We'll either make a stupid trade, or draft a guy who can be our 6th string guard behind Booker, Jackson, Warren, Bridges, and Oubre.

What a freaking waste of a season of tanking. If I was Booker, I'd be asking for a one way ticket out of Phoenix, because next year is going to be just as bad as this year was. We're not getting a PF or a PG with $5M in cap space after we sign Oubre. But hey, we are paying Tyler Johhnsom $20M to really suck at playing out of position, and ever so slightly less as an undersized SG where we have like 5 other guys that can play the position.

F*****ing done.
What about Garland?

And we’re trading warren and Jackson

Also, we should have about 11 million in space now that we’re picking 6th

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

iLLmatic wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Cap wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
TJ, Warren, the 6th, and JJ will totally be in play this draft. What team bites at our pick?
We’re going to be desperate to trade the pick because we haven’t scouted anybody. Pretty good bet we end up trading it for absolute crap.
Couldn't have said it any better. Also add that James Jones has repeatedly said that they're not interested in getting younger.

It's really f*** stupid. Drives me nuts how these GMs make statements that give away so much leverage.
How hard is it to pull film, hold workouts, and interview.
That's how you end up with knuckleheads like Marquese Chriss and waifs like Dragan Bender.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:35 pm
Wormwood wrote:

F*****ing done.
What about Garland?

Garland almost certainly won't be there at 6. Nearly every mock has him at 4.

carey

Post by carey »

Wormwood wrote:There's no one at 6 who can help. Just a bunch of SG/SFs.

F*****ing done.
I get being angry the draft didn't go out way. That said, the Suns were much better with TyJo at PG due to his stellar a:to and defense. He's not great but he was better than anyone else we've had the last 2 years. Also, Oubre's contact will be the last thing we take care of. Still $10M isn't a lot so you're mostly right.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

That is what Bower is here for, right? To cover the things James Jones is too inexperienced in, like the draft. I would hope that Bower recognizes the importance of the scouting and it’s impact and he is stressing that to Jones so he can be open to many possibilities, not just being dead set on trading the pick because of misguided reasons ...I hope.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wormwood wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:39 pm
Split T wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

F*****ing done.
What about Garland?

I’ve only seen a few mocks with him at 4...and the lakers will trade that pick, so a lot depends on who they trade it too. If culver or Hunter goes 4, which is very possible, Cavs aren’t taking Garland after taking Sexton.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wormwood wrote:
Split T wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

F*****ing done.
What about Garland?

I just went through the first 5 mocks I could find and only one had him at 4, the others had him at 6 or lower. Where are all the mocks that have him at 4?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

carey wrote:

F*****ing done.
I get being angry the draft didn't go out way. That said, the Suns were much better with TyJo at PG due to his stellar a:to and defense. He's not great but he was better than anyone else we've had the last 2 years. Also, Oubre's contact will be the last thing we take care of. Still $10M isn't a lot so you're mostly right.

But the last 2 years have been arguably the worst 2 years in franchise history. So I don’t know how he can be a realistic option if we’re trying to win now.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Cap wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
Settle down Cap. Each member of the Suns scouting department is equipped with their own YouTube Premium login. They can access videos of people playing basketball 24 hours a day, as long as they are somewhere that has WiFi accessibility.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

carey

Post by carey »

Wormwood wrote:
Split T wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

F*****ing done.
What about Garland?

Say what? I have not seen that. This aggregate has him at 4 in 2 mocks. The rest don't have him top 5 and 4 outside the top 7. https://hoopshype.com/2019/04/12/nba-mo ... ngele/amp/

He's not in the top ten of the Stepien.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

djy2j wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 pm
carey wrote:

F*****ing done.

But the last 2 years have been arguably the worst 2 years in franchise history. So I don’t know how he can be a realistic option if we’re trying to win now.
Besides winning this lottery, I am not sure there is anything we can realistically do that takes us from a bottom 1-3 team in the league the last two years to a top 15 team in the league (I assume by 'winning' you mean win more than we lose). No FA or trade is going to do that in one season. That is why it is important to have a scouting staff and a plan. I hope that when James Jones and Trevor and Bowers talk to Sarver, they make sure he understood that. And that is why we were willing to give Monty a 5 year deal. It will take a bit of time to dig out of this tail spin. Hopefully we can be a +40 win team in two years...

carey

Post by carey »

By the way I'm getting out early with my Coby White love at 6.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:05 pm
By the way I'm getting out early with my Coby White love at 6.
I didn't watch him at all. What stands out to you that would help us?

carey

2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by carey »

Indy wrote: I didn't watch him at all. What stands out to you that would help us?
He's lightning quick, not quite like Fox speed but he's plenty fast. Something just pops in his videos. He's not a pure PG but he can pass it. He's a good shot creator and has a legit step back already. He defends the ball well. I think he's going to be really good. Of course I want to see how he works out but there's a lot to like.

David Nash called him a 6th man though and Max called him a much better Collin Sexton. He passes a whole lot more than Sexton tho.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm
Indy wrote: I didn't watch him at all. What stands out to you that would help us?
He's lightning quick, not quite like Fox speed but he's plenty fast. Something just pops in his videos. He's not a pure PG but he can pass it. He's a good shot creator and has a legit step back already. He defends the ball well. I think he's going to be really good. Of course I want to see how he works out but there's a lot to like.

David Nash called him a 6th man though and Max called him a much better Collin Sexton. He passes a whole lot more than Sexton tho.
I heard them talk about him, those are just the only takes I have heard so far.

carey

2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm

I heard them talk about him, those are just the only takes I have heard so far.
I'd trust them more than me watching some Carolina videos. They also like Culver who I hate. But he looked like shit the few times I saw Tech.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:01 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:55 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:54 pm
Suns take Clarke, get in on LA NO deal, pick off Lonzo, the make a bigger trade with draft picks they want to unload, Warren and Johnson for Bradley Beal.
Wait, why would they give up their best player for TJ^2?
Cap relief. Wall is going to kill them and they need to rebuild.
Beal has two more years for 56M. Warren has 3y/35M and 1y/20M for Johnson. Not much difference.
There are things they can do it. Picks a plenty. JR Smith has a non-guaranteed contract. Same with Korver. It just depends on what Washington wants. Seriously, their only way out of cap hell is probably by trading Beal. At leadt that's the word around the league.

Could also possibly look at trading for Westbrook, but I'm not a Westbrook fan.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wormwood wrote:

F*****ing done.
Hasta!

You don't need to sign Oubre first, since he's restricted FA. You might be the second or third most negative "Suns fan" I have ever met.

It's not the end of the world, get off the ledge. Opportunities will present themselves. I do agree that this season of tanking was a complete waste though. I thought it was before the season and nothing has changed my mind.

Idk if the Suns are smart enough, but Clarke is the perfect player at 6 to put next to Ayton. Only Zion would have been better. He does everything you want next to Ayton to compliment him and cover his weaknesses.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass