2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by ShelC »

Check Brandon Clarke's measurements too. Wingspan same as his height.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, knew Clarke didn’t have great measurements. Any word on Culver’s measurements?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:04 pm
Ya, knew Clarke didn’t have great measurements. Any word on Culver’s measurements?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:09 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:04 pm
My guarantee was a bit off, haha. He looked so long I was sure he was 6'8".
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

djy2j wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:59 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:15 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 pm
TJ, Warren, the 6th, and JJ will totally be in play this draft. What team bites at our pick?
We’re going to be desperate to trade the pick because we haven’t scouted anybody. Pretty good bet we end up trading it for absolute crap.
Settle down Cap. Each member of the Suns scouting department is equipped with their own YouTube Premium login. They can access videos of people playing basketball 24 hours a day, as long as they are somewhere that has WiFi accessibility.
Come on, give them a little more credit than that. I’m sure they have a Synergy account as well.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:38 pm
djy2j wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:59 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:15 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 pm
TJ, Warren, the 6th, and JJ will totally be in play this draft. What team bites at our pick?
We’re going to be desperate to trade the pick because we haven’t scouted anybody. Pretty good bet we end up trading it for absolute crap.
Settle down Cap. Each member of the Suns scouting department is equipped with their own YouTube Premium login. They can access videos of people playing basketball 24 hours a day, as long as they are somewhere that has WiFi accessibility.
Come on, give them a little more credit than that. I’m sure they have a Synergy account as well
They used to, but they fired the guy with the login/pass and never forwarded his emails. So when the renewal notice came through, it was missed.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:49 am
I'm telling you guys, next year's PGs in the draft will be all-time good with talent and depth. It's bad value to waste it on a PG at 6 this year.
Well then let’s trade for Lowry’s expiring contract and draft a PG next year.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

In2ition wrote:
Wormwood wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:36 am
Realistically, the Suns only have a chance at obtaining either:

a. A guy who isn't really a PG via the draft (White, Colbert)

b. A guy who was injured who is a PG (Garland)

c. A third tier PG via free agency (Tyus Jones, McConnell) (<-- Probably the most likely)

d. Trade for a superfluous, older second-tier PG like Conley with a bad contract (e.g. Johnson + Warren for Conley or Teague).
I could be missing a few, but here is a decent list.

UFAs at pg - Collison, Rozier(Yuk), Rubio, Rose
RFAs at pg - DLo, Satoransky, Tyus Jones, McConnell
Possibly on trade market - Lonzo, Conley, Dinwiddie, Lowry, VanVleet
Possibly available at 32 - Carson Edwards(killer, shooter, strong, reminds me of Lowry a little), Jalen Lecque(might be a better athlete than Ja), Arturs Zagars(draft and stash, great shooter, super crafty and shifty guard with Nash, Curry, Young type of feel for the game with quick release, finishes like Kyrie around the basket, but better more willing passer)

I'm telling you guys, next year's PGs in the draft will be all-time good with talent and depth. It's bad value to waste it on a PG at 6 this year.
Interesting list but...

Too old: Conley, Rubio, Rose, Lowry

Not a PG: Satoransky

No way their team will let them go: VanFleet, DLo, Lonzo

No way we want them: Rozier

Out of our price range: DLo, Dinwiddie (e.g. cost will vastly exceed our cap space)

What's that leave? The two guys I mentioned: Jones and McConnell.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Rubio is only 28

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Split T wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:20 pm
Rubio is only 28
I stand corrected. His stats are dropping off, and appears to be on the down slop of his career. He just plays like he's 33.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:29 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:20 pm
Rubio is only 28
I stand corrected. His stats are dropping off, and appears to be on the down slop of his career. He just plays like he's 33.
I don’t have any interest in rubio..just pointing out his age

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

c. A third tier PG via free agency (Tyus Jones, McConnell) (<-- Probably the most likely)

d. Trade for a superfluous, older second-tier PG like Conley with a bad contract (e.g. Johnson + Warren for Conley or Teague).
I could be missing a few, but here is a decent list.

UFAs at pg - Collison, Rozier(Yuk), Rubio, Rose
RFAs at pg - DLo, Satoransky, Tyus Jones, McConnell
Possibly on trade market - Lonzo, Conley, Dinwiddie, Lowry, VanVleet
Possibly available at 32 - Carson Edwards(killer, shooter, strong, reminds me of Lowry a little), Jalen Lecque(might be a better athlete than Ja), Arturs Zagars(draft and stash, great shooter, super crafty and shifty guard with Nash, Curry, Young type of feel for the game with quick release, finishes like Kyrie around the basket, but better more willing passer)

Interesting list but...

Too old: Conley, Rubio, Rose, Lowry

Not a PG: Satoransky

No way their team will let them go: VanFleet, DLo, Lonzo

No way we want them: Rozier

Out of our price range: DLo, Dinwiddie (e.g. cost will vastly exceed our cap space)

What's that leave? The two guys I mentioned: Jones and McConnell.
Satoransky is a pg/sg, and played pg pretty well in Washington with Beal, but...whatever.

Dinwiddie would be a trade and obviously we have enough salary to make that happen. DLo might end up having to be the same thing or they will have to dump salary to make it happen. Not out of the realm of possibility

There is always Elfrid Payton and Rajon Rondo. I also forgot to add those, plus Brogdan added to RFA, haha.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So you're saying there was a chance?

http://arizonasports.com/story/1940235/ ... st-season/
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think we'll see a new version of tanking where teams in the 8-11 position try to subtly not make the playoffs. It won't be nearly as bad as we've seen in recent years with some teams seemingly packing it in before the All-Star break.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

“We’re not going to be in [the lottery] again, this is it,” Pitman said.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:28 pm
I think we'll see a new version of tanking where teams in the 8-11 position try to subtly not make the playoffs. It won't be nearly as bad as we've seen in recent years with some teams seemingly packing it in before the All-Star break.
I can’t see that happening. Teams may not go all in for the playoffs, but they won’t lose games on purpose if there is a chance at the playoffs

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I can’t see that happening. Teams may not go all in for the playoffs, but they won’t lose games on purpose if there is a chance at the playoffs
I think it'll be situational. If a fringe playoff team's best player is injured or they're on the verge of a rebuild, for example.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:46 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I think it'll be situational. If a fringe playoff team's best player is injured or they're on the verge of a rebuild, for example.
I’m not too worried about that...for instance a team like New Orleans this year who got blindsided by AD...I’m ok if they don’t go all in on the playoffs. Hopefully the tanking we’ve seen of years past stops.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Wormwood wrote:

Conley would be a total upgrade. Hes a top PG in the league with 21 and 6 while making multiple players better. Think what this would do for Ayton, Bridges, Booker- including Melton and Okobo. Opens up the floor and gives you a general.
You have to get better over time, nobodys going from 19 wins to winning a freaking championship.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:40 pm
“We’re not going to be in [the lottery] again, this is it,” Pitman said.
Hahahaha!

Either he's lying, stupid, or I want some of whatever he's smoking to make him so irrationally happy.