2019 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Thread

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

We've found our new center and pf. Tacko and Deandre... :lol:
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I feel a little bit bad for the guy. He's coming into the league 20 years too late.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

10’2.5” standing reach. So he can dunk flat footed?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 pm
10’2.5” standing reach. So he can dunk flat footed?
Maybe a ping pong ball.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:37 pm
I feel a little bit bad for the guy. He's coming into the league 20 years too late.
He should have come in when he was 3. That was his prime.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Darius Garland preseason scouting video.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I think with as shallow as this draft is perceived, Garland isn't going to be there at #6. I think it's possible the Knicks take him at #3 (especially if they're picking him for some other team), but there's no way he's falling past Cleveland at #5. I think he just kind of fits in perfect with Sexton.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's interesting. I don't know about Cleveland. It feels like if Garland didn't get hurt, he may have fallen in the draft. We didn't get a lot of time to nit pick his weaknesses at Vanderbilt. It feels like if Garland is the pick, that he will need a vet pg to play ahead of him for a few years, otherwise the Suns are in the same position next year, imo. Plus, they need to get a pf. It's not going to be easy, but they are lucky that they know exactly what they need.

Split T

Post by Split T »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:10 am
I think with as shallow as this draft is perceived, Garland isn't going to be there at #6. I think it's possible the Knicks take him at #3 (especially if they're picking him for some other team), but there's no way he's falling past Cleveland at #5. I think he just kind of fits in perfect with Sexton.
Hmm, I don’t see it with Cleveland. They are kinda the same player. Both scoring guards with questionable playmaking. Both undersized for the 2. Defensively they’d be a mess. And if Garland goes top 5, that probably means Culver fell to 6. Or you just take Hunter/Clarke.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Where do you guys think that AD lands?
1. NY possible package built around: #3 pick(most likely RJ), Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, and maybe Frank or DSJ, Dallas picks.

2. Lakers possible package built around: #4, Lonzo(who could be flipped for more with a 3rd team), Ingram, Kuz, Hart and future picks.

3. Boston possible package: Tatum, Brown, Smart, #14, #20, #22. Not sure that the Celtics give up the farm for a rental of AD for 1 yr if Kyrie seems to be leaving. I think they would build around Tatum, plus his value has dropped a little since last year.

I'm starting to think that NY is going to be his landing spot, but after their FA is essentially finished. I could see NO wanting to bring in RJ to team with Zion, bring Mitchell Robinson back home to anchor the defense with Zion, RJ and Jrue, along with another long wing with potential win Knox. Then I see them go out in FA to build out some good vets for the team. Griff picked the perfect team to go to.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I bet we'll make a promise to select Garland, but then the next leadership will instead select Gorsuch. (Eh?)

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Jrue-Barrett-Zion-Mitchell is a very nice core, and they'd be getting more assets for sure. Such offer would be hard to turn down.

In my opinion LAL can't compete despite getting #4, because Lonzo is shaky and Ingram's condition make him a huge question mark. Kuzma wouldn't move the needle in my mind.

Only issue is Davis forcing NOP's hand by scaring off any other team, including NYK. I agree with you, if NYK wants Davis, they better come to him with real talent already added to the roster.

Boston is in a harder place, because it seems Irving is gone and he is not a leader anyway. I can't see AD favoring those Celtics over LAL and NYK (provided they are not bare).

If Kawhi doesn't leave TOR, Masai could put Siakam-Ibaka-draft assets on the table and take a risk like they did with Leonard.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 am
wpmiller42 wrote:
Hmm, I don’t see it with Cleveland. They are kinda the same player. Both scoring guards with questionable playmaking. Both undersized for the 2. Defensively they’d be a mess. And if Garland goes top 5, that probably means Culver fell to 6. Or you just take Hunter/Clarke.
I don't hate Garland's playmaking ability. I don't think it's great at this point, but I think you can have him initiate an offense and I don't think he'll be turnover prone. I think he can be a solid, fringe-starting level guard. I honestly don't like Culver that much.

I do like Hunter and Clarke, and I think I like Clarke slightly better of the two. But if we take either of those guys, we have to figure out how to move some guys. Right now, I think you try and keep Oubre and Bridges, and find new homes for Jackson and Warren (even though I still love Warren's game).

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:58 am
Where do you guys think that AD lands?
1. NY possible package built around: #3 pick(most likely RJ), Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, and maybe Frank or DSJ, Dallas picks.

2. Lakers possible package built around: #4, Lonzo(who could be flipped for more with a 3rd team), Ingram, Kuz, Hart and future picks.

3. Boston possible package: Tatum, Brown, Smart, #14, #20, #22. Not sure that the Celtics give up the farm for a rental of AD for 1 yr if Kyrie seems to be leaving. I think they would build around Tatum, plus his value has dropped a little since last year.

I'm starting to think that NY is going to be his landing spot, but after their FA is essentially finished. I could see NO wanting to bring in RJ to team with Zion, bring Mitchell Robinson back home to anchor the defense with Zion, RJ and Jrue, along with another long wing with potential win Knox. Then I see them go out in FA to build out some good vets for the team. Griff picked the perfect team to go to.
I think it’s NY. Barrett, Robinson, plus whatever else is better than what the Lakers can offer. Then they can sign KD/Kyrie or whatever they want to go with AD.

Jrue/Barrett/Zion/Robinson is a real nice core

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
wpmiller42 wrote:
Or Reddish, who does kind of fit our roster. I think workouts will keep Cam from dropping to 6. They're saying he works out extremely well. He's been compared very favorably to Paul George. I think there may have been a little alpha dog problem with he and Zion.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:57 pm
Split T wrote:
wpmiller42 wrote:
Or Reddish, who does kind of fit our roster. I think workouts will keep Cam from dropping to 6. They're saying he works out extremely well. He's been compared very favorably to Paul George. I think there may have been a little alpha dog problem with he and Zion.
I'm not sure about this. Zion, even though he is an alpha dog, didn't mind just fitting in and filling in the holes. He was happy to be the 3rd option if needed to be. Look at all the times he just acquiesced to RJ. Truth is Cam had every opportunity to step up and take the mantle, but shrunk most of the time. He's not as tall as George, but he's extremely skilled and it was surprising that he didn't shoot better, which was concerning since most of those were wide open assisted shots.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 am
Could be true, but it's just kinda lazy speculation that the team who needs a PG would promise a PG.

I think it's more likely that Klutch seeds this rumor to stir interest in their guy.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Read the thread.