RIP John McCain 1936 -2018

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: RIP John McCain 1936 -2018

Post by Nodack »

No argument here.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney: Moving the USS John McCain was "not an unreasonable thing to do"

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ ... 0764229723

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:39 am
White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney: Moving the USS John McCain was "not an unreasonable thing to do"

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ ... 0764229723
I am not sure if that is your summary verbiage or not, but that is not what he said. He didn't say moving it or hiding it was unreasonable. Just that it wasn't unreasonable for a junior advance team member to ask about it.

Either way it is ridiculous, but the way you said it was untrue, and then it lends credence to the "fake news" people that say you can't believe anything, so I will just believe what I want.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I was just quoting the video title from the site. "Mulvaney: Moving the USS John McCain was 'not an unreasonable thing to do' " I did not mean to editorialize.

As for whether it is a correct quote, his direct quote was, when speaking about the idea of some staff member requesting to move the ship: "That's not an unreasonable thing to ask." The misquote seems to be "ask" vs "do", but otherwise it appears to be a correct quote. This video below also has it at around 1:05:

I don't think this qualifies as "fake news." It seems to be an accurate quote from Mulvaney.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I watched the interview and I understand it wasn't fake news. I was bothered by the misquote (ask to move versus move) because it is ridiculous enough on its own and doesn't need to be embellished. This administration is a dumpster fire.