2019 NBA Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Post by The Bobster »

Does this now give Golden State the label of being a team that will clear a player to play when he's not healthy, and put him at risk for further injury if it's an important game?

Should the Warriors have not cleared Durant to play?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They literally just forbade Klay from playing in game 3.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:04 pm
Nobody can answer that except those who have access to the exams that were done before he was cleared.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Nobody can answer that except those who have access to the exams that were done before he was cleared.
Even with that it is still likely a judgement call, based a lot on what he says about how he feels. I don't get the impression he felt pressured by his coach or the docs to play. I think life pressured him into playing, and I am sure how well he did in his practices helped. He had a pretty amazing first quarter.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:24 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Even with that it is still likely a judgement call, based a lot on what he says about how he feels. I don't get the impression he felt pressured by his coach or the docs to play. I think life pressured him into playing, and I am sure how well he did in his practices helped. He had a pretty amazing first quarter.
But I hope they warned him that he was risking an Achilles rupture by playing. Because they had to have known that. And knowing that, should they have refused to let him play?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The question I have is, if he weren't an impending free agent, would they have urged him to play? In a sense they had nothing to lose, since it was rumored that he was going to leave anyway.

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:16 am
The question I have is, if he weren't an impending free agent, would they have urged him to play? In a sense they had nothing to lose, since it was rumored that he was going to leave anyway.

If I was Durant I'd have the Warriors pay for my year of rehab. He's be smart to stay for his final year, and test the waters next off-season.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Bucktastic365 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:47 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:16 am

If I was Durant I'd have the Warriors pay for my year of rehab. He's be smart to stay for his final year, and test the waters next off-season.
Only if no one is willing to offer him the max. I still think someone gives him a max deal. Starting salary of 38 million..his player option is only for 31

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I don't believe the Warriors urged him to play, or pressured the doctors to clear him. If they (including Durant) thought the risk was too high, he wouldn't have played. I don't think him being a FA matters at all, that would be a huge black mark for the franchise. And I would guess career threatening for the doctors. I think Lowe also said that KD had his own doctor involved as well.

He felt good, he wanted to play, they probably knew the risk is higher than normal, but it's hard to know how much. It's easy to point the finger at them now, but sometimes you just are that unlucky.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It just goes to show, you shouldn't listen to doctors/staff who say, "Your ___ (part) is badly injured, but by playing on it, you aren't risking any further injury." B-S. If you play on a bad leg, you're taking a great risk to your health and career. End of story.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah but you take that risk every second you are practicing or playing. It isn't like KD knew. And he will get paid either way. Easy Money Sniper

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Fred VanVleet has some massive juevos.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

He was fantastic.

Absolutely deflating seeing Klay go down. He was having an incredible game.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Siakam was absolutely tremendous this postseason.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

Let’s go!! Congrats Raptors

Where does the Kawhi trade rank amongst best trades in history?

carey

Post by carey »

BookTheGoat wrote:Let’s go!! Congrats Raptors

Pretty high but GS' injuries had as much to do with Toronto winning as Kawhi did.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:46 pm
BookTheGoat wrote:Let’s go!! Congrats Raptors

Pretty high but GS' injuries had as much to do with Toronto winning as Kawhi did.
It's amazing that if Embiid didn't get sick in that series, they might be the champs right now. I think they dropped a couple games to Toronto when he was under the weather and still only lost on a last second shot by Kawhi.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Grats to Toronto! They have to be stoked! That city is gonna rock tonight.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Lets go Toronto! Happy for them. Down goes a dynasty. Sad for Klay, don't really care about the others.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So sad for Klay.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass