Game Day (Summer League): Suns (1-0) @ Grizzlies (2-0), Tues 7/9/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Suns (1-0) @ Grizzlies (2-0), Tues 7/9/19

Post by Split T »

Hmm, I’ve actually seen some pretty nice moves to the hoop by Lecque. Why do you say he isn’t a scorer?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:42 am
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:09 am
It's tough to say how Lecque projects. He's about 6-4 185, lightning quick and super bouncy but again, doesn't show much in terms of offensive versatility right now. Usually if a guy's a scorer, it's a natural thing and he can put the ball in the basket. Haven't seen that from Lecque thus far. What's Russell Westbrook without the offense?

I also kept a look out for Brandon Clarke, who wasn't much of a factor in last night's game. He's obviously athletic and made some nice passes out of the paint with good awareness of where his teammates were. I still think his size will be an issue as he looked smaller standing in the lane when FTs were being shot.
Wasn't he like +24 or +23 last night, after posting similar the game before?
Yup. I was wrong, he's awesome.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:45 am
Hmm, I’ve actually seen some pretty nice moves to the hoop by Lecque. Why do you say he isn’t a scorer?
I'm talking more in terms of shooting and looking for his shot off the dribble. He's shown he can play in PnR and can beat his man off the dribble but I don't think he's looked for his shot off the bounce.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 pm
Split T wrote:
I'm talking more in terms of shooting and looking for his shot off the dribble. He's shown he can play in PnR and can beat his man off the dribble but I don't think he's looked for his shot off the bounce.
Gotcha, ya his shot has a long ways to go. I’m not too worried about him not hunting shots right now. I’m cool just letting him develop slowly.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:19 pm
In2ition wrote:
ShelC wrote:
It's tough to say how Lecque projects. He's about 6-4 185, lightning quick and super bouncy but again, doesn't show much in terms of offensive versatility right now. Usually if a guy's a scorer, it's a natural thing and he can put the ball in the basket. Haven't seen that from Lecque thus far. What's Russell Westbrook without the offense?

I also kept a look out for Brandon Clarke, who wasn't much of a factor in last night's game. He's obviously athletic and made some nice passes out of the paint with good awareness of where his teammates were. I still think his size will be an issue as he looked smaller standing in the lane when FTs were being shot.
I don't know if you were wrong, as I thought the same thing when I watched. In fact, I thought Spalding was having more of an impact myself. I was surprised by the stat when I saw it, although I admittedly didn't watch the whole game.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 pm
Split T wrote:
I hope they have a good plan for him and develop him right. I like a lot of the things I've seen from him, but agree that he still has a long way to go. Just make sure he develops correctly.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:59 pm
ShelC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
ShelC wrote:

I don't know if you were wrong, as I thought the same thing when I watched. In fact, I thought Spalding was having more of an impact myself. I was surprised by the stat when I saw it, although I admittedly didn't watch the whole game.
I didn’t watch the game at all, but plus/minus in a single game isn’t exactly a good indicator of who played well.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:10 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:59 pm
ShelC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
ShelC wrote:

I didn’t watch the game at all, but plus/minus in a single game isn’t exactly a good indicator of who played well.
2 games in a row, so we'll watch to see if it's a trend.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s also summer league, he’s 23, and was one of the best college basketball players in a long time. It shouldn’t be a surprise if he’s dominating summer league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I watched a fair bit of that game and I wouldn't say he dominated in any specific way. His +/- numbers are good, but like Shel said, he looked small for his position and guys like Lecque and Spalding weren't afraid to go at him.

I still like him and think his greatest assets will always be athleticism and intelligence, but he'll need to develop at least one reliable skill to be an impact starter for a good team.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Again, it's summer league. It can't tell you if you'll be awesome, only if you're going to suck.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Lol