2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by ShelC »

A final thought on Lecque....he plays with an ease and calmness that's pretty encouraging. He didn't seem in awe of anything, no deer in the headlights look, wasn't pressing or trying to force anything. And even with his athleticism, he didn't seem reliant on it.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

When people say someone (Bender, Len, etc) is just young as there excuse for them playing like pathetic scared teenagers, this is why I call bullshit. Lecque just has it. You can tell when a player sucks ass vs when they’re young and raw. The others just sucked ass. You could wait 10 years for development and they’d still be sucking.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:16 pm
When people say someone (Bender, Len, etc) is just young as there excuse for them playing like pathetic scared teenagers, this is why I call bullshit. Lecque just has it. You can tell when a player sucks ass vs when they’re young and raw. The others just sucked ass. You could wait 10 years for development and they’d still be sucking.
Yeah! No player has ever gotten better after struggling as a teenager. Not ever! W-O-R-D111

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:23 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Yeah! No player has ever gotten better after struggling as a teenager. Not ever! W-O-R-D111
FTFY

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:23 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Struggles are one thing. Struggling with your shot, your defense, your turnovers.

But your hands (Len) or your assertiveness (Bender)? Not happening. Especially not the assertiveness. There just was not a basketball player there. You can just tell when someone plays like they belong, even when they struggle.