Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Superbone »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/04/politics ... index.html

I agree with what Beto O'Rourke has to say on the matter and Trump's influence on the increased shootings in America.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:25 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:46 pm
The blood of the dead in El Paso is on all Trump supporters', and all Republicans', hands. They give them the guns, the hatred, the fear, and the racist rhetoric. All the shooter has to do is pull the trigger.
Go to hell Marty. For you to make an asinine, blanket statement like that is ridiculous. There is just as much, if not more hatred on the left(see Antifa, et al). There have been people beaten in this country for simply wearing a hat someone doesn't like(MAGA). You claim the left is tolerant and respectful of everyone, but you have just shown, once again, that you are far from it. Just because I, and millions of other Americans support Trump, does not mean I am responsible for the death of people at the hands of some deranged kid. The racist rhetoric started long before Trump was in office and will continue long after he leaves. And I am nowhere near racist.

I expect an apology, not an attack from you now.
Number of mass murders committed by Antifa members - 0
Number of mass murders committed by right wingers - Too many to count

Antifa is a group who shows up wherever there is a clash of left and right wingers. They are known to cause trouble and beat up people. I haven’t heard of one incident where one of them showed up and started mowing down civilians.

All of the extremist killings in the US in 2018 had links to right-wing extremism, according to new report
https://www.businessinsider.com/extremi ... ort-2019-1

There is no way a Trump supporter can convince me that Trump isn’t intentionally stroking the fans of racism to motivate his base to hate Blacks, Hispanics and Muslims. Every single time he speaks in public he does it. He IS getting people killed and he doesn’t care in the slightest bit.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/08/0 ... ng-center/

The US makes up almost 5% of the world population yet we own 42% of the guns on the planet. Hmm. I wonder why there are so many less senseless gun killings in other countries?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump - “They hate America!”

What is a Trump supporter supposed to think when he says that? If they own guns and believe everything Trump says then of course the Media, Democrats, Blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, FBI, DOJ, Intelligence Community, Dems on the Supreme Court are the “enemy of the people.” Some of Trumps supporters are going to be motivated to defend their nation against all those groups Trump defined as the enemy. Trump takes no responsibility for his actions and his followers and the GOP in Washington follow him right over that cliff.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:46 am
No apology coming. Your Trump stokes racist hatred with his words and deeds every day. And your GOP keeps the laws in place to put assault weapons in so many hands. You're all to blame. You can go apologize to the relatives of all the dead in El Paso and Dayton for voting for a bigot fascist for President and encouraging the murders. Then we can talk.
I guess I shouldn’t expect any less from a college professor from California.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:27 pm
Trump - “They hate America!”

What is a Trump supporter supposed to think when he says that? If they own guns and believe everything Trump says then of course the Media, Democrats, Blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, FBI, DOJ, Intelligence Community, Dems on the Supreme Court are the “enemy of the people.” Some of Trumps supporters are going to be motivated to defend their nation against all those groups Trump defined as the enemy. Trump takes no responsibility for his actions and his followers and the GOP in Washington follow him right over that cliff.
A Trump supporter is supposed to think “they” want to run roughshod over the constitution and bend it to their liking.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Marty has nothing to apologize for. How are they running rough-shot over the Constitution? By trying to stop mass murders? The Constitution doesn’t say anything about the right to mass murder people. It says you have the right to bear arms in a well regulated militia. The founding fathers had no inkling about the weapons of the future. Tanks, rockets, missiles, mortars, .50 cal machine guns, fighter jets are all arms too. You aren’t allowed to have them. Some people think we shouldn’t have military style weapons because you can shoot dozens in less than a minute and cause mass casualties, which we have seen over and over and over and over recently.

The Constitution isn’t made of stone. Slavery was written right into the Constitution and it was Republicans who amended the Constitution. I commend them and the US for that.

The Dayton massacre is still being sorted out. The shooter is dead. Nobody knows the motivation behind this attack yet. The shooters sister and her boyfriend were found dead in a car near the scene.

Indy

Post by Indy »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:00 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
No apology coming. Your Trump stokes racist hatred with his words and deeds every day. And your GOP keeps the laws in place to put assault weapons in so many hands. You're all to blame. You can go apologize to the relatives of all the dead in El Paso and Dayton for voting for a bigot fascist for President and encouraging the murders. Then we can talk.
Supporting trump is supporting an out-spoken racist, misogynistic and xenophobic. Supporting that type of a person is what leads to this type of hatred. It doesn't matter if you are a professor in california or a rancher in texas. It is what it is. Some people just thing the "good" of trump outweighs his racism/misogyny/xenophobia/hatred. Anyone that thinks good can come from it are blinded by "party loyalty" or by their own racism. Saying you are not a racist, but you just support racists is no better.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Ohio shooter was engaged by police :30 seconds after he started firing and still managed to shoot over 20 people.

The shooter opened fire with a .223-caliber high-capacity rifle with 100-round drum magazines. I didn’t even know they had magazines that large.

:30 is a ridiculously fast response time. What would the carnage be with a 100 round drum magazine if they weren’t able to respond so fast?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:56 pm
The Ohio shooter was engaged by police :30 seconds after he started firing and still managed to shoot over 20 people.

The shooter opened fire with a .223-caliber high-capacity rifle with 100-round drum magazines. I didn’t even know they had magazines that large.

:30 is a ridiculously fast response time. What would the carnage be with a 100 round drum magazine if they weren’t able to respond so fast?
I believe the timing they are using is since the first car/officer was dispatched (which means stuff happened, then someone decides to and can call the police, then they dispatch). But either way, they got there very fast and he still could have easily killed that many people. We are so lucky he didn't get into the club and the bouncer kept him out.

And I thought once Bush became president (the 2nd one) we removed all magazine capacity restrictions (federally) and starting allowing things like suppressors to anyone willing to pay the $200 or whatever the tax stamp is.

Indy

Post by Indy »

My bad, Nodack. I had only read estimates of the time, and didn't realize they had some better detail--I just read an NPR report that said it was 30 seconds from his first fired shot.

carey

Post by carey »

SunsRIt wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
The blood of the dead in El Paso is on all Trump supporters', and all Republicans', hands. They give them the guns, the hatred, the fear, and the racist rhetoric. All the shooter has to do is pull the trigger.
Go to hell Marty. For you to make an asinine, blanket statement like that is ridiculous. There is just as much, if not more hatred on the left(see Antifa, et al). There have been people beaten in this country for simply wearing a hat someone doesn't like(MAGA). You claim the left is tolerant and respectful of everyone, but you have just shown, once again, that you are far from it. Just because I, and millions of other Americans support Trump, does not mean I am responsible for the death of people at the hands of some deranged kid. The racist rhetoric started long before Trump was in office and will continue long after he leaves. And I am nowhere near racist.

Trump's policies directly impact people of color. If you're not racist you're equally as awful for supporting him in my book.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

carey wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:05 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

Trump's policies directly impact people of color. If you're not racist you're equally as awful for supporting him in my book.
What policies are those exactly?

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Indy wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:59 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Supporting trump is supporting an out-spoken racist, misogynistic and xenophobic. Supporting that type of a person is what leads to this type of hatred. It doesn't matter if you are a professor in california or a rancher in texas. It is what it is. Some people just thing the "good" of trump outweighs his racism/misogyny/xenophobia/hatred. Anyone that thinks good can come from it are blinded by "party loyalty" or by their own racism. Saying you are not a racist, but you just support racists is no better.
And there we go. The war cry of the Democratic party: "You don't agree with me? Then you're a racist.

Who was exactly was I supposed to support in the 2016 election? Hilary? No. Way. In. Hell.

Split T

Post by Split T »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:29 pm
Indy wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
And there we go. The war cry of the Democratic party: "You don't agree with me? Then you're a racist.

Who was exactly was I supposed to support in the 2016 election? Hilary? No. Way. In. Hell.
It’s possible to stand for your ideals and beliefs independent of who you vote for. You can be republican and conservative and not support Trump.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If you made a special trip to find the most Mexicans you could just so you could kill as many as possible... you might be a racist.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you support Trump, you have no problem with racism and racist violence. You should be ashamed. In the future nobody will admit to having been a Trump supporter because it'll be like saying you supported the Holocaust.

carey

Post by carey »

SunsRIt wrote:

Exactly why this is on you and everyone who fell for that FOX News and utterly disproven Clinton Cash hogwash. You knew the monster you were voting for and did it anyway.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump today gives his condolences to the people of Toledo after the tragic event. Oh, it was Dayton? Whatever....

Indy

Post by Indy »

SunsRIt wrote:
Indy wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

You can hate Hillary. That is totally fine. But supporting Trump means you openly support and voted for a known racist and misogynist and xenophobe. You knew who you were voting for when you did it. You could have voted for anyone via write in. You could have stayed home and decided not to support either. Or supported one of the non-racist 3rd party candidates. But you cast a vote saying that you wanted Donald Trump to be the President of the United States, knowing full well what he was.

Disagreeing with me does not make you a racist. Choosing to support a racist makes you a racist, or at least a racist sympathizer, which isn't any better. Tell me I am wrong with any of the logic here. I will happily eat crow for anything I got wrong.