Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Superbone »

I remember that guy from when he represented all the teams. (Was it after the draft?) Looks like the Suns hired him to do this schedule release video. Pretty good marketing move.

#splashfamily
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Suns tied with OKC for the hardest schedule in the league according to Vegas. Mil by virtue of being in the East among other factors has the easiest.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wouldn't put much stock in that, as the Suns were by far the worst team in the west last year and the west is much better than the east. You can see the discrepancy in the difference between PHX and Chicago in strength of schedule.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:33 am
Some Ayton highlights from JCraw's summer league up in Seattle. Basically a glorified YMCA game but he looks a little leaner to me and is showing off some nice post moves. Also hit a 3, tho his form was a little flat. I know a few people want to see him develop a face up/dribble drive game but I want him emulating Ewing and Duncan. He's got that physique and touch to be that kind of player. Turnaround baseline jumpers ala Ewing, faceup 14-16 footers and drop steps ala Timmy.

A different angle on that 3

Does he look leaner, though? Am i the only one peeping some man-boobs?

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Suns tied with OKC for the hardest schedule in the league according to Vegas. Mil by virtue of being in the East among other factors has the easiest.
Every other team gets to play against us and we don’t! No fair!

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:
carey wrote:
I think it's average opponents win expectancy. We don't get to play a lot of for sure crap teams and when we do it's not often.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:32 pm
Cap wrote:
carey wrote:
I think it's average opponents win expectancy. We don't get to play a lot of for sure crap teams and when we do it's not often.
Right. It's a flawed metric made for ESPN talking heads to fill 8 minutes of TV time.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:01 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:14 pm
Ha that's pretty good!
That is pretty good. I think the one I saw for the Pacers was amazing. Let me see if I can find it...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:21 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:33 am
Some Ayton highlights from JCraw's summer league up in Seattle. Basically a glorified YMCA game but he looks a little leaner to me and is showing off some nice post moves. Also hit a 3, tho his form was a little flat. I know a few people want to see him develop a face up/dribble drive game but I want him emulating Ewing and Duncan. He's got that physique and touch to be that kind of player. Turnaround baseline jumpers ala Ewing, faceup 14-16 footers and drop steps ala Timmy.

A different angle on that 3

Does he look leaner, though? Am i the only one peeping some man-boobs?
You're the only one. Not seeing man boobs.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

They say people see what they want to see. :shock: :D
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:19 pm
They say people see what they want to see. :shock: :D
I was studying those titties like the Zapruder film.

Pretty sure I'm seeing some serious jiggle at the 10 second mark after his turnaround. His shirt is untucked for a reason.

carey

Post by carey »

I was studying those titties like the Zapruder film.

Pretty sure I'm seeing some serious jiggle at the 10 second mark after his turnaround. His shirt is untucked for a reason.
That would harsh my buzz if he came in out of shape.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm not seeing any jiggle or man boobs. At worst he looks like he's in the same shape as last season. And no one playing has their jersey tucked in. It would be obvious if he were carrying extra weight, ala Chriss.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I've been overruled by the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 pm
I've been overruled by the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.
Witty.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sebastian Telfair: Former NBA player sentenced to more than 3 years in prison in gun case
https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 996430001/
A former Phoenix Suns player was sentenced Monday to more than three years in prison after being convicted earlier this year of carrying a loaded handgun in his pickup truck.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think we all knew this already, but yikes.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m real curious what our offer to Rozier was

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

https://arizonasports.com/story/2044476 ... over-suns/
That was needed because Phoenix apparently had an enticing offer out to Rozier, who was a free agent for the Boston Celtics. Before the free agency period opened, Rozier expected to take a one-year deal with the Knicks, but early that morning, the Suns put an offer on the table that trumped New York’s, he said.

That was when, Rozier said, Michael Jordan, the Hornets’ principal owner, intervened. “Mike was overseas, and I can just picture him probably having a cigar in his mouth and the words he told Mitch [Kupchak], the GM, was like: ‘Get him over here. Do what you need to do to get him over here.'”

Rozier was sold. “I’d be a fool if I was to go anywhere else or turn down that,” he said. “I look at it as just a team, organization believing in me. Knowing that I want to prove myself in this league and giving me that chance is bigger than anything and [their willingness] to pay me a right amount of money, it was just big and the guy that was behind all that was Michael Jordan. It’s still surreal to me.”
Knicks probably offered a 1 year deal in the 15-17mil range but only a 1 year deal for cap flexibility. We could've offered a 3 or 4 year deal similar to Charlotte's but MJ came up with a bit more and structured it as a declining deal so Rozier gets 19.9 this upcoming season. Plus Rozier seemed taken with MJ.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:02 pm
I’m real curious what our offer to Rozier was
I'd bet what we offered to Ricky or slightly below that. What a disaster that would have been.