Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:02 pm
i vote no to taking out turnovers...
Weak.
Shabazz wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:25 pm
Auction!!!!
+1

If the majority want to keep the same ol' set up we've always had, I'll still play.

But I will start another league for those who are capable of expanding their fantasy horizons. This would include an auction draft and the removal of turnovers as a stat. I'd suggest splitting rebounding into offensive and defensive if the league wants to maintain 9 categories.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'd prefer double doubles to TOs as a category. Not interested in an auction format.

Indy

Post by Indy »

What is the logic for removing TOs as a category?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:34 am
It’s the only negative stat, you’re probably gonna lose that category just by being more active than your opponent. It also punishes teams that have high usage players. High usage players are the best players in the league and using turnovers brings them down in fantasy. Booker is better than Otto Porter Jr, but with turnovers he might not be in fantasy.

So, I don’t like turnovers, I’d rather focus on what good things players do and not have to factor in how many turnovers they are going to get in the process. I also don’t like having 1 category that hurts you the more active you are at keeping your roster updated.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:43 am
Indy wrote:
It’s the only negative stat, you’re probably gonna lose that category just by being more active than your opponent. It also punishes teams that have high usage players. High usage players are the best players in the league and using turnovers brings them down in fantasy. Booker is better than Otto Porter Jr, but with turnovers he might not be in fantasy.

So, I don’t like turnovers, I’d rather focus on what good things players do and not have to factor in how many turnovers they are going to get in the process. I also don’t like having 1 category that hurts you the more active you are at keeping your roster updated.
Interesting. I don't do much fantasy basketball because of how much time it takes, but it seems like it is similar to interceptions in FF. Seems like it makes the game much more interesting to have a negative stat so you have to make trade offs.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:48 pm
Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:

Interesting. I don't do much fantasy basketball because of how much time it takes, but it seems like it is similar to interceptions in FF. Seems like it makes the game much more interesting to have a negative stat so you have to make trade offs.
Football is scored differently though. It’s a points league, the stats all combine to give you one score. Basketball is scored in categories, so turnovers is scored by itself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm willing to go with whatever the consensus is.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I'm not sure I'll have enough time to be properly active this year, so if you're not desperate for players I'd skip this season.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I'm not too fussed about turnovers, but would slightly lean towards keeping them. Because of time zones, I'm always a bit iffy to make the draft live so would prefer not to go to an auction format.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Snake drafts are for kids.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Indy wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:48 pm
Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is exactly how I feel about turnovers as a category. It's part of the game, it affects players' abilities to help their teams win games. I don't get why we would take it out just because it's "not fun". Fantasy is not a one to one for real life so yeah it's a bit of a shame for Booker to possibly rank below Otto Porter, though it would seem that's not the case even with turnovers turned on.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:39 pm
pickle wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:02 pm
i vote no to taking out turnovers...
Weak.
Shabazz wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:25 pm
Auction!!!!
+1

If the majority want to keep the same ol' set up we've always had, I'll still play.

But I will start another league for those who are capable of expanding their fantasy horizons. This would include an auction draft and the removal of turnovers as a stat. I'd suggest splitting rebounding into offensive and defensive if the league wants to maintain 9 categories.
I'm in for auction, and I am open to trying new things. If there is another league please do let me know. If I spend the time on following stats for one team, might as well apply it to other teams too.

TO as a category is not a make or break for me, especially if the other parameters are interesting enough.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:07 pm
Maybe let's get the managers all signed up and then take a vote... any chance we can go back to 14 teams?

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

I’m in if there’s any open spots.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:04 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:07 pm
Maybe let's get the managers all signed up and then take a vote... any chance we can go back to 14 teams?
I’ll set it up this weekend.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BookTheGoat wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:58 pm
I’m in if there’s any open spots.
I don’t see why not.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Could we hold the draft sometime during the weekend of October 18th-20th? I prefer to avoid the 20th if possible, but I can try to make it work depending on the start time.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just re-upped our league. For those looking to join, IM me and I'll send you the link:
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Are any of the old-timers interested in taking over as commish? I just don't have the time to commit to it that I should.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'll run it.