Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:34 pm
Just re-upped our league. For those looking to join, IM me and I'll send you the link:
FYI, if you were in last year, you should have gotten an email and I believe you were auto-enrolled for this year.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:41 pm
I'll run it.
OK, cool. Let's give it a little time and see if anybody else is interested as well and we can draw straws or have co-managers or whatever. Thanks!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:29 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I'll run it.
OK, cool. Let's give it a little time and see if anybody else is interested as well and we can draw straws or have co-managers or whatever. Thanks!
No problem. I don't mind if someone else wants to do it as long as they're active here since this is where most of the league communication goes down.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:34 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:29 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I'll run it.
No problem. I don't mind if someone else wants to do it as long as they're active here since this is where most of the league communication goes down.
Agreed that we need someone active here. If nobody pipes up today, it's yours. All yours. Mu ha ha!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Congratulations to Flagrant Fowl. He is the new commissioner of the Phx-Suns.net Vet League!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Thanks!

The first thing I'd like to square away is to have every returning manager post here with their team name. I've scheduled the draft for Saturday, October 19th at 3:00PM PDT, so anyone who doesn't respond here at least a week before that time will be removed from the league. The draft time is flexible, but I'd like to keep it around that weekend.

Anyone who wants to join can send me a private message with their email address and I will email them an invite.

Once we have that settled we can take a vote on various league settings.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That date/time should work for me.

Team name is Project Mayhem.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Time would be tricky for me, I’ll be working that day. If it works for everyone else I can try and figure it out. I could do 5:00 pm PDT or later.

Team name is Split T

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That date/time works for me, Superbone's Suns.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:57 am
Time would be tricky for me, I’ll be working that day. If it works for everyone else I can try and figure it out. I could do 5:00 pm PDT or later.

Team name is Split T
Changed to 5:00PM PDT.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Shabazz. As of now I can do later that night. There's a chance that my real league (the one with money involved) drafts that same night. I could possibly do both at once if that happens.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Anybody down to make it a keeper league? We seem to have the same managers every year.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:53 pm
Anybody down to make it a keeper league? We seem to have the same managers every year.
I'll add that to our list of suggested changes.

I've never done a keeper league because it's difficult to maintain owners year-to-year. Even if one person drops out, it's often difficult to find a replacement. I'd like to hear your suggestions on how to run it fairly. For example, how many keepers and other restrictions.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Shabazz. As of now I can do later that night. There's a chance that my real league (the one with money involved) drafts that same night. I could possibly do both at once if that happens.
Later is pretty much always better for me, but I think we have some people in more eastern time zones.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I'm okay with 5 pm PDT or a little later. Can do 4 pm as well, but later is better as I'm actually 15 hours away. My team is platypus beaks.

I run a fantasy league with some friends out here too and I do an annual survey using survey monkey to consolidate opinions and update rules, fwiw.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:10 pm
Shabazz wrote:

I've never done a keeper league because it's difficult to maintain owners year-to-year. Even if one person drops out, it's often difficult to find a replacement. I'd like to hear your suggestions on how to run it fairly. For example, how many keepers and other restrictions.
It's significantly easier to manage in auction mode where you add a $5 penalty to keep players and limit each team to 5 keepers. In snake format, you can do a 3-round penalty (pick a player in the 7th round you can keep them as your 4th round pick). It's a question of how difficult it is to manage with Yahoo's tools.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:36 pm
I run a fantasy league with some friends out here too and I do an annual survey using survey monkey to consolidate opinions and update rules, fwiw.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:17 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:10 pm
Shabazz wrote:

It's significantly easier to manage in auction mode where you add a $5 penalty to keep players and limit each team to 5 keepers. In snake format, you can do a 3-round penalty (pick a player in the 7th round you can keep them as your 4th round pick). It's a question of how difficult it is to manage with Yahoo's tools.
I read up on their tools and it seems straight forward. We could use a system like either of those you mentioned.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

I'm Huskies and should be able to make the draft, but don't really care if I have to autodraft

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Andrew Gaze All Stars. Time should work for me. I’m in a keeper league where players are eligible to be keepers once you get to a certain point in the draft (we do round 7). Then you can work our what penalty there is to keep them for subsequent years.