Suns News: Preseason 2019

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: Preseason 2019

Post by Superbone »

https://arizonasports.com/story/2122637 ... rs-series/

Donaghy: Dislike of Suns owner Sarver was factor in rigging of Spurs series

Exerpt:
Donaghy revealed on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Bickley & Marotta that it was a specific game the referees decided to choose because of one referee’s particular disdain for Suns owner Robert Sarver. That overseeing referee pointed out specific tendencies on film for the crew to essentially rig in favor of the Spurs.

“Obviously, everybody knows I refereed one of those famous games with the San Antonio Spurs where [the Suns] were definitely the better team in that series and San Antonio went on to win that series,” he said.

“Tommy Nunez, who was the group supervisor at that time for that series, didn’t like Sarver, who was the owner of the Suns at that time, and was always pointing out in the tape sessions of things to call against Phoenix and things not to concentrate on against San Antonio,” Donaghy said. “And I think it put San Antonio at an advantage.”
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:04 am
I think Jerome is ahead of Carter, as he should be, despite what happened in the preseason. He's a much better player. Hard not to see that.
agreed. Right now I would put Jerome as our 2nd guard off the bench behind TJ. The other TJ. No, not the one we traded.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:27 am

Exerpt:
Donaghy revealed on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Bickley & Marotta that it was a specific game the referees decided to choose because of one referee’s particular disdain for Suns owner Robert Sarver. That overseeing referee pointed out specific tendencies on film for the crew to essentially rig in favor of the Spurs.

“Obviously, everybody knows I refereed one of those famous games with the San Antonio Spurs where [the Suns] were definitely the better team in that series and San Antonio went on to win that series,” he said.

“Tommy Nunez, who was the group supervisor at that time for that series, didn’t like Sarver, who was the owner of the Suns at that time, and was always pointing out in the tape sessions of things to call against Phoenix and things not to concentrate on against San Antonio,” Donaghy said. “And I think it put San Antonio at an advantage.”
Can you imagine... a key reason that team didn't win a championship may be that Sarver is a fucking asshole and even the refs hate him. I wonder how different things would have been in Jerry waited 5 more years before selling. Ugh.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:00 am
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:04 am
I think Jerome is ahead of Carter, as he should be, despite what happened in the preseason. He's a much better player. Hard not to see that.
agreed. Right now I would put Jerome as our 2nd guard off the bench behind TJ. The other TJ. No, not the one we traded.
Trey Jason?

Indy

Post by Indy »

i think that is his name. and why are you up so early?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:02 am
Superbone wrote:

Exerpt:

Can you imagine... a key reason that team didn't win a championship may be that Sarver is a f*** a****** and even the refs hate him. I wonder how different things would have been in Jerry waited 5 more years before selling. Ugh.
I unfortunately think about that all the time.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:02 am
Superbone wrote:

Exerpt:

Can you imagine... a key reason that team didn't win a championship may be that Sarver is a f*** a****** and even the refs hate him. I wonder how different things would have been in Jerry waited 5 more years before selling. Ugh.
Dude. Don't even... <sigh>
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey Sarver, efffffffffffffffffff youuuuuuuuuuuu.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Fuck Sarver.

pickle

Post by pickle »

But also, fuck cheating refs.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

The more I read and hear about Sarver, the more I’m starting to think he is a bad owner. Just my 2 cents.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:06 pm
The more I read and hear about Sarver, the more I’m starting to think he is a bad owner. Just my 2 cents.
Let's not jump to any conclusions yet. Give the man time!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1184981257358204928

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:27 am

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1184981257358204928

Not even listed, huh. That stings.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

BTW, I've been enjoying the Timeline podcast this preseason. Thanks, whoever recommended it!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

[tweet][/tweet]
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Indy

Post by Indy »

that is the attitude every player has (or should have) when their former team gives you away for nothing.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Just a random question for you guys. I know that we have improved our starting five and I'm hopeful this year. But what about the defensive end? Is there a starting 5 in the NBA which is worse defensively than our 5 guys? I think that aspect of our team will determine our position in April.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Split T

Post by Split T »

Democritus wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:30 am
Just a random question for you guys. I know that we have improved our starting five and I'm hopeful this year. But what about the defensive end? Is there a starting 5 in the NBA which is worse defensively than our 5 guys? I think that aspect of our team will determine our position in April.
Atlanta for sure. I can’t imagine the wizards, hornets, or Cavs having competent defenses either.