Around the League: The Off-season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: The Off-season

Post by Mori Chu »

It's possible that Chriss could have thrived in a healthier org than ours. But it's also possible that he's a knucklehead who would have washed out. A lot of our guys (e.g. Bender) feel to me like they would have been great on the Spurs. Wouldn't Pop have turned Bender into a deadly weapon? But when I picture a guy like Chriss on the Spurs, I don't think they would have turned him into an asset. I think Pop would have gotten tired of his attitude and BS and they would have gotten rid of him. I don't know if he can find a role on the Warriors, and maybe he'll stick in the league after all. But I have not seen anything from him so far to indicate that the awful Suns org is to blame for his failures in the NBA.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Suns are partially to blame, sure. But Chriss didn't do his part either. The Suns didn't force feed him In and Out Burger over the summer so that he came in out of shape. Chriss could have done much better as a Sun than he did if he would have done things differently. I'll be the first one to throw shade at the franchise but it's not all on them.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:57 am
It's possible that Chriss could have thrived in a healthier org than ours. But it's also possible that he's a knucklehead who would have washed out. A lot of our guys (e.g. Bender) feel to me like they would have been great on the Spurs. Wouldn't Pop have turned Bender into a deadly weapon? But when I picture a guy like Chriss on the Spurs, I don't think they would have turned him into an asset. I think Pop would have gotten tired of his attitude and BS and they would have gotten rid of him. I don't know if he can find a role on the Warriors, and maybe he'll stick in the league after all. But I have not seen anything from him so far to indicate that the awful Suns org is to blame for his failures in the NBA.
Well the warriors waived their starting SF to get him on the roster. He’s been very good for them in preseason. As a warriors fan, I’m sure you’ll see it soon.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Preseason stats -

Warren, IND - 22.4 Min, .476 FG%, .500 3P%, .889 FT%, 2.2 Reb, 2.2 Ast, 13.8 Pts
Holmes, SAC - 19.7 Min, .824 FG%, .000 3P%, .667 FT%, 5.2 Reb, 0.5 Ast, 8.5 Pts
Bender, MIL - 15.0 Min, .607 FG%, .538 3P%, .846 FT%, 4.8 Reb, 2.0 Ast, 10.4 Pts
Chriss, GSW - 22.6 Min, .609 FG%, .200 3P%, .900 FT%, 8.0 Reb, 3.0 Ast, 9.5 Pts
Anderson, HOU - 10.9 Min, .364 FG%, .375 3P%, .000 FT%, 2.7 Reb, 1.3 Ast, 3.7 Pts

What was Houston expecting from Anderson when they signed him?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:12 pm
Preseason stats -

Warren, IND - 22.4 Min, .476 FG%, .500 3P%, .889 FT%, 2.2 Reb, 2.2 Ast, 13.8 Pts
Holmes, SAC - 19.7 Min, .824 FG%, .000 3P%, .667 FT%, 5.2 Reb, 0.5 Ast, 8.5 Pts
Bender, MIL - 15.0 Min, .607 FG%, .538 3P%, .846 FT%, 4.8 Reb, 2.0 Ast, 10.4 Pts
Chriss, GSW - 22.6 Min, .609 FG%, .200 3P%, .900 FT%, 8.0 Reb, 3.0 Ast, 9.5 Pts
Anderson, HOU - 10.9 Min, .364 FG%, .375 3P%, .000 FT%, 2.7 Reb, 1.3 Ast, 3.7 Pts

What was Houston expecting from Anderson when they signed him?
The same thing McD was expecting? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:49 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:57 am
Well the warriors waived their starting SF to get him on the roster. He’s been very good for them in preseason. As a warriors fan, I’m sure you’ll see it soon.
Shots fired haha (we know you don't)

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

First TJ then Draymond and now Gortat have bad words for our beloved team. I guess its poo on the Suns week
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Democritus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:38 pm
First TJ then Draymond and now Gortat have bad words for our beloved team. I guess its poo on the Suns week
Gortat too now? You going to make me search for it?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Alright, here it is:

Says we're a "brothel on wheels". Not in the literal sense.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/10/20/ma ... on-wheels/

Let's hope Sarver really has learned his lesson by bringing in Jones and Williams and letting go of the reigns because what Gortat said fits our past like a glove.
"Be Legendary."

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:26 pm
Democritus wrote:
Of course not Bone...here
[tweet][/tweet]
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Democritus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:30 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:26 pm
Democritus wrote:
Of course not Bone...here
Thanks, Demo. I got a little trigger happy.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's interesting that Gortat thinks it's still the same, even though the front office and coaching staff is almost completely different. I don't think that Monty would sign up to be the Suns coach if that was really the case. At least that's the feeling I get on the type of person that Monty is. Maybe he's not the man of character that we all think he is.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:59 pm
It's interesting that Gortat thinks it's still the same, even though the front office and coaching staff is almost completely different. I don't think that Monty would sign up to be the Suns coach if that was really the case. At least that's the feeling I get on the type of person that Monty is. Maybe he's not the man of character that we all think he is.
Huh? Are you seriously going speculate that based on Gortat's statement? Of course Gortat was referring to when he played here.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:01 pm
In2ition wrote:
Huh? Are you seriously going speculate that based on Gortat's statement? Of course Gortat was referring to when he played here.
He said that it still is, meaning current tense. What am I supposed to think? It's not like he's out of touch with the entire NBA, including the Suns since he's not in the league right now.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
He said that it still is, meaning current tense. What am I supposed to think? It's not like he's out of touch with the entire NBA, including the Suns since he's not in the league right now.
That is a HUGE leap to put that on Monty based on Gortat's statement. How would he have such an intimate knowledge of our front office after being away from the team for so long. Come on, In2, you're better than this.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:13 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
That is a HUGE leap to put that on Monty based on Gortat's statement. How would he have such an intimate knowledge of our front office after being away from the team for so long. Come on, In2, you're better than this.
How is that a HUGE leap? He said, "I think it hasn't changed...". I'm pretty sure it has changed too, but NBA guys have ties to teams even after they leave, no?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
How is that a HUGE leap? He said, "I think it hasn't changed...". I'm pretty sure it has changed too, but NBA guys have ties to teams even after they leave, no?
The Monty speculation is what I take issue with: "Maybe he's not the man of character that we all think he is."
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:17 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

The Monty speculation is what I take issue with: "Maybe he's not the man of character that we all think he is."
I have no reason to think he's not, and you're right, it's not fair to even speculate that he isn't based on Marcin "Stone Hands" Gortat.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:38 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:17 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I have no reason to think he's not, and you're right, it's not fair to even speculate that he isn't based on Marcin "Stone Hands" Gortat.
That's all I was getting at. Thank you.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

S A R V E R

It is not complicated guys