Oubre or Mikal Bridges as starting small forward?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Democritus

Re: Oubre or Mikal Bridges as starting small forward?

Post by Democritus »

SDC wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:31 am
Cameron Johnson should start ahead of Kelly Oubre for the Phoenix Suns

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2019/10/19/ ... enix-suns/
Valley of the suns is a piece of joke to me...
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:03 pm
Indy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:51 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:23 pm
Indy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:41 pm

I'm not that worried. Saric, even though he's young has been pretty good so far in his career. I think it's more likely that he improves than he regresses. I also think that Kaminsky is an underrated player. He's not great as a post defender and gets pushed around down there sometimes, but he's good in the post, he's a good passer, he can shoot and he does a good job relatively on the boards. All of that will continue to translate into the regular season. Besides, he did have a PER of 16.8 last season, which is above league average.
We don't have a backup 4 on the roster. I expect us to try and play Aron and Ayton together. Frank seems like a back up 5. I expect Cam and Kelly to play a lot of 4 this season. I don't think that is good.
I keep hearing this hand wringing from a lot of Suns fans on here, especially when he was initially signed. Nothing he did in preseason feels like it was a fluke and not reproducible in the regular season, other than minutes on the court.
Which player are you talking about?
Sorry, after rereading your post, it wasn't directly pointed at Kaminsky, which is who I was talking about.
no worries. I was talking about Frank when I say that he seems to play best as a backup 5. He was used as both a 5 and 4 in preseason, so we don't have a big sample size at either position. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Democritus wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:36 am
SDC wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:31 am
Cameron Johnson should start ahead of Kelly Oubre for the Phoenix Suns

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2019/10/19/ ... enix-suns/
Valley of the suns is a piece of joke to me...
this