Game Day: Suns (1-0) @ Nuggets (1-0), Fri 10/25/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
wpmiller42

Re: Game Day: Suns (1-0) @ Nuggets (1-0), Fri 10/25/19

Post by wpmiller42 »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:00 pm
f*** terrible last play. You just waste the time so if you don’t make it - which is highly likely because booker sucked all night- you have no time to foul and get a crack at a 3 to tie.

Monty knows we have a game tomorrow and he was tired of the game, he lost Intentionally.
For sure. What was the point of TJ coming up and setting false screen? Saric was setting much better picks and giving Booker some space. Have Saric come up and either set that screen to give Booker the space for a jumper or have him slip the screen and go strong to the basket.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

And played awful defensively too. He was the weak link by far

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Bummmer

I'm a Dario fan so lil disappointed that he's struggling on O so far but I thought he did such a great job on Joker in OT. Really wanted Book to end a forgettable shooting night with a game winner
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:01 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:59 pm
Haha no foul call. These refs sucked dick
That wasn’t a foul. Booker sucked his own dick tonight.
I agree but the refs still sucked all night.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

They should have put in Carter for that last possession shot, right Sauce?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This just in: Suns announce Devin Booker suspended 25 games for taking performance-decreasing drugs (PDDs).

Tough to lose by 1 like that in OT, but really proud of our guys for fighting so hard and pushing the Nuggets to the limit. Hope Rubio is okay and won't miss games due to his bonked knee.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I hope Ayton feels like shit. Suns would’ve won with him on the court and probably win convincingly too.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

People need to chill the fuck out with the Booker hate and some of the other comments about the squad. We almost won without all but one of our normal starters out there. You'd think we were terrible. Can't you be a little happy we almost pulled that off? I'm loving coach. He's got these guys playing hard and playing the right way. sauce, when did you become so intolerably negative?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:01 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:59 pm
Haha no foul call. These refs sucked dick
That wasn’t a foul. Booker sucked his own dick tonight.
On replay you're correct. He should've passed it to back to Tyler Johnson.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I think they're going to need to look at picking up another big body. I'm not real comfortable with using Kaminsky as the backup center defensively.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:07 pm
People need to chill the fuck out with the Booker hate and some of the other comments about the squad. We almost won without all but one of our normal starters out there. You'd think we were terrible. Can't you be a little happy we almost pulled that off? I'm loving coach. He's got these guys playing hard and playing the right way. sauce, when did you become so intolerably negative?
I think there is a difference between frustration and hate, I think people were just frustrated with him but it just wasn’t his night. I think pretty much everyone is proud of their effort. I think the only real hate tonight is between Sauce and Javon and Jokic with salad.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:12 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
People need to chill the f*** out with the Booker hate and some of the other comments about the squad. We almost won without all but one of our normal starters out there. You'd think we were terrible. Can't you be a little happy we almost pulled that off? I'm loving coach. He's got these guys playing hard and playing the right way. sauce, when did you become so intolerably negative?
I think there is a difference between frustration and hate, I think people were just frustrated with him but it just wasn’t his night. I think pretty much everyone is proud of their effort. I think the only real hate tonight is between Sauce and Javon and Jokic with salad.
I just started moving through the thread and the last 4 pages were dispersed with a lot of heavy vitriol towards a bunch of our players. Then we'd make a great play or two and get right back into the game and it would be crickets from those same posters. It got to the point that when their avatar would show up in the thread, I knew it was going to be some super negative "sucking his own dick" type of comment about OUR team.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:15 pm
Wally_West wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
People need to chill the f*** out with the Booker hate and some of the other comments about the squad. We almost won without all but one of our normal starters out there. You'd think we were terrible. Can't you be a little happy we almost pulled that off? I'm loving coach. He's got these guys playing hard and playing the right way. sauce, when did you become so intolerably negative?
I just started moving through the thread and the last 4 pages were dispersed with a lot of heavy vitriol towards a bunch of our players. Then we'd make a great play or two and get right back into the game and it would be crickets from those same posters. It got to the point that when their avatar would show up in the thread, I knew it was going to be some super negative "sucking his own dick" type of comment about OUR team.
Booker played like shit and lost us the game at the end. It was quite fitting.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:20 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:15 pm
Wally_West wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Booker played like s*** and lost us the game at the end. It was quite fitting.
I'll see you guys on the next game day thread then. This one is relegated to sucking his own dick Booker. Denver was getting that call ALL NIGHT on drives to the bucket with half the contact. If they blow their whistle like they had been for Denver, we're celebrating Booker winning the game for us.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

To be fair, Booker did suck tonight. His FG% was atrocious. I started watching the game middle of the 4th quarter. I was so impressed we were hanging with them on the road without Ayton, and then to continue to hang after Baynes, Oubre and Rubio went out. I lost sight of the box score. When your superstar shoots that poorly, he deserves to get shit on some.

This is me admitting I was partially (mostly?) wrong.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Devin Booker had an off night. It’s gonna happen from time to time. He seems to have a slow start every year but eventually turns it up. I can’t wait to see that. I really think this team is a playoff team which makes the Ayton suspension hurt so much. If they can keep a respectable record until Ayton comes back, there is still a shot I think to compete for those last couple playoff spots.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:33 pm
To be fair, Booker did suck tonight. His FG% was atrocious. I started watching the game middle of the 4th quarter. I was so impressed we were hanging with them on the road without Ayton, and then to continue to hang after Baynes, Oubre and Rubio went out. I lost sight of the box score. When your superstar shoots that poorly, he deserves to get s*** on some.

This is me admitting I was partially (mostly?) wrong.
Sorry. I’m quiet when we’re doing well because I’m fully invested with the phone off hand. I come here to vent when we shoot ourselves in the foot. It was a great game to watch. If Book makes anywhere close to 40% from the field we win this easily.

If I didn’t vent with my thumbs on this site I’d have a lot of broken items in the house :twisted:

The Carter hate on the other hand is real. Monty giving him PT over TJ and Bridges confuses me. He should play off ball backup PG right now and be told to move the damn ball if he’s not going to shoot the open 3.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I left my place when Booker lost the ball out of bounds with 10 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Oops. :lol:

Neither team played well all night, which means this game could've easily been stolen by the Suns. I do think the refs had their head up their ass for almost the entire second half.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

[tweet][/tweet]
The most important thing tonight
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

This one is on Monty. You don't allow your team to run the clock out when you are behind! Ever. Basketball 101. Down 1, you shoot as quickly as possible.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.