Game Day: 76ers (5-0) @ Suns (4-2), Mon 11/4/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: 76ers (5-0) @ Suns (4-2), Mon 11/4/19

Post by Superbone »

jonh wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:12 pm
What an incredibly sweet win.

Who the heck created the Suns schedule. Murderers row the first 10 games of the season!
And yet we're 5-2. Don't look now but we're 2nd in the Western Conference, a half game behind the Lakers.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:17 pm
I wonder how Mcdo is feeling right now. Is he happy for the team?
Hopefully, he's learning a ton about how you put a team together and hire the proper coach and staff.
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Superbone wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:39 pm
Nice quarter so far. It's a little anti-climactic without Embiid and Ayton but still a great matchup. Both teams came to play, playing great D, knocking down shots. We were up 8 at one point with the starters but the 2nd unit's offense stalled and we're down 1 on a Horford 3 to end the qtr.

Our starters definitely gave their starters some trouble and we may need to mix in a guy like Devin or Rubio with the 2nd unit to keep the offense going.

Devin's been a killer and was handling the ball a lot early, being aggressive early almost to get himself going. Bridges is seeing more and more time for Oubre it seems and is looking more comfortable out there which is a good sign.
Both Oubre and Bridges were in to end the ballgame so that's a good sign.

No idea what this kin thing is and I don’t like it .. couldn’t delete the one I accidentally gave you so next best thing was to give you all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

3rdside wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:35 am
Superbone wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:39 pm
Nice quarter so far. It's a little anti-climactic without Embiid and Ayton but still a great matchup. Both teams came to play, playing great D, knocking down shots. We were up 8 at one point with the starters but the 2nd unit's offense stalled and we're down 1 on a Horford 3 to end the qtr.

Our starters definitely gave their starters some trouble and we may need to mix in a guy like Devin or Rubio with the 2nd unit to keep the offense going.

Devin's been a killer and was handling the ball a lot early, being aggressive early almost to get himself going. Bridges is seeing more and more time for Oubre it seems and is looking more comfortable out there which is a good sign.
Both Oubre and Bridges were in to end the ballgame so that's a good sign.

No idea what this kin thing is and I don’t like it .. couldn’t delete the one I accidentally gave you so next best thing was to give you all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I won't stop until I have all the kin! (Whatever they are.) Anyway, thanks, I guess. :P
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:32 am
jonh wrote:

Who the heck created the Suns schedule. Murderers row the first 10 games of the season!
And yet we're 5-2. Don't look now but we're 2nd in the Western Conference, a half game behind the Lakers.
Wow, you're right:

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

It's way early in the season, but this is an incredible achievement for our young team.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:49 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:32 am
jonh wrote:

Wow, you're right:

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

It's way early in the season, but this is an incredible achievement for our young team.
I SAID DON'T LOOK!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's absolutely nuts, but I think it's possible the Suns beat their Vegas O/U by the all star break.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SDC

Post by SDC »

revised prediction on which team will make the playoffs after 2 weeks.

EAST:
1) philly
2) miami
3) boston
4) milwaukee
5) toronto
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?

WEST:
1) Phoenix
2) Lakers
3) Clippers
4) Denver
5) Minnesota
6) Dallas
7) Utah
8) Portland

Houston might make the playoffs if houston shuts down westbrook and harden becomes the solo superstar.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Just finished watching. WOW! I had to keep pausing the game at times just to regain my composure. I stood in front of the TV for the final few minutes. This team is turning into the Cinderella team of the NBA this season. Playing all these playoff bound teams to start the season was brutal and yet they are two baskets away from being undefeated 7 games in!

FREAKING A!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401160737
Phoenix (5-2) continued its run as one of the most surprising teams in the NBA, knocking off the previously undefeated 76ers, who played without star center Joel Embiid because of his two-game suspension for an altercation with Minnesota's Karl-Anthony Towns on Oct. 30.

Cry me a river. I don’t see them mentioning Ayton being suspended. It’s as of they are putting and * by the game.

Pfft

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

"I have heard it a couple times but I don’t think it was a real shot at it. But, that is the love that I get here. It has been unconditional since day-one, I always say it. But, it is good to feel the energy in there. The fans are getting what they want, hard-working team coming to push the issue every night. Playing for them, playing for ourselves, playing for this whole city." Devin Booker.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's funny (and infuriating) watching this turnaround Jones helped orchestrate with less than a year on the job while McD tried selling "The Timeline" and telling fans to wait 3 years for the really good teams to be bad in order for the Suns to win games. Clown supreme. He deserves all the jokes and hate he gets.

Another thought from the game last night...early on it was a battle. Down 1, up 2, back and forth. Then the Sixers made a run for an 8pt lead but we quickly got back into it. Not only did we battle and keep playing D when shots weren't falling, but even when the Sixers were playing well, we'd either be right there with them or still have a lead. Felt almost Spurs-esque where you think you're playing well for a stretch but look up and you're still down 6. That can be deflating for a team.

And finally Rubio. He's just a machine. We can play well with him on the bench but there are moments during the game where you just feel at ease when he has the ball and is directing things. A veteran steady hand who's seen it all and can make sure the team does what it needs to. I can guarantee we wouldn't be in this position with DAR or Rozier. We just wouldn't be.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Wow. The nightmare appears to be over.
Quality professional basketball has returned to Phoenix!
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

carey

Post by carey »

I want to enjoy this win but the beaten down Suns fan inside of me is saying, “The Kings started last season 7-3.” I’m hesitant to say that we’re back but I love how scrappy we are.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

We played with Oubre at PF down the stretch. Can you imagine how good this team would be with a good PF? Saric and Kaminsky aren't long term answers.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Wormwood wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:38 am
We played with Oubre at PF down the stretch. Can you imagine how good this team would be with a good PF? Saric and Kaminsky aren't long term answers.
How about we we play Ayton and Baynes together?

jonh

Post by jonh »

Wormwood wrote:
I actually really like what they did with the PF spot--I think one of Saric or Kaminsky can provide some type of production on most nights. we will see how it unfolds over the reset of the season, but to say it has been encouraging so far would be a ridiculous understatement.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Cap wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:42 am
Wormwood wrote:
How about we we play Ayton and Baynes together?
Why not? Baynes has the range. Have Ayton on 5 on offense and switch on defense - Ayton is a nightmare for smaller PFs.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 pm
O_Gardino wrote:Rubio played 33 minutes, the most of any Sun.
Korkmaz played 33 minutes, the fewest of any Philly starter.

I love how Monty gets the best out of our bench. When has the Suns bench ever been this good? Majerle / Manning?
You forgetting the bench mob of 2010? Dudley, Dragic, Barbosa and Sweet Lou? This one’s starting to feel like that.
You're right. Those guys put a ton of pressure on opposing teams.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:27 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:53 pm
This was such a tense game all the way through. Loved it. The Suns are BACK
I liked the way they never quit fighting. First half was a struggle, especially in the 2nd quarter. We kept going down but then clawing our way back in it. Then in the 2nd half we just kept grinding until we were able to get a little lead. Lost that but kept producing and staying ahead to win it down the stretch. This team is tough.
That was the best thing about the game. As a team, they never really looked flustered or pressured. It was the 76ers who looked frustrated. Booker took over, but it wasn't hero ball. They stayed within the offense and kept clear headed on defense.

Even with Saric and Kaminsky having individually bad games, the team as a whole kept to the game plan.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan