SB Nation Video on Barkley: Untitled Episode 1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
BlueMikey

SB Nation Video on Barkley: Untitled Episode 1

Post by BlueMikey »

SB Nation has a new series called Untitled and they started with who else but Charles Barkley.

If you watch this video, prepare to be sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io0v8y_zzpM

Mori Chu

Re: SB Nation Video on Barkley: Untitled Episode 1

Post by Mori Chu »

Watching the video now. Overall it's very good. Lots of nice history of Barkley and the Suns. One factual error: at 7:27 the narrator says that in 1993 Barkley would earn the Suns their "first ever trip to the NBA Finals." This forgets the 1976 Finals, where the Suns lost to the Celtics despite some heroics from one Gar Heard (making "the shot Heard 'round the world").

This video shows the famous play (with a young Al McCoy on the call!):

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That’s kind of unforgivable if true. If you’re going to give a history lesson, know the history of the team. Kind of obvious.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

It tells me not to trust SB nation. They added a comment below the video for a correction. Pretty bad.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's still a nice video overall. I enjoyed the detailed descriptions of each game in the playoff series over the years. I watched those 1993+ seasons but didn't remember the details of each game and who won and what happened.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This may have already been linked elsewhere, but I enjoyed this video, the second in the Untitled series, chronicling the career of Steve Nash. (Wow, is this a Suns-only series? Who is next? Paul Westphal? The Van Arsdales?)

A good watch if you want to get mad all over again about all the various heartbreaking playoff series in the 2000s.