Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
bIGDRAWLS0072

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

No problem coach.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Push please

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Me and Pickle will take a push on our trade please.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Have a trade pending. Could we push it through? Thanks!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Sorry for the delay. It's done.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Thanks man. No worries!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Does this mean I win?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:05 pm
Does this mean I win?
:lol: It just might.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

A better question is, how do we go about with this dynasty thing next season, since I was resigned to being kept out of the playoffs and hopefully making noise in the lower bracket to get a high draft pick...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:48 am
A better question is, how do we go about with this dynasty thing next season, since I was resigned to being kept out of the playoffs and hopefully making noise in the lower bracket to get a high draft pick...
I've been thinking about this for a while because the reward of selecting first in the next draft for winning the consolation bracket can be in conflict with the keeper rules. For example, if I won the first overall pick but I want to keep my 2nd round player from this draft, I'd essentially be wasting the first overall pick next year on a keeper and my first "real" draft pick would be at the end of the second round. It kind of gives that person an unintended difficult decision.

Instead, I suggest every owner select their draft position in the draft order I outlined before the season (7th place, 8th place, etc.). I believe this more adequately rewards the winner of the consolation bracket. So if I finished 7th and I want to keep my 2nd round player, I should choose the 12th draft position to maximize my draft value. Furthermore, maybe the 8th place guy doesn't want to keep his 2nd round player, so then he'd have the chance to take the 1st draft position. I hope that makes sense.

Due to the suspension of the season, I think we should use this model based on the final standings as we have them now, except in a descending order. So Split would have his choice of a draft position first.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

You guys got lucky. I was running away with this thing.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:26 am
pickle wrote:
I've been thinking about this for a while because the reward of selecting first in the next draft for winning the consolation bracket can be in conflict with the keeper rules. For example, if I won the first overall pick but I want to keep my 2nd round player from this draft, I'd essentially be wasting the first overall pick next year on a keeper and my first "real" draft pick would be at the end of the second round. It kind of gives that person an unintended difficult decision.

Instead, I suggest every owner select their draft position in the draft order I outlined before the season (7th place, 8th place, etc.). I believe this more adequately rewards the winner of the consolation bracket. So if I finished 7th and I want to keep my 2nd round player, I should choose the 12th draft position to maximize my draft value. Furthermore, maybe the 8th place guy doesn't want to keep his 2nd round player, so then he'd have the chance to take the 1st draft position. I hope that makes sense.

Due to the suspension of the season, I think we should use this model based on the final standings as we have them now, except in a descending order. So Split would have his choice of a draft position first.
Honestly that feels way too complicated in the longer term. If someone doesn't want to get the #1 pick, it's much easier to lose a post season match up than it is to win one. They can easily tank their way out of the 7th place finish.

As for next season, I think there is some bragging right on the line to have finished #1 overall in the regular season too, but I'll go with the flow on how the draft order would be determined for next season.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:12 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:26 am
pickle wrote:

Honestly that feels way too complicated in the longer term. If someone doesn't want to get the #1 pick, it's much easier to lose a post season match up than it is to win one. They can easily tank their way out of the 7th place finish.

As for next season, I think there is some bragging right on the line to have finished #1 overall in the regular season too, but I'll go with the flow on how the draft order would be determined for next season.
I disagree on both :lol:.

I don't think it's all that complicated. I think the adjustment I outlined is the best way to reward active owners who probably just had an unlucky season. Winning the consolation bracket earns the right to chose a draft position first. Sure it might take a few days for everyone to be on the ball and make their selections here, but there's always enough time for that stuff and other measures like a time limit could be implemented to keep it from being drawn out too long.

I don't think there's really any bragging rights for finishing #1 in the standings this season. As a joke, sure, it would be kind of funny if Split was out here bragging about winning the league or something.

If the NBA never resumes this season, is anyone going to call the Bucks the 2019-20 NBA champions?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I just want to drop a line for you keeper league fellas.

I'll post a timetable of organizational stuff to prepare for the next season once the NBA finalizes their calendar this Friday (hopefully). We'll need to arrange everyone's draft position and keeper selections, and I'd like to have our draft close to opening night.

Feel free to suggest any rule changes you'd like the league to consider in the mean time.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Can we reset the keepers? Since we didn't really have a playoffs...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:04 pm
Veto! I made a trade specifically with you because of keepers.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Yeah sure, and I made that trade specifically to shore up my off-season chances, but then the off-season didn't happen. If it did and I crashed and burned, I wouldn't have asked for a reset.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:46 pm
Yeah sure, and I made that trade specifically to shore up my off-season chances, but then the off-season didn't happen. If it did and I crashed and burned, I wouldn't have asked for a reset.
Fair enough.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Thanks for being understanding 'Bone, even if you eventually vote against my proposal. It's the logical dialogue that keeps me coming back to this board, and the fantasy league. Ultimately though, I'll go with whatever decision is made by all 12 managers. Simply throwing in the proposal for a reset.

I also want to go back to 9 cat, but I guess we already voted on that last year...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:04 pm
That's a negative.

I'd prefer to not change anything from last season because we didn't get to finish it, but I'm open to ideas if the majority of owners want something changed.