IG Horowitz reports/US Atty John Durham investigation

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
JJ Slim

Re: IG Horowitz reports/US Atty John Durham investigation

Post by JJ Slim »

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:10 am
How has Trump been trying to drain the swamp? This would be a laughable statement. If it weren't for a reasonable person being willing to say it.
Are you calling me a reasonable person? How dare you!! LOL

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:39 pm
JJ Slim wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:55 pm
I will add that Trump ran on "Drain the Swamp". Like him or hate him he has tried to follow up on his campaign promises.
He has? How so?
That would take a whole thread in itself. I try to keep independent of party views and keep informed on both side's views and actions and am critical and suspicious of the same. I don't only search out and listen to views and information that supports my views and rather try to find info that might change my mind. The information is out there. You just have to look.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JJ Slim wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:54 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:39 pm
JJ Slim wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:55 pm
I will add that Trump ran on "Drain the Swamp". Like him or hate him he has tried to follow up on his campaign promises.
He has? How so?
That would take a whole thread in itself. I try to keep independent of party views and keep informed on both side's views and actions and am critical and suspicious of the same. I don't only search out and listen to views and information that supports my views and rather try to find info that might change my mind. The information is out there. You just have to look.
OK, but can you give just a couple examples of how he has removed special interest, self-dealing, or money out of the political system in DC?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I don't see anything not motivated by vindictiveness and personal gain. Not saying that the likes of John Podesta haven't had things coming to them. Just seems to me that swamp monsters have increased in number, size, and stench.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Turning the entire country into a swamp is one way to "drain" it, I suppose.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

So far the only ones that have made any comments on the actual IG report have been Indy and Nodack. I am still reading it but I posted a long summary of it after watching the entire hearing. No one has commented on anything I posted. Did you not read what I posted or do you disagree with what I said? If you didn't read it, why not? Do you not trust me to report it to you accurately. I tried to keep it as unbiased as possible although it is still only my interpretation. I was hoping some one else had watched and we could then compare notes. If you read what I reported and disagree, I would love to hear why.

I have noticed that most of the liberal leaning sites and channels have been giving scant coverage to the report. I thought maybe it was just me but I found this:
"CNN Carried Only 33% of Horowitz Hearing, But Had 99% of Impeachment Hearing"
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/cu ... nt-hearing
That is a conservative site but I challenge anyone to dispute the numbers they report. I was unable to find any liberal sites that discussed the disparity in any detail.

What coverage I have seen from liberal leaning sites has been mostly quotes of the Democrat's questioning and repeating the "findings" that there was no bias and that it was a legal investigation. If you listened to the whole hearing or read the report beyond the summaries you would know that it is only a very, very small part of the facts and that even those facts are being misinterpreted without the proper context or additional information.

Leave out the fact that this was done against a Republican candidate's campaign and Presidency. Leave out whether you want or think that anybody should be punished for what was done. Do you think this is ok? Would you be ok with this happening to a Democrat? Or a regular private citizen? Because it will. And please don't say that this was an exceptional circumstance so exceptional measures had to be used. You can always find a reason or excuse that "this time" is different. Once you cross that line the next line is that much closer to being crossed.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

Or maybe nobody cares...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I haven't commented because you are spouting GOP garbage talking points. I have given up trying to convince people who think the GOP has any shred of integrity left. If you want to live in their fantasy land, enjoy yourself.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

And there, your bigoted, judgemental, intolerant, close-minded real selves come out.....

And people wonder why there can be no actual conversation left?

Its a fucking joke.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Phoenix219 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:09 pm
And there, your bigoted, judgemental, intolerant, close-minded real selves come out.....

And people wonder why there can be no actual conversation left?

Its a f*** joke.
There's no point. The GOP has abandoned all of its principles and now trades in lies and bigotry. There's no point in trying to reason with people who receive their news and information from propaganda networks and alt-right white supremacy sites. I'll leave you to your ignorance.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

JJ Slim wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:24 pm
Or maybe nobody cares...

Both party’s have cherry picked the report to bolster their sides claims...of course. I have noticed that most people have ignored the findings and have claimed the report says what they want it to say. From what I read the report says there was no political bias in the decision to start the investigation. Obama had nothing to do with it and it wasn’t based on the Steele dossier. That hasn’t stopped Republicans from continuing to say the opposite.

The report does say that some forms were filled our incorrectly by FBI agents and that it might have been done on purpose. That is something Republicans can legitimately complain about.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:36 pm
I haven't commented because you are spouting GOP garbage talking points. I have given up trying to convince people who think the GOP has any shred of integrity left. If you want to live in their fantasy land, enjoy yourself.
Oh come on Mori, you know me better than that. Obviously you didn't read what I posted or you would know that is not the case. And what does the GOP have to do with anything?