Game Day: Suns (23-34) @ Jazz (36-20), Mon 2/24/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day: Suns (23-34) @ Jazz (36-20), Mon 2/24/20

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

We've been down this road before this season. It was just one game and doesn't really change the odds of losing to Detroit or GSW in the next week.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:07 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:29 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:40 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:18 am

This is what I've been trying to tell INF.
It’s just not true, it’s a homer take IMO

Rubio played at a level last night he’s only played at about a dozen times this season. That has nothing to do with injuries to the bigs. His shot is just so inconsistent.

If Ricky could play at that level consistently, we’d be a totally different team. He’d also probably be playing elsewhere.
There's nothing in that statement about Rubio. Are you responding to the right message? You seem lost.
Lol. No you referenced the talk with INF that we were just Baynes and Saric away from competing, that it threw everything off not having them. That ignores the fact that Rubio played out of his mind last night, and we are more likely to see the Rubio pre all star break as that is closer to how he has been his whole career. So the bigs being healthy doesn’t change the trajectory of the team a whole lot, because what made the biggest difference to me last night was 22/11/7 steals from Rubio
Gotcha. However, my take has nothing to do with Rubio having monster games. It was just about everybody playing the roles they were brought in to play and having depth at each position, PG excepted.

Once again, what I was responding to courtesy of Nodack:
The Suns are healthy for the most part, only down one power forward now. That to me is the biggest difference. Monty has bodies that go in the right slots now. Ayton gets in foul trouble and Baynes comes in and holds down the fort like he is supposed to. If they are done with injuries I could see a push.
Bolded what I’m referencing.

Baynes being back had nothing to do with Rubio having a great game to me. And Rubio play is the biggest difference last night

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:31 pm
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:15 pm

It’s just not true, it’s a homer take IMO

Rubio played at a level last night he’s only played at about a dozen times this season. That has nothing to do with injuries to the bigs. His shot is just so inconsistent.

If Ricky could play at that level consistently, we’d be a totally different team. He’d also probably be playing elsewhere.
There's nothing in that statement about Rubio. Are you responding to the right message? You seem lost.
Lol. No you referenced the talk with INF that we were just Baynes and Saric away from competing, that it threw everything off not having them. That ignores the fact that Rubio played out of his mind last night, and we are more likely to see the Rubio pre all star break as that is closer to how he has been his whole career. So the bigs being healthy doesn’t change the trajectory of the team a whole lot, because what made the biggest difference to me last night was 22/11/7 steals from Rubio
Gotcha. However, my take has nothing to do with Rubio having monster games. It was just about everybody playing the roles they were brought in to play and having depth at each position, PG excepted.

The Suns are healthy for the most part, only down one power forward now. That to me is the biggest difference. Monty has bodies that go in the right slots now. Ayton gets in foul trouble and Baynes comes in and holds down the fort like he is supposed to. If they are done with injuries I could see a push.

Baynes being back had nothing to do with Rubio having a great game to me. And Rubio play is the biggest difference last night
I agree with that but Baynes being back allowed us to weather the storm of Ayton being in foul trouble for the entire night.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:40 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I agree with that but Baynes being back allowed us to weather the storm of Ayton being in foul trouble for the entire night.
I think this is true. At the same time, the Suns pulled away when Saric was playing Center for a short time.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:44 pm
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

I think this is true. At the same time, the Suns pulled away when Saric was playing Center for a short time.
So we’re all right

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:48 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:44 pm
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:

So we’re all right
We are alright!

Or as the crazy Buick guy would say, "Alright, alright, alright!"
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Took me awhile to notice Booker.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

It was funny when synder worm tongue exploded when Mitchell didn’t get a call onE time. Jazz had a stupid number of calls and key Suns in foul trouble in their favour and still got pumped. Maybe direct your anger at your players not the refs

Also what the hell happened by mike Conley? Had he fighting through injuries?

That Kelly injury seems to follow a trend. We don’t see players united in games but somehow we find out they have an injury after. Are we do celebratory wrestling after games? Never seen anything like it.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't remember anything specific during the game with Oubre and he played 38 minutes. Wonder if it was a practice thing since they announced it yesterday?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:17 am
It was funny when synder worm tongue exploded when Mitchell didn’t get a call onE time. Jazz had a stupid number of calls and key Suns in foul trouble in their favour and still got pumped. Maybe direct your anger at your players not the refs

Also what the hell happened by mike Conley? Had he fighting through injuries?

That Kelly injury seems to follow a trend. We don’t see players united in games but somehow we find out they have an injury after. Are we do celebratory wrestling after games? Never seen anything like it.
Ha! THATS who he reminded me of! I kept trying to remember where I had seen that face before!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Danimal wrote:
Yes, they had gotten so many call up until that point but he just went off when they didn't get one. I remember that well.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mitchell was coming off a screen and Bridges mightve held his arms while trailing/getting over the screen as Mitchell caught the ball and rose up. I think Mitchell tried to sell the foul more than needed and the refs let it go. But yea, we had those 3 super late whistles for fouls at that point and I think a 4th was coming, so F 'em.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 am
Danimal wrote:
Yes, they had gotten so many call up until that point but he just went off when they didn't get one. I remember that well.
My first thought was that he was pissed that he didn't get what he paid for and was promised. Life of a depressed Suns fan though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I was probably the most vocal on here about trying to get Mike Conley this past summer. Boy, would I like a mulligan on that one.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:30 am
I don't remember anything specific during the game with Oubre and he played 38 minutes. Wonder if it was a practice thing since they announced it yesterday?
I think we need to introduce X-rays at half time.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:34 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 am
Danimal wrote:
My first thought was that he was pissed that he didn't get what he paid for and was promised. Life of a depressed Suns fan though.
:D
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:04 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:47 pm
We're playing well! I like our ball movement a lot. Maybe Rubio got rested up after all.
Rubio with a MONSTER game. 22 points, 6 boards, 11 assists, 7 steals!
Thank you, 'bone. I was shocked at how low key Mori was after that performance. I expected the site banner to say Rubio.net.

Incredible game by Rubio. He deserves a lot of praise for that performance.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:09 pm
We've been down this road before this season. It was just one game and doesn't really change the odds of losing to Detroit or GSW in the next week.
Yeesh. I try not to go third person, but Flagrant Fowl nailed that one.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:02 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:09 pm
Yeesh. I try not to go third person, but Flagrant Fowl nailed that one.
If you had said “and” I would have been impressed. :P
"Be Legendary."