Remainder of Season Wish List

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Remainder of Season Wish List

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:15 am
I know it's cheap after the last couple of games, but I think we can win 12-15 after the allstar break. This team has been .500ish whenever they have been healthy. There will still be ups and downs, but I think they will still be about a .500 team as long as everyone suits up. A little below if they have normal amounts of injuries. a little above if they are especially healthy.
thoughts a week later?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:20 am
O_Gardino wrote:
I know it's cheap after the last couple of games, but I think we can win 12-15 after the allstar break. This team has been .500ish whenever they have been healthy. There will still be ups and downs, but I think they will still be about a .500 team as long as everyone suits up. A little below if they have normal amounts of injuries. a little above if they are especially healthy.
thoughts a week later?
We see what the team is really made of.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It hasn't been good. I will be very surprised if we break 30 wins this year.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:16 am
It hasn't been good. I will be very surprised if we break 30 wins this year.
The last two bad home losses put a huge damper on our win total.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The last two losses put a damper on any momentum they had and should be very embarrassing for them.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I heard that Booker, Ayton, and Rubio all skipped media availability after the last game and sneaked out. Not a great sign.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:59 am
I heard that Booker, Ayton, and Rubio all skipped media availability after the last game and sneaked out. Not a great sign.
What does it signify other than embarrassment and the inability to face questions after said embarrassment?
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

It really does feel like losing Oubre took the wind out of our sails. We had our problems before, but those last 2 games feel like the players realized the playoffs were out of reach and they’re play dropped accordingly.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
They were probably embarrassed and humiliated and wanted no part of being asked over and over why they sucked so bad. Nothing worse than getting beat by the worst team in the NBA who was starting Chriss and Bender, your cast offs.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:49 pm
Indy wrote:
They were probably embarrassed and humiliated and wanted no part of being asked over and over why they sucked so bad. Nothing worse than getting beat by the worst team in the NBA who was starting Chriss and Bender, your cast offs.
Hopefully this lights a fire under their butts and the come out with and maintain some intensity.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:06 pm
Indy wrote:
What does it signify other than embarrassment and the inability to face questions after said embarrassment?
There is a lack of accountability when you sneak out, especially as the 3 leaders on the team. Leaders don't duck out of tough questions. You stand up, explain where you fucked up, and move on. That is like leadership 101.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

virtual9mm wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:49 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:20 am
O_Gardino wrote:
thoughts a week later?
We see what the team is really made of.
They are 3-4 in the last 7. That's .500ish. 15 look like a stretch now, but I don't think 12 wins post all star is out of the question.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:06 pm
Indy wrote:
There is a lack of accountability when you sneak out, especially as the 3 leaders on the team. Leaders don't duck out of tough questions. You stand up, explain where you fucked up, and move on. That is like leadership 101.
I'm hoping they went and did some soul searching..