Suns News: Week 19 3/2-3/8

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: Week 19 3/2-3/8

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:13 am
I like both those guys and think they're worth developing.
I think Carter's ceiling is a 3rd string PG on defense, and a corner 3P shooter on offense. I love his energy and his shooting, but his lack of size and ability to run an offense will be limiting.

I think Okobo still has opportunity to grow at being a PG. I would like to develop him... do we do that?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Carter is what he is. Best case scenario is he’s a 6’0 Raja Bell/PJ Tucker. Unfortunately that means he has to play with someone who can defend the 2/3 and also run the offense. He’s fine if we keep him in that role. Spot up 3’s and pester opposing pg’s.

Okobo has some development there we can tap into. I’d like to see what we have with Jerome to see if one of those guys is worth developing more than the other. I can’t imagine we’ll have Jerome, Okobo, and Carter all back next year.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:36 am
Carter is what he is. Best case scenario is he’s a 6’0 Raja Bell/PJ Tucker. Unfortunately that means he has to play with someone who can defend the 2/3 and also run the offense. He’s fine if we keep him in that role. Spot up 3’s and pester opposing pg’s.

Okobo has some development there we can tap into. I’d like to see what we have with Jerome to see if one of those guys is worth developing more than the other. I can’t imagine we’ll have Jerome, Okobo, and Carter all back next year.
I just hope we find a place to ship Ricky. I really don't want him 30 mpg over the next 2.5 years. He has only had a single year in his career with a better eFG% than he has this year, which means this is about as good as it can get. And his shooting really kills our offense (not to mention how slow he has been on defense).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Okobo needs to learn balance. It seems like he's either in a scoring role or a distributing role. You have GOT to be able to mix it up!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:36 am
Okobo needs to learn balance. It seems like he's either in a scoring role or a distributing role. You have GOT to be able to mix it up!
I get the feeling he hasn't been given a lot of direction. You know, like every other draft pick we have made over the last 10 years.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baske ... tact-work/
Suns' Deandre Ayton: Does non-contact work

Coach Monty Williams said Ayton (ankle) participated in non-contact portions of Thursday's practice, Gina Mizell of The Athletic reports.

This is certainly an encouraging development for Ayton, who underwent an MRI on his left ankle Wednesday. While the test results are not yet known, leaving the big man without a firm timetable for his return, it's worth noting that Williams said he "for sure" expects Ayton back this season. That said, Ayton seems unlikely to be available for Friday's game against Portland.
No timetable for a return, but I'm reading he's likely diagnosed with at Grade 1 ankle sprain. Well, at least that's what the pharmacy tech at CVS told the Suns.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Coach Monty Williams said Ayton (ankle) participated in non-contact portions of Thursday's practice, Gina Mizell of The Athletic reports.

This is certainly an encouraging development for Ayton, who underwent an MRI on his left ankle Wednesday. While the test results are not yet known, leaving the big man without a firm timetable for his return, it's worth noting that Williams said he "for sure" expects Ayton back this season. That said, Ayton seems unlikely to be available for Friday's game against Portland.
No timetable for a return, but I'm reading he's likely diagnosed with at Grade 1 ankle sprain. Well, at least that's what the pharmacy tech at CVS told the Suns.
This stuff is getting so old.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:47 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I thought it was funny. If we can't joke during such terrible times, what else can we do?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:59 am
Lecque has all he can handle in the g-league.
Agreed. I think he needs 2 years in the G League before we think about him being a contributor.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:51 am
I just hope we find a place to ship Ricky. I really don't want him 30 mpg over the next 2.5 years. He has only had a single year in his career with a better eFG% than he has this year, which means this is about as good as it can get. And his shooting really kills our offense (not to mention how slow he has been on defense).
Agreed.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:36 am
Okobo has some development there we can tap into.
He has progressed modestly in his second year. He has great handles, good speed, and is terrific attacking the basket. He needs more confidence and continued development in his understanding of the game, but I think it is worthwhile to keep him around.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Grade 1 sprain is best case, we should see him back next week hopefully.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SunsRIt wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Is it your brother or something? Why so sensitive about the Suns junior training staff?

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:25 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I thought it was funny. If we can't joke during such terrible times, what else can we do?
Perhaps come up with new jokes?
As you said, we have little else to do... 😉

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Awesome. Just ignore the direction of your surgeon for the sake of sex appeal. You clown. Get rid of this Madonna.

<cue the backlash> lol

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Luckily the guy who watched a YouTube video on rehabbing meniscal tears and is now the self proclaimed director of meniscal rehabilitation for the Phoenix Suns is thinking everything looks great post op and he’s already doing push-ups!

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:24 pm
Luckily the guy who watched a YouTube video on rehabbing meniscal tears and is now the self proclaimed director of meniscal rehabilitation for the Phoenix Suns is thinking everything looks great post op and he’s already doing push-ups!
Is it sad that I think the overall collection of regular posters here could manage the team better? Aren't some of you doctors? We could probably collectively manage and treat the team better than Sarver has.

Indy

Post by Indy »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:56 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Is it sad that I think the overall collection of regular posters here could manage the team better? Aren't some of you doctors? We could probably collectively manage and treat the team better than Sarver has.
We have at least two medical doctors. But I am sure they are better compensated than Sarver could do.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
...and runway walks!
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

specialsauce wrote:
That guy was too expensive and was replaced with one of those wavy inflatable guys from the car dealerships in a lab coat and stethoscope.