NBA Season Suspended due to COVID-19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: NBA Season Suspended due to COVID-19

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:14 am
carey wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 pm
How does one isolate themself? Like if I caught it would I have to shut myself in the bedroom and have someone pass food & drink to me? Or do I go to the hospital for 2 weeks?
Like the others have said, please stay home unless you have having breathing problems or a high fever that can't be managed with alternating acetaminophen and ibuprofen every 3 hours.
Anybody know if this can affect the family pet?
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am
Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am
Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:08 am
Should Gobert be disciplined for that crap with the mics?
Did that happen yesterday, or did the video just come out yesterday? I wasn't sure if it was before he was showing symptoms or not. If after, then of course. Honestly, I would expect if any of those reporters come down with it they will sue for medical bills and pain/suffering/negligence on his part.
It was before he knew he was infected, but that’s kind of the point. The reason we’re told not to do that kind of thing is precisely because we might be carrying the virus and not know it.
Oh, I agree it was stupid either way. I am just saying if that he was feeling fine and had no idea, it is just him being immature and acting like a 10 year old. If he was already feeling ill, he is knowingly spreading a potentially deadly disease.
It’s like the guy who comes out of a sensitivity workshop, immediately does what he was told not to do, and laughs. When called on his shit he says, “It was a joke. I’m not being racist, I’m being ironic.” Hopefully, that guy has a come-to-Jesus meeting with HR. Gobert was making the same kind of joke. The mentality that it might be harmful when others do it, but it’s humorously ironic when I do it.
Last edited by Cap on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am
Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am
Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:08 am
Should Gobert be disciplined for that crap with the mics?
Did that happen yesterday, or did the video just come out yesterday? I wasn't sure if it was before he was showing symptoms or not. If after, then of course. Honestly, I would expect if any of those reporters come down with it they will sue for medical bills and pain/suffering/negligence on his part.
It was before he knew he was infected, but that’s kind of the point. The reason we’re told not to do that kind of thing is precisely because we might be carrying the virus and not know it.
Oh, I agree it was stupid either way. I am just saying if that he was feeling fine and had no idea, it is just him being immature and acting like a 10 year old. If he was already feeling ill, he is knowingly spreading a potentially deadly disease.
It is karma at its best.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Donovan Mitchell now has tested positive.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gobert was careless with his teammates as well:

Jazz star Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources tell ESPN. Jazz players privately say that Rudy Gobert had been careless in the locker room touching other players and their belongings. Now a Jazz teammate has tested positive.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:44 am
Gobert was careless with his teammates as well:

Jazz star Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources tell ESPN. Jazz players privately say that Rudy Gobert had been careless in the locker room touching other players and their belongings. Now a Jazz teammate has tested positive.
Wow! The whole careless with teammates thing is a huge deal as well. What an idiot.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gobert is DPOY for sure. He shut down the whole league!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think that this may end up really hurting Gobert's career. Fans and teammates alike may blame him for the season shutting down and for the spread of infections. Gobert was irresponsible and I don't condone his actions, but he is far from the only person who is not taking this virus seriously enough. I hope it doesn't cause him to take more of the blame than is appropriate. This virus was going to hit the NBA, was going to infect players, sooner or later. It just happened to be Gobert. His lax behavior was part of the reason for it, but in a few days it would be somebody else. Some other player is going to announce that they're infected who was nowhere near Gobert.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:26 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:18 am
I know this goes without saying, but I sincerely hope that every one of you and your family manage to stay healthy. Statistically some of us are likely to get the darn thing before all is said and done. Or at the very least, some of our loved ones will get it. I hope for the best and hope that everybody will be okay.
Estimates are up to 150 million infected in the US alone. That means that, with a 2-3% mortality rate, 3-4.5M dead.
Depends on if the medical system collapses. A South Korea or China ex-Wuhan scenario's about a 0.3 to 1% mortality rate -- the medical system has to hold for that to materialize. A Wuhan or Milan scenario's about a 5% mortality rate -- the medical system will have been overwhelmed and otherwise treatable cases will lead to death. I suspect that it will vary widely across various regions of the US. Worried.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:45 am
Funniest thing I've read during a dark, dark day.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

If/when the season comes back, it will be interesting to see if guys who had season-ending injuries, or weren't expected to play till next season, are able to come back at some point.

Maybe Oubre gets a few games under his belt. Maybe Klay Thompson is able to play a few games. What if the Nets are able to come back for a playoff run with KD?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:45 am
lolololololol
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:39 am
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
How does one isolate themself? Like if I caught it would I have to shut myself in the bedroom and have someone pass food & drink to me? Or do I go to the hospital for 2 weeks?
Like the others have said, please stay home unless you have having breathing problems or a high fever that can't be managed with alternating acetaminophen and ibuprofen every 3 hours.
Our vet said she got the question a lot. It is a no. Although dogs/cats can be carriers, it doesn't harm them.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:41 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:39 am
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Our vet said she got the question a lot. It is a no. Although dogs/cats can be carriers, it doesn't harm them.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Does that mean they can't be carriers?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:09 am
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I know this goes without saying, but I sincerely hope that every one of you and your family manage to stay healthy. Statistically some of us are likely to get the darn thing before all is said and done. Or at the very least, some of our loved ones will get it. I hope for the best and hope that everybody will be okay.
Estimates are up to 150 million infected in the US alone. That means that, with a 2-3% mortality rate, 3-4.5M dead.
Depends on if the medical system collapses. A South Korea or China ex-Wuhan scenario's about a 0.3 to 1% mortality rate -- the medical system has to hold for that to materialize. A Wuhan or Milan scenario's about a 5% mortality rate -- the medical system will have been overwhelmed and otherwise treatable cases will lead to death. I suspect that it will vary widely across various regions of the US. Worried.
Im reading that there are about a dozen dead so far.

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:05 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
As of yesterday's totals CDC has over 1200 confirmed cases and 36 deaths. But for some reason they are excluding numbers from people that didn't seem to contract the virus while in the US, even if they were tested while in the US.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I should add that we have only administered 6000 tests across the US. For comparison, UK has already tested 30k and they have only 20% of the US population.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:11 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:05 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
As of yesterday's totals CDC has over 1200 confirmed cases and 36 deaths. But for some reason they are excluding numbers from people that didn't seem to contract the virus while in the US, even if they were tested while in the US.
Source?