NBA Season Suspended due to COVID-19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: NBA Season Suspended due to COVID-19

Post by Mori Chu »

I would bet $10 that the 2019-20 NBA season will never play another game, regular season nor playoffs.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 am
I would bet $10 that the 2019-20 NBA season will never play another game, regular season nor playoffs.
I wouldn't be surprised either.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I wonder how this all affects the arena remodel plan. Might we see some games at the Madhouse on McDowell?
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:23 am
I wonder how this all affects the arena remodel plan. Might we see some games at the Madhouse on McDowell?
If the season (or at least regular season) is canceled soon, it could actually allow an early start on the renovation perhaps (unless construction is banned next).
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
I am curious what stipulations are in the CBA or maybe individual player contracts about services provided by the team. I can't imagine the facility at MoM would allow anything close to what the worst NBA arena provides now.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:18 pm
Superbone wrote:
I am curious what stipulations are in the CBA or maybe individual player contracts about services provided by the team. I can't imagine the facility at MoM would allow anything close to what the worst NBA arena provides now.
I would say that TSRA is probably close to or is the worst NBA arena right now, and MoM is nowhere remotely close to as nice as TSRA is. On a positive note, it would look less empty with current attendance. :D
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:02 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I would say that TSRA is probably close to or is the worst NBA arena right now, and MoM is nowhere remotely close to as nice as TSRA is. On a positive note, it would look less empty with current attendance. :D
And wouldn't it look cool if debris is raining down while fans are stomping their feet?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:30 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:02 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
And wouldn't it look cool if debris is raining down while fans are stomping their feet?
I think that's part of the charm...and a requirement for home court advantage.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

They can't win at Talking Stick, might as well give the Coliseum a shot!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

pickle

Post by pickle »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 am
I think the league is going to try very very hard to finish off this season and crown a champion. I'd actually prefer to see that and then push next season to a later start, Christmas as many have suggested.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I was at the public scrimmage they had at MoM a few years ago. It was fun to go back and see the place again and see a Suns game there, but man oh man was it not ready to host an NBA scrimmage, much less a game.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Very sad. KAT's mother is in a medically induced coma from the Coronavirus

https://www.oregonlive.com/nba/2020/03/ ... virus.html
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Windhorst: NBA 'Angling' to Cancel 2019-20 Season After China's CBA Shutdown

"The talks between the players union and the league this week, I've talked to both sides of this issue, and it is clear that the NBA is angling to set up a deal that enables them to shut the season down.

"Now they don't have to do that yet, and the way they're negotiating they're leaving themselves an option either way, but they're not having talks about how to restart the league, they're having financial talks about what would happen if the season shuts down, and I think there is a significant amount of pessimism right now."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Even when normal business resumes, I suspect it will be a gradual return to normalcy, and gatherings of 20,000 people will continue to remain banned even after other social distancing rules start to be relaxed.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sucks to be a musician right now. The new trend now is solo live feeds from home broadcast over the web. A local bar I play at sometimes has started hosting live feeds of musicians on their Facebook page and were asking for participation. Free of course. I went to the site and some lame drunk guy was on who played one song in about 20 minutes and then just talked and drank wine. Fail

I may give it a try for fun out of boredom.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I’ve been streaming DJ sets on Facebook from my house. I usually get shut down by FB because I’m just playing all popular music a DJ would play and blah blah copyrights blah blah. I feel like a lot of other “famous” dj’s do the same thing on there and can go for hours interrupted. Any idea why that is? I’m familiar with copyright laws. Hell I’ve even paid for most of what I’m playing and also I’m not getting paid or anything for doing. It. Just seems frustrating that they police this shit especially during this time.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:59 pm
I’ve been streaming DJ sets on Facebook from my house. I usually get shut down by FB because I’m just playing all popular music a DJ would play and blah blah copyrights blah blah. I feel like a lot of other “famous” dj’s do the same thing on there and can go for hours interrupted. Any idea why that is? I’m familiar with copyright laws. Hell I’ve even paid for most of what I’m playing and also I’m not getting paid or anything for doing. It. Just seems frustrating that they police this shit especially during this time.
You’re allowed to play music you purchased for yourself. You’re not allowed to broadcast it to others.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Those laws get tricky. They can get pissy over that stuff. Even live performance of songs. They don’t usually bother local live musicians but, I hear about them going after schools all the time. A HS Marching band will play an arrangement and they are supposed to pay for the rights to perform it live and they get busted all the time.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Seems like they’d relax on some of that during this pandemic. Guess not. People like myself are doing it to offer those a little bit of normalcy on a Friday and Saturday night since no one can go see a live show anywhere right now. I got a message from FB last night saying my stream is blocked in Canada. Really? I’m a dude streaming to all of probably 30 people on a private steam limited to just FB friends. None of which live in Canada anyway. Just irritating the harassment about it. Fuck off Zuckerburg
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."