Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:56 am
I got my stimulus direct deposited today.
hope it helps dack

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Trump halts US funding to WHO, says none of this is his fault

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... his-fault/
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:52 am
Trump is now halting all support to the WHO.
Yes, he’s using them as a scapegoat and as a cover for his own inadequacies in handling the pandemic.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:56 am
I got my stimulus direct deposited today.
My oldest son got his stimulus money too. Unfortunately, my younger son who needs it most (his job start got pushed back indefinitely) isn't eligible as he was a dependent on my 2019 taxes.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Good news! Trump says the US peak is passed and everything will be back to normal soon! Thank God.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:29 pm
Good news! Trump says the US peak is passed and everything will be back to normal soon! Thank God.
Sarcasm, I’m guessing?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What’s wrong with the people in Michigan? They have one of the highest per capita Covid-19 death rates and yet they’re yelling in the streets that they want to go back to work and railing against their governor.
"Be Legendary."

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:29 pm
What’s wrong with the people in Michigan? They have one of the highest per capita Covid-19 death rates and yet they’re yelling in the streets that they want to go back to work and railing against their governor.
Sadly, it's another way to weed out the idiots of society, of which there are way too many these days.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
As someone who lives in Michigan, it was pretty exaggerated in the coverage. There were like 200-300 people protesting in a state of 10 million. And despite having a strong anti-trump populace in Detroit and Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids, there are tons of rural areas with lots of Trump supporters.

Lansing is the capital, but it is a standard mid-western small city, not like Detroit or Indy or Cleveland. The city it self has about the same population as ASU, and the entire metro area has less people than Mesa.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:24 am
Superbone wrote:
As someone who lives in Michigan, it was pretty exaggerated in the coverage. There were like 200-300 people protesting in a state of 10 million. And despite having a strong anti-trump populace in Detroit and Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids, there are tons of rural areas with lots of Trump supporters.

Lansing is the capital, but it is a standard mid-western small city, not like Detroit or Indy or Cleveland. The city it self has about the same population as ASU, and the entire metro area has less people than Mesa.
OK, thanks for the perspective. Is Michigan generally regarded as a red state or a blue state?
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:26 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sarcasm, I’m guessing?
Total sarcasm. If you didn't know, I LOATHE Donny T.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:55 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:26 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sarcasm, I’m guessing?
Total sarcasm. If you didn't know, I LOATHE Donny T.
Just making sure. I’m right there with you, buddy!
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Indy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:24 am
Superbone wrote:

Part of the reason Trump might still win is this constant huge overreaction from the left. How many times have I heard people gonna vote for him just because it pisses them off? It's not deep reasoning but considering just how awful the howling left is, this single issue is reason enough for many.

Another reason - and I think I heard it diagnosed on Joe Rogan - is that the masses are okay with people being rich (Trump), it's people who are smarter than them (the liberal "elite") they resent. The irony of consciously voting against your own self interest considering what the GOP stands for is staggering but here we are.

And a general comment - Fox news over the last few days as Trump goes awol blaming everyone else is bizarro world. Nothing wrong with differences of opinion but Fox vs MSM right now is straight up, certifiable national schizophrenia .. and reminds me why, probably, the previous point about voting against one's own self interest is so prevalent.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Today the President is on Twitter inciting protests and disobedience in states with quarantines and lockdowns. This is dangerous to the citizens, to law enforcement, and the rule of law.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The President released his "open up America again" guidelines for reopening the economy. It seems mostly reasonable and leaves a lot of the decision-making to the states.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/1 ... omy-191073

The seemingly reasonable plan and guidelines don't totally make sense when paired with the President's tweets telling citizens to rise up to "liberate" states with quarantine lockdowns. But, oh well, I guess?

Cap

Post by Cap »

What Do Countries With The Best Coronavirus Responses Have In Common? Women Leaders

https://www.forbes.com/sites/avivahwitt ... n-leaders/

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:47 am
Today the President is on Twitter inciting protests and disobedience in states with quarantines and lockdowns. This is dangerous to the citizens, to law enforcement, and the rule of law.

States with Dem Govs right?

Imagine if he loses the election.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:13 pm

I think he'll absolutely try to contest the result if he loses; he'll take it to the Supreme Court. If they refuse to tyranically install him as dictator, he'll tell his supporters to revolt and take to the streets, armed.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:10 pm
ShelC wrote:

I think he'll absolutely try to contest the result if he loses; he'll take it to the Supreme Court. If they refuse to tyranically install him as dictator, he'll tell his supporters to revolt and take to the streets, armed.
Absolutely. That's part of his whole "LIBERATE ____" nonsense today. It's a test run for when he loses a swing state in November.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:10 pm
ShelC wrote:

Last time he won the election and still claimed the popular vote was rigged. Is there any doubt he’ll make the claim if he loses?

I don’t think the SC, even one packed by Trump, will be sympathetic to the “millions of illegals voted for the Democrat” conspiracy theory, but it will still destroy what’s left of the political system when the Republicans adopt that line.