Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
ShelC

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ShelC »

It's all Nazi propaganda tactics mixed with Russian misinformation/disinformation. "Fake news"? Used to be called Lügenpresse (lying press or press of lies) in Germany.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Better get your prescription filled:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I hope he starts drinking bleach too.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm amazed he is taking hydroxychloroquine. It's dangerous for people with heart problems! What if it killed him? I kind of wonder if he is actually even taking it, given his propensity to lie all the time. Maybe he just says he's taking it but isn't really doing so. Who knows with him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

So I figure he's either lying about it (maybe to deflect from other things like the IG firing); pushing an old take to prove he's not wrong about the drug; might actually have Corona and isn't admitting it (would that even be possible); or, has some business interest/stock ownership in a drug company manufacturing it.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Fox News in trouble for not being pro-Trump enough:

Cavuto’s sin was contradicting His Orangeness on hydroxychloroquine.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

If you're not for him, you're against him. If you don't agree with everything he says and does, you are a traitor.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He'll start pumping OAN soon.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

His family just bought a large stake in OAN.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The plot thickens...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

More like, the toilet is clogged.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I really thought you were joking.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This was always his plan in the first place.

Winning the election was an unanticipated benefit to his ultimate goal of creating a media network that continues to brainwash and scam a segment of the country.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I wonder if this is a smart move for Trump. He hasn’t acquired OAN yet and has been attacking FOX News a lot more. FOX News is super important to Trump and if he forces them to turn on him before the election and before he acquires OAN he would be forced to use Twitter as his only pulpit. That can’t help him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Doubt Fox actually turns on Trump. They're right wing and he's a means to their end. Unless they get him out and decide to just use the next 4 years attacking Biden. Maybe there are more ratings and advertising dollars being on the losing side and pushing for a Biden impeachment as soon as he's in office. But that would also assume Trump loses and ya know, leaves office.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The OAN thing is mostly for leverage at this point, I think. "Cover me well and fall in line, Fox, or I'll go to these OAN quacks instead of you."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I would like to see them call his bluff.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If Trump loses the election and actually leaves office, I am pretty sold that he would purchase OAN and start his own network that competes with FOX. I could see FOX as the RINO (Moderate) station and Trump TV controlling the evangelical rural non college educated white crowd.

I was going to post in the other thread talking about how accurate the Covid-19 stats were. I decided to do a little web research and came to the conclusion that there is a ton of web sites saying the opposite of each other. You think the numbers are low? I can find you plenty of web sites that will say the numbers are being intentionally kept low. You think the numbers are high? I can find you plenty of web sites that will say the numbers have been inflated and are lower than reported. Everybody posting comments is labeled a Russian, Chinese or a paid troll. Some are I’m sure. The sheer amount of information/disinformation out there is unbelievable. I think the main goal is to get people to not trust anything.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Nodack wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:43 pm
I think the main goal is to get people to not trust anything.
That is exactly the point.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... th/591925/