Impeachment

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Impeachment

Post by Mori Chu »

Our federal government was not designed to survive what we are currently facing: a US President who has no regard for the rule of law and no concern for the well-being of half (or all) of the country's citizens; a political party comprising almost half the country that is willing to supplicate itself to said President; and a collection of partisan, unqualified justices and judges installed by that President who are willing to intentionally misinterpret the law to suit his whims.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:19 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:46 am
I don’t think they ever thought a US President could possibly be this corrupt.
Not sure about that since I think they were created as a result of Nixon. And I mean after Teapot Dome, a cabinet member went to prison for accepting bribes.
Nixon was a Boy Scout compared to the shit Trump is pulling off.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:19 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:46 am
I don’t think they ever thought a US President could possibly be this corrupt.
Not sure about that since I think they were created as a result of Nixon. And I mean after Teapot Dome, a cabinet member went to prison for accepting bribes.
Nixon was a Boy Scout compared to the shit Trump is pulling off.
Nixon is rolling in his grave.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nixon, nor the government, was this corrupted by greed. Power? Sure. But this is all about wealth.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Remember that Nixon literally said: "when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal."

Couple this with CU and that is how we got here.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Haven't been sure where to put these and I don't follow a ton of political things on twitter (have muted a bunch of words actually) but she shows up on my TL from RTs and I always get a kick because she nails the facial expressions while lip syncing. Check out her other videos if you like:

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:07 am
Haven't been sure where to put these and I don't follow a ton of political things on twitter (have muted a bunch of words actually) but she shows up on my TL from RTs and I always get a kick because she nails the facial expressions while lip syncing. Check out her other videos if you like:

There is something about seeing someone's words this way that puts it in a different context.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Exactly. As ridiculous as he normally sounds, it really puts the emphasis on the word salad/jumbling and complete nonsense that comes out unless he's reading off a teleprompter or prepared statement.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yet another Cooper! ;) Yes, I've been seeing these too. She's great. This one is so funny because Trump is obviously acting like a 2nd grader who got caught being asked about something he knows nothing about. Some great, classic deflections in there. "I don't want to get into it. It's too personal." and "I'd say I like them equally." Idiot.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Reminds me of the movie, Mr. Mom. "220/221 Volts. Whatever it takes."
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

His whole faux-Christian act is repulsive, and I'm not even particularly religious. He can't even lie well about something so easy to lie about to people who are begging to appease him. He's too stupid to just say that he likes John 3:16, the most commonly referenced verse in the Bible. I'd bet if there were a book of Donald, he'd think it was written about him.

I wish we had a metric to show how incredibly dumb someone would need to be to believe Trump actually knows anything about any religion.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

John Bolton’s book is about to come out. Trump and Barr are trying to stop it. An advance copy has been sent to the press so, it doesn’t really matter. I am not a fan of Bolton in any way. His book is filled with some bombshells but, this is Trump. Nobody on the R cares what he does. Bolton had the nerve for going after the House for not trying to impeach Trump on more charges than they did.

You could have done the right thing and testified. You chose to instead refused the subpoena so you could wait and sell more books. His testimony wouldn’t have made any difference anyway to the Senate.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea it's sad that Trump's gotten away with everything. He's a legit threat to our democracy and other dictators like Xi are just playing him to hurt the US. This goes beyond normal politics but the Rs would rather stay in power. At this point, I doubt anything Bolton puts out will change a Trump voter's mind on him. Some GOP groups are coming out against Trump but his base is his base. You either acknowledge what he and Barr and McConnell are doing or you just don't care and are voting for him and the R's regardless. I still don't think he leaves office if he loses. He'll do everything he can to cheat to win or challenge the results. We'll see if America is strong enough to withstand this come November.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

John Bolton is a piece of shit.

Maybe the things he's written about Trump are true, maybe they're not. It doesn't matter because John Bolton is a piece of shit.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That Bolton anecdote about Chinese President Xi is pretty stunning. Xi told Trump that he was working to build concentration camps for 1 million Uigur Muslims in China. Trump reportedly said that was exactly the right thing to do and encouraged Xi. Oof. Horrible.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:35 am
That Bolton anecdote about Chinese President Xi is pretty stunning. Xi told Trump that he was working to build concentration camps for 1 million Uigur Muslims in China. Trump reportedly said that was exactly the right thing to do and encouraged Xi. Oof. Horrible.
He's a horrible human being if you haven't figured it out already.
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Blumenthal sounds like Barr is dead man walking ...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I mean, only if the rule of law applies to him, which I'm not sure that it does.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump commutes the prison sentence of Roger Stone, convicted for lying to Congress and investigators and for threatening and tampering with witnesses to federal investigations. Great. The rule of law has no meaning in this country. This is one of the most corrupt acts by any US President in history.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:11 pm
Trump commutes the prison sentence of Roger Stone, convicted for lying to Congress and investigators and for threatening and tampering with witnesses to federal investigations. Great. The rule of law has no meaning in this country. This is one of the most corrupt acts by any US President in history.
It really is. He commuted a sentence for a guy that was convicted by a jury of obstructing justice and lying to federal investigators ABOUT the president.