The Check-In Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: The Check-In Thread

Post by Nodack »

I worry more about you in Hong Kong.

Indy

Post by Indy »

virtual9mm wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:47 pm
I am glad that everyone is doing all right for the most part. Carey, thanks for putting it together.

I'm still out in Hong Kong and COVID is functionally extinct here -- but we have our own problems to worry about. But this should be the kind of thing that should be ok if we keep our heads down. I am worried about my parents in Phoenix, though. They've started going to church (masked, thankfully) and eating out at restaurants.
We still have plenty of friends in the Valley, and so many of them are "hey everything opened up, so it must be safe! Let's go do an escape room!" Ugh.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:19 pm
I worry more about you in Hong Kong.
ditto

carey

Post by carey »

Hi, all. I'm doing o.k. It's been stressful financially. I'm also adjusting to a new custody arrangement with my kids. It's been a bit of a change. I'm hanging in there. Thank you for the concern. I'm glad everyone is o.k. Very happy to hear that In2's nice is alright. That could have been awful.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I was just reading through one of the initial Covid threads over the weekend and saw my dude Sauce and I think I'm forgetting someone my apologies dealing with patients
Hope they're doing alright
I'm seeing most the regulars when I reading through so glad you guys seem ok. Know I'm the Caribbean dude and here in Barbados the deaths haven't been anything crazy but our island like many is Tourism reliant so that's the major issue. I'm one of those tied to the hotel industry as I'm a night auditor and it just doesn't seem like travel and hotel occupancy is going to be good anytime soon. Try not to be too doom n gloom but yea that's the awful truth. My family household n extended fam are all fine as it's nothing crazy like u guys although my cable provider feeds come from Miami n NY so I would never really get reports about Phx.
Anyways sorry to ramble :oops:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

It feels like this thing lacks some sort of "Like" button more than ever. Great idea this thread, and happy to see you guys doing at least fine. Here in Mexico, everything is upside down, we got greenlighted to go out just when we are registering daily records for deaths and positives. Informal economy pushes many people to stay out, working just to get by the day, but contradictions among the autorities also plays a big part in a large amount of people playing it like there is no virus at all. And it feels like we are on board of that little boat from the "Perfect Storm" movie.

"No symptoms, no disease", is a highly spread logic around here.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:29 am
Hi, all. I'm doing o.k. It's been stressful financially. I'm also adjusting to a new custody arrangement with my kids. It's been a bit of a change. I'm hanging in there. Thank you for the concern. I'm glad everyone is o.k. Very happy to hear that In2's nice is alright. That could have been awful.
Thanks Carey. I hope everything goes well with the transition in the custody arrangement.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:53 am
I was just reading through one of the initial Covid threads over the weekend and saw my dude Sauce and I think I'm forgetting someone my apologies dealing with patients
I'm seeing most the regulars when I reading through so glad you guys seem ok. Know I'm the Caribbean dude and here in Barbados the deaths haven't been anything crazy but our island like many is Tourism reliant so that's the major issue. I'm one of those tied to the hotel industry as I'm a night auditor and it just doesn't seem like travel and hotel occupancy is going to be good anytime soon. Try not to be too doom n gloom but yea that's the awful truth. My family household n extended fam are all fine as it's nothing crazy like u guys although my cable provider feeds come from Miami n NY so I would never really get reports about Phx.
I visited Barbados 4 years ago, what a beautiful country. My wife and I take an annual trip to the Caribbean and were going to Antigua this year, which obviously didn't happen. We usually go to a Sandals resort, and they are requiring masks, no leaving the resort for excursions, etc., so we're playing it safe. A little bummed out, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I can't even imagine how countries like Barbados, Antigua, etc. are suffering due to the lack of tourism. It was our annual break from reality in April (she's a third grade teacher so we go on her spring break), but 2020 has thrown the entire world upside down. Stay safe.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:29 am
Sorry to hear it buddy. Hope everything will be okay. Check your PMs!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thanks man doing well trying my best to stay COVID free! Glad to see all are doing relatively OK

jonh

Post by jonh »

It was therapeutic reading through and catching up on how everyone is doing. We have been doing fine--my wife has frequently mentioned how much more time we get together with sports on hiatus. Excited for basketball to start back up next month.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

jonh wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:54 pm
It was therapeutic reading through and catching up on how everyone is doing. We have been doing fine--my wife has frequently mentioned how much more time we get together with sports on hiatus. Excited for basketball to start back up next month.
I don’t know if you did that intentionally, but those last two sentences back to back are just slaying me.
Last edited by Shabazz on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:53 pm
jonh wrote:
I don’t know is you did that intentionally, but those last two sentences back to back are just slaying me.
I have to admit, I chuckled. Especially with Gene Hackman saying it.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:56 pm
Shabazz wrote:
jonh wrote:
I don’t know is you did that intentionally, but those last two sentences back to back are just slaying me.
Funniest thing on this site in weeks.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The Gardino's haven't been too badly affected by any of the national/global craziness this year. I'm lucky enough to work in a field where we can all work from home. The lack of extra curricular activities has been really nice for the fam as a whole. Wifey has a compromised immune system, and my mother in law, who lives with us, is almost 80. So we have been very selective in what we go out for. I absolutely love it. Video games and camping in the yard with my kids is 90% of what I need to be happy.

On other fronts it's been rough lately.

My oldest son's ADHD meds just weren't working, and we finally convinced ourselves and the doctor to do an autism evaluation. We don't have the results (which is stressing out Wifey), but based on the questions in the eval, we know. He's smart and friendly, but there isn't going to be a pill that magically helps him deal with life's constant changes.

Wifey's situation may also be worse than we thought. Her doctor thinks she has me/cfs which can last years and often keeps people stuck in bed. We are working to get insurance to pay for the testing needed to confirm or deny that diagnosis.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 am
The Gardino's haven't been too badly affected by any of the national/global craziness this year. I'm lucky enough to work in a field where we can all work from home. The lack of extra curricular activities has been really nice for the fam as a whole. Wifey has a compromised immune system, and my mother in law, who lives with us, is almost 80. So we have been very selective in what we go out for. I absolutely love it. Video games and camping in the yard with my kids is 90% of what I need to be happy.

On other fronts it's been rough lately.

My oldest son's ADHD meds just weren't working, and we finally convinced ourselves and the doctor to do an autism evaluation. We don't have the results (which is stressing out Wifey), but based on the questions in the eval, we know. He's smart and friendly, but there isn't going to be a pill that magically helps him deal with life's constant changes.

Wifey's situation may also be worse than we thought. Her doctor thinks she has me/cfs which can last years and often keeps people stuck in bed. We are working to get insurance to pay for the testing needed to confirm or deny that diagnosis.
Thanks for sharing. My brother has a son on the autism spectrum, and it brings various challenges for them. For example, he just loathes "new" things, unfamiliar situations; loves routine and repetition. Makes it hard for them to take him on travels, or when he goes to a new grade/room in school or day care. Hope you guys are coping okay.

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:39 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:56 pm
Shabazz wrote:
jonh wrote:
Funniest thing on this site in weeks.
agreed :lol:

Indy

Post by Indy »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:53 pm
It feels like this thing lacks some sort of "Like" button more than ever. Great idea this thread, and happy to see you guys doing at least fine. Here in Mexico, everything is upside down, we got greenlighted to go out just when we are registering daily records for deaths and positives. Informal economy pushes many people to stay out, working just to get by the day, but contradictions among the autorities also plays a big part in a large amount of people playing it like there is no virus at all. And it feels like we are on board of that little boat from the "Perfect Storm" movie.

"No symptoms, no disease", is a highly spread logic around here.
Sounds a lot like Arizona.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:49 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Thanks man doing well trying my best to stay COVID free! Glad to see all are doing relatively OK
Yea we know u there amidst all the craziness tapping into your inner Tsunami Papi n being too kool for skool :lol:
Probably keeping everyone energy up 8-)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

BigLewy wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:57 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
I
I visited Barbados 4 years ago, what a beautiful country. My wife and I take an annual trip to the Caribbean and were going to Antigua this year, which obviously didn't happen. We usually go to a Sandals resort, and they are requiring masks, no leaving the resort for excursions, etc., so we're playing it safe. A little bummed out, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I can't even imagine how countries like Barbados, Antigua, etc. are suffering due to the lack of tourism. It was our annual break from reality in April (she's a third grade teacher so we go on her spring break), but 2020 has thrown the entire world upside down. Stay safe.
Oh man, I would have said a little bit about myself years ago and some of the guys had said I'm lucky to live here but don't think anyone had been. Really cool to hear that man, yes I'm at Bougainvillea which is also on the south coast only a few mins away from the original Sandals u would have visited in Dover but around the corner from the new one.
Yea the economy is taking a big hit but to be continued and hopefully one of these spring breaks you guys r back again :)