Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by O_Gardino »

I probably like Lecque too much. My brain says he's still a long shot to even make it in the league. My heart says he could really be a player for us 2 years from now coming off the bench behind Booker and Haliburton.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I really down on Haliburton lately. Did you know he only finished with his left hand on 2 shots all season? And both were tip ins. You never see guys that are so predominately one handed, but he seems to not have a left hand at all. I thought Killian was really heavy left handed, but Haliburton takes it to another level.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s more of a secondary ball handler anyways, so his lack of a left hand isn’t too worrisome to me. Oubre also has no left hand. Manu spent his whole career not being able to go right. He also has time to learn.

I think Haliburton just projects as a really high level role player. If you’re expecting stardom from him, I think you’ll be disappointed.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:24 am
He’s more of a secondary ball handler anyways, so his lack of a left hand isn’t too worrisome to me. Oubre also has no left hand. Manu spent his whole career not being able to go right. He also has time to learn.

I think Haliburton just projects as a really high level role player. If you’re expecting stardom from him, I think you’ll be disappointed.
This draft in particular is full of high level role players. I just think there are better options for a PG.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:08 am
Split T wrote:

This draft in particular is full of high level role players. I just think there are better options for a PG.
At #10? Who do you like better?

Kira Lewis and Grant Riller, if I remember correctly. Anyone else?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:

I don't think Haliburton is going to be available at 10, I expect him to be picked up before that. I was speaking more in the top 6, which is where I think Haliburton will be picked. At 10, I might change my mind. I do like Riller a lot though.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:

You could definitely be right. I like Haliburton because he’s just a good basketball player. He’s versatile as he’s got size, he can shoot, and he’s smart with the ball. I think he fits really well in a 3 guard rotation. I think I’d still like to have more of a pg in the rotation still, but he wouldn’t have to be a top line guy. I’d play him similar to how OKC plays SGA or Lonzo in New Orleans.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:51 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:

I don't think Haliburton is going to be available at 10, I expect him to be picked up before that. I was speaking more in the top 6, which is where I think Haliburton will be picked. At 10, I might change my mind. I do like Riller a lot though.
Most of us talking about Haliburton are hopeful that he could drop to 10.

That would be a drop for sure, but a possible one depending on how the lottery shakes out. Edwards, Ball, Wiseman, and Toppin seem like a lock for the top 4 to me (in any order). Hayes, Avdija, and Okongwu could easily jump ahead of him.

It just depends on who drafts where. If the Warriors or Mavs drop to 5, they might take him. Maybe the Spurs or Blazers if they jump to #4? As much as I like him, it's hard to make the argument that any one team would take him in the top 6.