Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Post by specialsauce »

He has a month to get ready. More!!

A bunch of Kelly apologists.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'll be honest, I could see the Suns trading him this summer.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:33 pm
Good riddance

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

You'll miss him when he's gone!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:48 pm
In2ition wrote:
Good riddance
Not a fan of the head bob?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:44 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:48 pm
In2ition wrote:
Good riddance
Not a fan of the head bob?
Sit down, grab a beer, this rant could take a while...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:39 pm
If he hasn't had time to properly rehab with the trainers, it's legit. Can't just jump right back to playing full speed off an injury no matter how much time he's had post surgery. Plus he's heading to FA. I'm not surprised in the least.
I totally agree and it's what I was speculating a few weeks ago. I'm glad this has already been settled several weeks before going to Orlando. My initial fear was that Oubre and the organization would be at odds over his ability to play up until they start games, which would've soured their relationship and created tension among the rest of the team.

I'm glad the Suns are playing in Orlando. It's participation trophy kind of satisfaction, but it's still better than not going at all. That doesn't mean I think they'll play more than the "regular season" games, so risking the health of any player in this situation would be comically short-sighted.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm not exactly clear on the rules with roster additions. Would we look to add someone to the roster? I think you can carry 17 to Orlando but would Oubre count even if he's not playing? Would we take Lecque? A different vet like JCraw?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think you can carry 17, so your 15 active, plus both 2-ways. I think you can also replace any injured player, so we may get an 18th spot to replace Oubre. Do we even have 2 2-way guys? We’ve got Owens but I think we released Jared Harper?

Lecque is part of the 15-man roster, so he can come for sure. Crawford would make sense if he’s in shape. But a bigger wing would also be helpful. What is Troy Williams up to? He was on our summer league team once, he’s bounced around a bit and put up ok numbers, just hasn’t been able to stick. I kinda liked him though.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 pm
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:39 pm
If he hasn't had time to properly rehab with the trainers, it's legit. Can't just jump right back to playing full speed off an injury no matter how much time he's had post surgery. Plus he's heading to FA. I'm not surprised in the least.
I totally agree and it's what I was speculating a few weeks ago. I'm glad this has already been settled several weeks before going to Orlando. My initial fear was that Oubre and the organization would be at odds over his ability to play up until they start games, which would've soured their relationship and created tension among the rest of the team.

I'm glad the Suns are playing in Orlando. It's participation trophy kind of satisfaction, but it's still better than not going at all. That doesn't mean I think they'll play more than the "regular season" games, so risking the health of any player in this situation would be comically short-sighted.
Man, you guys have no vision. Suns get within 4 games after 8. They win the first play-in game. They win the second play-in game. They knock off the top-seeded Lakers in round one. They win a hard fought battle in the semis. Improbably, Dallas plays the Suns in the WCF. Suns win convincingly in 5 games. Suns vs Bucks in the Finals. Suns have had their number the last couple years and win in 6 and everybody talks about what a great series it was.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:14 pm
I think you can carry 17, so your 15 active, plus both 2-ways. I think you can also replace any injured player, so we may get an 18th spot to replace Oubre. Do we even have 2 2-way guys? We’ve got Owens but I think we released Jared Harper?

Lecque is part of the 15-man roster, so he can come for sure. Crawford would make sense if he’s in shape. But a bigger wing would also be helpful. What is Troy Williams up to? He was on our summer league team once, he’s bounced around a bit and put up ok numbers, just hasn’t been able to stick. I kinda liked him though.
AFAIK, players who've not been rostered in the 2019-20 season are ineligible to be added for the remainder of the season.

So we can forget about adding Crawford or Williams.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:05 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:14 pm

AFAIK, players who've not been rostered in the 2019-20 season are ineligible to be added for the remainder of the season.

So we can forget about adding Crawford or Williams.
They did originally report that, but now they are saying anyone who’s been rostered in the last 2 years is eligible. Here’s a good article that answers some questions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... world/amp/

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Looking forward to 'sauce's rant .. looking at alternatives (Harris, Love, Gallinari, Ibaka) none of them are guys I'd absolutely want instead of him at this point.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2307621 ... n-orlando/

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Interestingly, Aaron Gordon wasn't mentioned in that article.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:35 am
Interestingly, Aaron Gordon wasn't mentioned in that article.
Wow, I thought I hated the thought of Gordon and his max contract but it's not max at all, and it's front weighted with 2 years left at $18m and $16.5m.

And there's a view that Gordon needs a creator which we've got (his stats bear this out - his best season was Elfrid Payton's last season there when he dished 6.3ast in 29 minutes. Since then it's been Augustin, with 5.3ast in 28mins last year, and Fultz with 5.2asts in 28 mins this year. Fair to say neither of those two are creators).

Looking at assists, Gordon has 3.7 a game, Kelly only 1.5 and if there was a criticism of Kelly from me it's that he goes tunnel vision too much.

Forget Kelly, make that trade already.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

On that note, I wonder if it's in everyone's interest that Kelly doesn't play the rest of this season? He's our most obvious trade chip after all.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't mind Oubre sitting out. Players love to play, so if he feels like he can't go, I trust his judgment. We'll miss him, but we'll figure it out. We have a lot of other interchangeable forwards we can slot in.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I wonder if we start rolling, leap frog some teams and make the playoffs, would Kelly then look to return? Or is he shut down for the year officially?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Someone mentioned he was still planning to be in Orlando with the team. If that’s true he would still have to take one of the 17 roster spots and he could play if he wanted to.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:06 am
Someone mentioned he was still planning to be in Orlando with the team. If that’s true he would still have to take one of the 17 roster spots and he could play if he wanted to.
They are keeping him fresh for the Finals, of course!!!