Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by AmareIsGod »

Good boss. But an IDIOT. My wife knows her as well and told me, "wow. I lost a lot of respect for her" after I shared all of this with her. As she should. My manager clearly has a blatant disregard for the safety of her family and others by GOING TO VEGAS during a surge during a pandemic.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

My oldest son recently turned 21, and he was restricted by not only the pandemic, but by the 8 pm curfew. When he did make plans with his friends to celebrate, the place they were planning on going to at around 4 pm was closed downtown, even though it said it was open. Probably because of the protests. They ended up having 2 drinks at the BWWs near Metro before being told they missed last call at 7:35 pm. It was a bad time to turn 21. I laughed, but felt bad for him. At least him and his buddies aren't sick.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:01 am
My oldest son recently turned 21, and he was restricted by not only the pandemic, but by the 8 pm curfew. When he did make plans with his friends to celebrate, the place they were planning on going to at around 4 pm was closed downtown, even though it said it was open. Probably because of the protests. They ended up having 2 drinks at the BWWs near Metro before being told they missed last call at 7:35 pm. It was a bad time to turn 21. I laughed, but felt bad for him. At least him and his buddies aren't sick.
Yeah, that's rough. He'll just have to delay the real celebration a bit.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:08 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:01 am
Yeah, that's rough. He'll just have to delay the real celebration a bit.
Really sad

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:44 am
Good boss. But an IDIOT. My wife knows her as well and told me, "wow. I lost a lot of respect for her" after I shared all of this with her. As she should. My manager clearly has a blatant disregard for the safety of her family and others by GOING TO VEGAS during a surge during a pandemic.
Sounds like you have a mentally deficient boss

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Officials said Miami-Dade had a staggering positivity rate on Monday of 25.9%. That means one out of four tested are positive for the coronavirus
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/06/23/m ... lic-order/

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Feels like this kind of thing could've been avoided with a unified, national plan and slow roll re-opening that everyone took seriously. But nah:

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:37 pm
Feels like this kind of thing could've been avoided with a unified, national plan and slow roll re-opening that everyone took seriously. But nah:

yeah, leadership would be nice. whether it be federal or state. both were woefully lacking.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:06 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:37 pm

yeah, leadership would be nice. whether it be federal or state. both were woefully lacking.
When you don’t have mandates, you have idiots that run wild and ruin it for others.

Times of crisis that are a matter of public health are not times for tip-toeing. You need clear, consistent leadership. Ducey spends half his time in Trumps/his business partners asses, and is yet again way too late to the party.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, we have decent leadership here in California and yet after 3.5 months of personally hunkering down, things are worse than ever. This sucks!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I said it a couple of weeks ago, contact-tracing and testing is the only way to manage this situation.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

USA is really failing at its COVID response. The numbers are so stark and clear now, when you compare us to any other nation, we are literally the worst in the world at handling this problem. Embarrassing. It starts with our leadership at the top, but some blame goes to our governors and mayors as well. And a decent amount of blame goes to our citizens, millions of whom stubbornly refuse to behave in simple ways to help stop the spread of the virus. If people would just wear masks, it would make a huge difference. That's something anyone can do. But many people think it's beneath them or refuse to do it.

What was the most embarrassing time to be an American in recent memory? Is it now, or was it during the W Bush years?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:34 am
What was the most embarrassing time to be an American in recent memory? Is it now, or was it during the W Bush years?
Come on! It's not even close.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:41 am
Mori Chu wrote:
No kidding. We are by far the dumbest country on the planet right at this moment in time.

If this were a Basketball team. Our starters hate the bench. The bench hates the starters. Our coach only wants a new contract and doesn’t care about any of the players. The starters try to sabotage the bench and the bench tries to sabotage the starters. The starters think offense is all that matters and they refuse to play defense. The bench thinks defense is everything and can’t shoot. The team is so busy sabotaging itself that it never wins a game or even pretend to try.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:41 am
Mori Chu wrote:
No kidding. We are by far the dumbest country on the planet right at this moment in time.

If this were a Basketball team. Our starters hate the bench. The bench hates the starters. Our coach only wants a new contract and doesn’t care about any of the players. The starters try to sabotage the bench and the bench tries to sabotage the starters. The starters think offense is all that matters and they refuse to play defense. The bench thinks defense is everything and can’t shoot. The team is so busy sabotaging itself that it never wins a game or even pretend to try.
Our country has never been this bad in my lifetime and I prefer to think that it will never be this bad again.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If we can get through this, I think we can learn from it and never go back this far down this dark path. But if he gets re-elected, there's no telling what could happen to the country.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

But wait, there’s more...

New strain of flu found in China has potential to become a pandemic, scientists warn
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/new-str ... warns.html

Cap

Post by Cap »

Gotta love that very helpful legend.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerow ... -spot-map/

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:31 am

Gotta love that very helpful legend.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerow ... -spot-map/
Arizona is a great destination if you are looking for an extended vacation.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Most of the states and areas suffering now are "red" areas, politically. This would all have been very avoidable if the idea of wearing a mask and being safe had not been made politically partisan by our President and his cult.