Stay safe, folks...

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:50 am
I’m sure it will. It’s already feeling better. Thanks for the love. Been putting guitar on a bunch of Latin songs. Helps keep my chops up too.
If you want to share any of what you're working on, I'm sure many of us would love to hear it! Get well soon.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I would but, it’s work for hire from a publisher/producer and I don’t think they would like me sharing at this point. I might put up some of my stuff sometime. I am not good at posting files here. You have to link to something on the web and not just on my hard drive. Indy taught me to use tapatalk but, that app stopped working for me. I could post audio to Youtube without video I guess.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:58 am
I would but, it’s work for hire from a publisher/producer and I don’t think they would like me sharing at this point. I might put up some of my stuff sometime. I am not good at posting files here. You have to link to something on the web and not just on my hard drive. Indy taught me to use tapatalk but, that app stopped working for me. I could post audio to Youtube without video I guess.
Sure, probably the best way is to post it to YouTube and then give us the link to that. If you have questions, let me know! But no worries if you'd rather not. It's always fun to hear your work.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
you are not the only one. I still get notifications from tapatalk about new threads, but it won't let be view them at all.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 am
Nodack wrote:
you are not the only one. I still get notifications from tapatalk about new threads, but it won't let be view them at all.
I think I need to update our board's PHPBB software to restore compatibility with Tapatalk. But I'm scared to touch it because I don't want to risk breaking the site or losing data. I'll get to it one of these days.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:41 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 am
Nodack wrote:
I think I need to update our board's PHPBB software to restore compatibility with Tapatalk. But I'm scared to touch it because I don't want to risk breaking the site or losing data. I'll get to it one of these days.
that wasn't me bitching. i just wanted dack to know he wasn't alone (and that it was your fault, not his). :P

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

:D

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:50 am
I’m sure it will. It’s already feeling better. Thanks for the love. Been putting guitar on a bunch of Latin songs. Helps keep my chops up too.
Upload some new tunes for us! Been a while since the techno tracks :)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Here is an older song of mine I did at home many years ago. I did all the parts and mixed it myself a long time ago. The bass was too low in the mix so I tried to pump the lows for this video. Hopefully the bass drum doesn’t take out any speakers. This song was used in America’s Top Models tv show for a long time. I never did see the show so I have no idea if you could hear it or not. I was going to post the audio to youtube and thought how boring watching a blank screen so I decided to make a music video out of it in iMovie.

Enjoy

Edit: I had to pull the song, sorry. Long story but, I am the writer and not the publisher and need permission from the publisher. My best friend was one of the publishers. The Publishing company had a falling out with each other awhile ago and they settled. My friend got cash and started another publishing company but, the other guys own the publishing on this song and know I am good friends With the guy they hate. My friend the publisher asked my to pull the tune so I wouldn’t cause any problems for him. I know it’s only a few people seeing it but whatever.
Last edited by Nodack on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I don't know where else to post this, but I live in a suburb of Salt Lake City and the other day I saw someone driving next to me on the road near my house with a Phoenix Suns license plate frame on the bumper, and a Phoenix Suns novelty plate on the fender. It was amazing to see when this place is 100% Jazz fans all the time.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m here in Utah as well...wasn’t my suns license plate though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I drove through Utah on Friday skirting around SLC, and was wearing a Suns shirt and hat, haha.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:46 pm
Here is an older song of mine I did at home many years ago. I did all the parts and mixed it myself a long time ago. The bass was too low in the mix so I tried to pump the lows for this video. Hopefully the bass drum doesn’t take out any speakers. This song was used in America’s Top Models tv show for a long time. I never did see the show so I have no idea if you could here it or not. I was going to post the audio to youtube and thought how boring watching a blank screen so I decided to make a music video out of it in iMovie.

Enjoy

Edit: I had to pull the song, sorry. Long story but, I am the writer and not the publisher and need permission from the publisher. My best friend was one of the publishers. The Publishing company had a falling out with each other awhile ago and they settled. My friend got cash and started another publishing company but, the other guys own the publishing on this song and know I am good friends With the guy they hate. My friend the publisher asked my to pull the tune so I wouldn’t cause any problems for him. I know it’s only a few people seeing it but whatever.
Bummer you had to pull it. Can you send me a link on Dropbox or Google Drive or something? Can share via PM or FB if you're still on.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hey Virtual9mm started a Google Drive account for this. I feel silly that I had to do this. We probably would have been fine with the Youtube route if I hadn't told my friend the publisher about the video. It's not like any of those guys would have accidentally stumbled into this thread anyway. I hope this works. It's just a song.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That's awesome! Are you singing too? Great guitar!

Nice phx-suns.net reference!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thanks Super!

I wrote it, sang it, played all the parts except the drums which I got from a drum cd and mixed it too. I did the video on iMovie. The cool graphics came from the iTunes visualizer.

Did you see the phx-suns.net plug at 3:12?

I might take it down after a little while. I promised I wouldn’t post it and here I did anyway.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

That's cool, 'dack.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:57 am
Thanks Super!

I wrote it, sang it, played all the parts except the drums which I got from a drum cd and mixed it too. I did the video on iMovie. The cool graphics came from the iTunes visualizer.

Did you see the phx-suns.net plug at 3:12?

I might take it down after a little while. I promised I wouldn’t post it and here I did anyway.
Dude! I'm telling you, that would be a big hit if more people could see and hear it. I REALLY like it. I've watched it 3 times now.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

nice work Dack. I really enjoyed that

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Good work Dack.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass