I guess this is political...

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

I guess this is political...

Post by Superbone »

Although I don't think it should be as I'd hope everybody shared the desire to reduce senseless deaths without taking guns away.

Sharing my son's weekly youtube video for his company. Please like and subscribe if you feel so inclined.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Re: I guess this is political...

Post by Indy »

One of the best things anyone can do in America is get everyone to vote.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:38 pm
One of the best things anyone can do in America is get everyone to vote.
Absolutely! That’s about as American as it gets.
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Trump tax return decision day in the Supreme Court.. call me a conspiracist - although I don’t firmly believe this - but I feel like Gorsuch and Kavanaugh splitting decisions recently is a distraction in the bigger picture of today’s decision.

They were both installed under shady premises and it’s pay back time.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Won't happen.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Video unavailable
This video is private.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Both of Trumps Supreme Court picks voted against him twice already. Trump must be furious.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:39 am
Video unavailable
This video is private.
That's weird. Let me look into it...
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So SCOTUS decided in one case that the New York DA is allowed to see Trump's financial documents, and that Congress can continue to ask for it but must do so in a lower court. So that'll probably gum things up until after the election, which is probably all Trump needed in the first place.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea glad to see SC said no one is above the law despite what Trump thinks/wants. If anything the President should be held to a higher standard. But the documents won't be seen anytime soon either way.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Both Trump Supreme Court picks voted against Trump.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It's back up! Thanks Boner!

Edit: Bone. Wow.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump rages at Supreme Court over tax records case, claims ‘political prosecution’
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/trump-r ... ution.html

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. is conducting a probe into the Trump Organization’s efforts to mask hush money paid to two women who said they had sexual encounters with Trump. The D.A. wants to explore whether, as part of those maneuvers, Trump’s team falsified business records. Trump’s lawyers argued that prosecutors like Vance should have to meet a heightened standard when seeking any president’s personal papers. Chief Justice John Roberts, writing for the majority, disagreed, citing previous rulings involving former presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton.

Trump’s argument “runs up against the 200 years of precedent establishing that Presidents, and their official communications, are subject to judicial process,” Roberts, an institutionalist devoted to the power of legal precedent, wrote. He dismissed the idea that Vance’s subpoenas stigmatized Trump, undermined his leadership, or amounted to unnecessary “harassment” (or “PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!” as Trump has described it in tweets).

In short, Roberts wrote, adopting the language from an 1807 Supreme Court ruling involving Aaron Burr and President Thomas Jefferson, every president’s legal standing is in “nearly the same situation with any other individual.”

Bravo. This opinion will echo well beyond Trump’s presidency. It is a victory for the rule of the law at a time when it has been under withering attack, in words and actions, from the executive branch.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:02 pm
It's back up! Thanks Boner!

Edit: Bone. Wow.
I just happen to have the host living with me for the rest of the month. :)
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Never happier to be proven wrong (I said I’m confident USA will get it done but clearly I’m nervous :) )

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Love live Woj

Indy

Post by Indy »

he's great