NBA Draft 2020

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: NBA Draft 2020

Post by In2ition »

With the development(I admit this is premature and may not even happen when games count, but humor me) that there will be many jumbo lineups in the NBA next season in the Western conference, with the Lakers, Portland, Memphis, & Denver, do any of you think it might be something to think about when picking if Wiseman or Poku are available with the Suns pick?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:46 pm

With the development(I admit this is premature and may not even happen when games count, but humor me) that there will be many jumbo lineups in the NBA next season in the Western conference, with the Lakers, Portland, Memphis, & Denver, do any of you think it might be something to think about when picking if Wiseman or Poku are available with the Suns pick?
Sure, if we’re going to turn around and trade them to Chicago for Markkanen. I’m happy to pick anyone Chicago wants for them.

wpmiller42

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by wpmiller42 »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:22 pm
INF wrote:2020 Draft: Aaron Nesmith - Paul Reed - Reggie Perry - Leandro Bolmaro - Lamine Diane - Jalen Smith - Desmond Bane - Rayshaun Hammonds - Sam Merrill - Tre Jones - Tyler Bey
One of these days, the Suns are actually going to take one of your guys! It's not like you haven't left them lots of choices.
I hope this is the year and we end up with Paul Reed.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:57 pm
Superbone wrote:
INF wrote:2020 Draft: Aaron Nesmith - Paul Reed - Reggie Perry - Leandro Bolmaro - Lamine Diane - Jalen Smith - Desmond Bane - Rayshaun Hammonds - Sam Merrill - Tre Jones - Tyler Bey
One of these days, the Suns are actually going to take one of your guys! It's not like you haven't left them lots of choices.
At 10?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
I just feel that there are players that can fit the Suns better than Wiseman. I get he has a lot of appeal due to his athleticism and size, but I just feel Haliburton, Ball, and Hayes could all have a bigger impact on this team.

Poku is just too much of a gamble at 10. I feel there are too many players that have a higher probability to succeed ahead of him.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Since 2003, it has happened a few times (not very good results):

2018 - Elie Okobo
2014 - TJ Warren
2012 - Kendall Marshall
2011 - Markieff Morris
2009 - Earl Clark
2003 - Zarko Cabarkapa

Cap

Post by Cap »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Superbone wrote:

2018 - Elie Okobo
2014 - TJ Warren
2012 - Kendall Marshall
2011 - Markieff Morris
2009 - Earl Clark
2003 - Zarko Cabarkapa
Kieff was your guy? I’m never listening to you again.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:54 pm
I think the offseason could be something like the following:
Draft - Suns pick between: Riller, Anthony, Vassell, Toppin(if he falls)
I'm not understanding the appeal of Riller.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:10 pm
In2ition wrote:
I said something similar on Twitter and got roasted.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:57 pm
Superbone wrote:
Honestly, I think he's vastly underrated. I would take Reed at 10 if I had to, but of course I'd rather trade back in the draft to get him and pick up assets along the way. But I do think he's a top 10 player in this draft.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:

2018 - Elie Okobo
2014 - TJ Warren
2012 - Kendall Marshall
2011 - Markieff Morris
2009 - Earl Clark
2003 - Zarko Cabarkapa
:lol: Marshall and Clark were the bigger busts.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Cap wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:

2018 - Elie Okobo
2014 - TJ Warren
2012 - Kendall Marshall
2011 - Markieff Morris
2009 - Earl Clark
2003 - Zarko Cabarkapa
:lol:

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:04 pm
Cap wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:

2018 - Elie Okobo
2014 - TJ Warren
2012 - Kendall Marshall
2011 - Markieff Morris
2009 - Earl Clark
2003 - Zarko Cabarkapa
At least they had the virtue of not being picked over Kawhi. And not being fucking assholes.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:25 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:04 pm
Cap wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:

2018 - Elie Okobo
2014 - TJ Warren
2012 - Kendall Marshall
2011 - Markieff Morris
2009 - Earl Clark
2003 - Zarko Cabarkapa
At least they had the virtue of not being picked over Kawhi. And not being fucking assholes.
True. Clark was especially frustrating though with that adonis body and skills of grade schooler.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Riller is a good athlete and shooter that can create for himself and score at all 3 levels. Booker is freed up more with this type of player next to him. If the defense has to be aware of a shooter and scorer that can also drive to the basket, they can't load up on Booker all the time. His drives lead to help defense off of Devin, which frees him off ball.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:53 pm
In2ition wrote:
I just feel that there are players that can fit the Suns better than Wiseman. I get he has a lot of appeal due to his athleticism and size, but I just feel Haliburton, Ball, and Hayes could all have a bigger impact on this team.

Poku is just too much of a gamble at 10. I feel there are too many players that have a higher probability to succeed ahead of him.
You could be right. I like the development that the staff has done with Ayton and Saric tbh. I think they could do the same if not better with Wiseman or Poku over time. At which point, they become very high level players for the Suns or highly coveted by other teams. The length on the floor is appealing.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:40 am
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You could be right. I like the development that the staff has done with Ayton and Saric tbh. I think they could do the same if not better with Wiseman or Poku over time. At which point, they become very high level players for the Suns or highly coveted by other teams. The length on the floor is appealing.
Saric didn't need development though. The player he is here is the player he has been. He has always had a skillset that lends itself to playing next to a interior presence.

You can't say that about Wiseman.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:36 am
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Riller is a good athlete and shooter that can create for himself and score at all 3 levels. Booker is freed up more with this type of player next to him. If the defense has to be aware of a shooter and scorer that can also drive to the basket, they can't load up on Booker all the time. His drives lead to help defense off of Devin, which frees him off ball.
But he isn't a point guard. He is a scoring guard, and I don't see that meshing with 3 20 ppg scorers. Riller turns it over and is a limited passer. I think that is a bad fit with our Big 3 in the making.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:40 am
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Saric didn't need development though. The player he is here is the player he has been. He has always had a skillset that lends itself to playing next to a interior presence.

You can't say that about Wiseman.
When I talked about development, I meant skill and body. Saric didn't need work on skill, but apparently he's worked a bunch on his body this past couple months and looked a bit more spry and quick. With the new performance center opening up in early September, this should get even better...I hope.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:36 am
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:
But he isn't a point guard. He is a scoring guard, and I don't see that meshing with 3 20 ppg scorers. Riller turns it over and is a limited passer. I think that is a bad fit with our Big 3 in the making.
He was a PG, not much a distributor, but he improved at that every year and I think there is a decent possibility that he keeps improving in that aspect. I guess I don't see him as becoming a high level starting PG, but probably a really good backup immediately and probably a bit better than that down the line, depending on how he adapts to being a pro.