Around the League: Coronavirus Break

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Around the League: Coronavirus Break

Post by Nodack »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:44 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:03 pm
jonh wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:26 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:57 am
LOL, "picking up food at" the strip club, okay.
Maybe some type of seafood?
I was thinking Mexican. Maybe tacos?
Definitely beef. Probably skirt steak.
Fur burger and a side of thighs?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Isaac going bonkers in his return. How badly did we screw up that 2017 draft? Isaac would look phenomenal at the 4 for us.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Look out for this guy.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Look out for this guy.
Yeah, at least they hit on him when they whiffed on Zhaire Smith and the Suns trade. But...they could get something out of the Heat pick...who knows?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:42 am
The Bobster wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:57 am
14 Florida Marlins players and coaches have tested positive in the past two days, so it's glaringly obvious how important it is to keep the players isolated from the outside during the season.

I don;t see how the NFL and MLB can hope to have any control over how many players come down with the virus since some of them are going to show poor judgement. The NBA is already experiencing that even though they have their player in a "bubble" isolated from the public.
Some commissioners are making bad decisions. Look at how quickly Silver shut down games for the season (literally within hours of someone testing positive) and how strict his rules were for getting going again. I wonder how much money MLB and the NFL will lose because they haven't done something similar--especially considering they had 4 months to develop a plan. it is crazy.
What NFL did (or didn't do) is unbelievable. I think they really banked on COVID-19 just going away, instead of having to invest the resources into putting a plan together that at least made an attempt to keep players relatively safe. Now they are scrambling at the 11th hour. Sad.

Baseball I think has an advantage in that there is so little contact in the game, and the players are so spread out. Only base running actually involves players getting close. Catchers could wear masks, as could the infielders.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:24 pm
INFORMER wrote:

Look out for this guy.
Yeah, at least they hit on him when they whiffed on Zhaire Smith and the Suns trade. But...they could get something out of the Heat pick...who knows?
I wouldn't give up on Smith yet. Injury knocked him out for a good portion of his rookie year, and they really haven't tried to incorporate him into the rotation. One issue is that they keep trying to surround non-shooters with...non-shooters.

And then you have Al Horford's atrocious contract...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

A league owned and operated by a bunch of old billionaires is out of touch with reality? Who could've guessed?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:32 pm
A league owned and operated by a bunch of old billionaires is out of touch with reality? Who could've guessed?
What, which of the 3 main leagues in the US are not owned by a bunch of old billionaires?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:34 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:32 pm
What, which of the 3 main leagues in the US are not owned by a bunch of old billionaires?
Key emphasis there. Adam Silver has a clue and the NBA is run by the players more than any other league by a wide margin.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Look out for this guy.
Think they traded that heat pick already...maybe for Tobias? Then that probably got moved to the Thunder in the PG deal? Maybe not though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:31 pm
In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Look out for this guy.
I wouldn't give up on Smith yet. Injury knocked him out for a good portion of his rookie year, and they really haven't tried to incorporate him into the rotation. One issue is that they keep trying to surround non-shooters with...non-shooters.

It's been 2 seasons now. Maybe someday he shows up.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:48 pm
In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Look out for this guy.
Think they traded that heat pick already...maybe for Tobias? Then that probably got moved to the Thunder in the PG deal? Maybe not though.
Oh, you are probably right. I stopped following that pick after the Suns gave it up and it didn't look like it was going to be worth anything.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:48 am
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:

If he ever gets healthy...
Sixers guard Zhaire Smith will not travel to Disney World for the resumption of the NBA’s season, according to the team.

Smith has a bone bruise in his left knee. He was experiencing pain in the knee prior to the Sixers resuming workouts last week. He’s expected to make a full recovery.

A first-round pick in 2018, Smith missed most of his rookie season after suffering a Jones fracture in his foot and then dealing with a serious allergic reaction. He’s played in just 13 career NBA games, including seven this season. It seemed unlikely that he'd see meaningful minutes in the eight seeding games or playoffs.

Smith spent the bulk of the year playing in the G-League for the Delaware Blue Coats. The athletic 21-year-old showed signs of improvement. He averaged 13.5 points and hit 37.6 percent of his threes in 28 games with the Blue Coats.
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... sney-world

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:07 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:48 am
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:

If he ever gets healthy...
Sixers guard Zhaire Smith will not travel to Disney World for the resumption of the NBA’s season, according to the team.

Smith has a bone bruise in his left knee. He was experiencing pain in the knee prior to the Sixers resuming workouts last week. He’s expected to make a full recovery.

A first-round pick in 2018, Smith missed most of his rookie season after suffering a Jones fracture in his foot and then dealing with a serious allergic reaction. He’s played in just 13 career NBA games, including seven this season. It seemed unlikely that he'd see meaningful minutes in the eight seeding games or playoffs.

Smith spent the bulk of the year playing in the G-League for the Delaware Blue Coats. The athletic 21-year-old showed signs of improvement. He averaged 13.5 points and hit 37.6 percent of his threes in 28 games with the Blue Coats.
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... sney-world
Usually NBA players average above 20 pts per game while in the GLeague, from what I've seen.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

He may not be an NBA player. I think it's too soon to tell, but I could be wrong. I'm not worried about him not scoring 20 ppg; he shot 53% from the field.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Memphis is just obliterating Miami.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:39 pm
He may not be an NBA player. I think it's too soon to tell, but I could be wrong. I'm not worried about him not scoring 20 ppg; he shot 53% from the field.
Even the worst NBA players seem to light it up when they get to the GLeague.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:00 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sorry, it just doesn't bother me that much. If he stunk, I'd be concerned. Quantity is a bit lacking, but the quality was there. It's not enough for me to write him off. If he didn't have anything going for him as a draft prospect, sure, I'd write him off. But he came in with tremendous physical tools, 2-way potential, and a solid 3-point shot. So I can forgive not averaging 20 ppg in 20+ games in the G League.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:00 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sorry, it just doesn't bother me that much. If he stunk, I'd be concerned. Quantity is a bit lacking, but the quality was there. It's not enough for me to write him off. If he didn't have anything going for him as a draft prospect, sure, I'd write him off. But he came in with tremendous physical tools, 2-way potential, and a solid 3-point shot. So I can forgive not averaging 20 ppg in 20+ games in the G League.
Fair enough. I had no idea that he still had a stan out there.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

:?