Around the League: Season Resumes

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: Season Resumes

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:00 pm
This is a great pass for any PG in the league, much less a 7-2 rookie center

That was Nash-like.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Boban vs Smallball

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm
Do we really have to see the Brooklyn Nets in the playoffs? 🤮
For real. Do they even want to be there? Seems like the ideal situation to let a 9th west team in.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:55 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm
Do we really have to see the Brooklyn Nets in the playoffs? 🤮
For real. Do they even want to be there? Seems like the ideal situation to let a 9th west team in.
Yep. It's so sad that the Wizards who have a worse record than us are 9th in the East while we are 4 out from 9th in the West!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Pelicans getting beat like a drum by the Clips, currently 89-61 midway through the 3rd quarter. That is good for us.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

By the way, maybe somebody else has commented on this, but I didn't see it: Am I the only one who hates these digital ads that are being inserted onto the court? It's not that I hate the advertising, so much, but it seems to be done sloppily with poor technology. In many cases the ad overlaps and erases parts of players, like their heads or arms or jerseys. Players will disappear momentarily behind the ad! It's quite jarring once you notice it. Shouldn't they improve their tech for inserting these computer-made ads?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:01 pm
By the way, maybe somebody else has commented on this, but I didn't see it: Am I the only one who hates these digital ads that are being inserted onto the court? It's not that I hate the advertising, so much, but it seems to be done sloppily with poor technology. In many cases the ad overlaps and erases parts of players, like their heads or arms or jerseys. Players will disappear momentarily behind the ad! It's quite jarring once you notice it. Shouldn't they improve their tech for inserting these computer-made ads?
I mentioned it first (in the first scrimmage thread) and got no response. Yes, it's called priority. The ads should never appear on top of a player that's running across that part of the court. It's a good idea in theory but horrible execution. Makes sense to taylor each game to the home team digitally.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Good riddance!
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s at 53 now. 9/12 from 3.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Career high 53 points.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Makes me a little mad that he left Phoenix and all of a sudden plays good defense and stays healthy

Cap

Post by Cap »

Statement by Oklahoma State Representative Sean Roberts:
By kneeling during the playing of the national anthem, the NBA and its players are showing disrespect to the American flag and all it stands for. This anti-patriotic act makes clear the NBA’s support of the Black Lives Matter group and its goal of defunding our nation’s police, its ties to Marxism and its efforts to destroy nuclear families.

If the Oklahoma City Thunder leadership and players follow the current trend of the NBA by kneeling during the national anthem prior to Saturday’s game, perhaps we need to reexamine the significant tax benefits the State of Oklahoma granted the Oklahoma City Thunder organization when they came to Oklahoma. Through the Quality Jobs Act, the Thunder is still under contract to receive these tax breaks from our state until 2024.

Perhaps these funds would be better served in support of our police departments rather than giving tax breaks to an organization that supports defunding police and the dissolution of the American nuclear family.
https://kfor.com/news/local/state-rep-w ... -benefits/

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Yeah Jalen was clowning the Suns after for letting TJ go for cash considerations but since he’s awful at his job he failed to mention that we used the space to sign Rubio and we also had Oubre and just drafted Bridges.

Jalen can go eat a bag of dicks
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

A lot of shit talkin going on around Twitter right now after that TJ performance. I may need to log off for the night.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

djy2j wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:06 pm
Yeah Jalen was clowning the Suns after for letting TJ go for cash considerations but since he’s awful at his job he failed to mention that we used the space to sign Rubio and we also had Oubre and just drafted Bridges.
He isn't wrong.

When you are a perennially losing team, you don't have the luxury of paying other teams to take talented players off your roster.

Paying $16 million a year for Rubio is a little tough to swallow by itself; giving up multiple draft picks, De'Anthony Melton and TJ Warren on top of that is again, why this is a still a losing team.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Wouldn't be a losing team is Ayton doesn't get suspended.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Yes, it feels like they should have gotten more for TJ but dude was out for 4 months with a sore ankle. He was an enigma. He was a scorer and absolutely NOTHING else in Phx. I liked TJ. But he had a knack for disappearing against tougher opponents. He went on to work on some of those holes. Good for him.

I’m not at all sad about Melton. He didn’t show a whole lot in Phoenix.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:34 pm
Makes me a little mad that he left Phoenix and all of a sudden plays good defense and stays healthy
Good riddance.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:03 pm
Statement by Oklahoma State Representative Sean Roberts:
By kneeling during the playing of the national anthem, the NBA and its players are showing disrespect to the American flag and all it stands for. This anti-patriotic act makes clear the NBA’s support of the Black Lives Matter group and its goal of defunding our nation’s police, its ties to Marxism and its efforts to destroy nuclear families.

If the Oklahoma City Thunder leadership and players follow the current trend of the NBA by kneeling during the national anthem prior to Saturday’s game, perhaps we need to reexamine the significant tax benefits the State of Oklahoma granted the Oklahoma City Thunder organization when they came to Oklahoma. Through the Quality Jobs Act, the Thunder is still under contract to receive these tax breaks from our state until 2024.

Perhaps these funds would be better served in support of our police departments rather than giving tax breaks to an organization that supports defunding police and the dissolution of the American nuclear family.
https://kfor.com/news/local/state-rep-w ... -benefits/
What an idiot asshole.
"Be Legendary."