NBA Playoffs 2020

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: NBA Playoffs 2020

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:39 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:04 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:12 pm
Thew Bucks are on the verge of a massive fail.

Their backcourt just isn't championship-caliber.
We all know a Bledsoe led backcourt isn’t going anywhere.
I don't think Bledsoe is to blame, but he certainly isn't helping much. And they're probably a better team with George Hill at the point.
And you have to admit that Dragic is severely outplaying him in this series.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:47 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:
The Bobster wrote:

I don't think Bledsoe is to blame, but he certainly isn't helping much. And they're probably a better team with George Hill at the point.
Because Dragic is a better player. I have always believed that.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:50 pm
Superbone wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:
The Bobster wrote:

Because Dragic is a better player. I have always believed that.
You and me both <sigh>. Unfortunately, the professional (McD) thought otherwise.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In fact, he thought both Bledsoe and Markieff Morris were the better players.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hey, I've been meaning to compliment Tyson Chandler for his excellent bench work for the Houston Rockets. He's been the perfect bench guy. Cheers on his teammates and gracefully collects his paycheck.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Also, watching how good Tatum is now. It's hard to believe how neck and neck many thought Tatum and Jackson were going into the 2017 draft and how different their careers have been thus far. Remember when we thought we had pulled something over on the Celtics and Ainge, getting Josh Jackson? How ridiculous McD looks now with his scheming to get Jackson by getting him not to do a workout with the Celtics and being so gleeful that he had got his man at the Celtics expense. I mean, Too (Oatmeal) knew. Sigh.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Ainge played McD like a fiddle. Even the IT trade, getting McD to sign him for a cheap deal and then trading for him. Ainge was playing chess while McD was playing checkers.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Few things in the NBA would make me happier than Bledsoe being traded to a wasteland like Detroit or Charlotte in the off-season. Charlotte in particular, who already has two small guards, would be hilarious.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bucks hold on to win Game 4 in OT behind a monster game from Khris Middleton with Giannis gone for most of it. Nobody's come back from 3-0, so it seems academic at this point, but I guess they got a win for pride's sake.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Random playoffs thought: Does Kendrick Nunn have a nickname? May I suggest "The Wiser" or "Too Happy"?
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:36 pm
Few things in the NBA would make me happier than Bledsoe being traded to a wasteland like Detroit or Charlotte in the off-season. Charlotte in particular, who already has two small guards, would be hilarious.
Detroit makes a lot of sense, actually. I don't wish any ill-will, though. I'm just glad he isn't a Sun anymore. Wasted years.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:

I'm a little shocked at how well Dragic has been playing. He's still fun to watch. For me at least.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:47 pm
Superbone wrote:

I'm a little shocked at how well Dragic has been playing. He's still fun to watch. For me at least.
Dragic is one of those guys where I'm very sad he didn't spend his entire career (or at least through to the end of his productive years) as a Sun. I always loved him as a player, and seeing him grow and mature and become so much better was really fun. Then we unceremoniously dumped him. He comes back, we dump him again because we incorrectly thought we could do a little better. Not exactly the warmest treatment. Now he's been playing well for another team for several years, though admittedly dogged by injury lately. I would have enjoyed having him here for all of that time. I think we would have been a much better team with his veteran leadership and ballhandling. Think of how many terrible starting PGs we went through in the 2010s when we could have just kept Dragic here all this time.

Who are your all-time "Suns shoulda kept him" guys?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If we move Oubre, we might look back and say "we should've kept him". He's not indispensable, but I think he's a guy whose loss we'd feel in more ways than one, especially if we don't hit on how he's replaced.

Majerle is on the list. We also sent Frye packing because we thought we had his replacements/upgrade in the Morris Bros.

Dragic isn't a superstar you'd never trade, but he's the "engine" type of PG who's pretty easy to build around. He's a guy who makes others better, while being a legit offensive threat. The rebuild/reload would've been smooth with him onboard.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:44 am
If we move Oubre, we might look back and say "we should've kept him". He's not indispensable, but I think he's a guy whose loss we'd feel in more ways than one, especially if we don't hit on how he's replaced.

Majerle is on the list. We also sent Frye packing because we thought we had his replacements/upgrade in the Morris Bros.

Dragic isn't a superstar you'd never trade, but he's the "engine" type of PG who's pretty easy to build around. He's a guy who makes others better, while being a legit offensive threat. The rebuild/reload would've been smooth with him onboard.
We’ll be fine with it if we move him for Giannis

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

"Who are your all-time "Suns shoulda kept him" guys?"

Dennis Johnson is high on that list.

Gail Goodrich.

Although he never played for the Suns, Rajon Rondo was a draft pick that was traded (in a deal that eventually saw the Suns drafting Rudy Fernandez, who also then was traded.

I'll acknowledge Joe Johnson, (the trade has been discussed to exhaustion)

Shawn Marion (Shaq was in the twilight of his career, and disrupted the Suns offensive scheme).
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Let's add Dan Majerle to the list. Hot Rod Williams was a bust from day one.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Celtics are whooping the Raptors here in Game 5, currently up 95-73 midway through the 4th quarter. I think they're the better team. Wow, if the Eastern Finals ends up being Boston/Miami, are the Celtics bound for the NBA Finals? Hard to believe.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:48 pm
Celtics are whooping the Raptors here in Game 5, currently up 95-73 midway through the 4th quarter. I think they're the better team. Wow, if the Eastern Finals ends up being Boston/Miami, are the Celtics bound for the NBA Finals? Hard to believe.
Don't count out the defending champs yet. They're too proud to go out in 6. It's going to a game 7.
"Be Legendary."