NBA Playoffs 2020

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: NBA Playoffs 2020

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:50 pm
Man, it'd really be something to see Denver knock off the Clippers. I would love to see it. A rebuke of the super-rent-a-team that everybody anointed before the season. Then the Nugs would have to go on to upset the Lakers and go to the Finals. I would be over the moon. A Nuggets/Celtics Finals would actually be really fun to watch, though obviously the suits in the NBA don't want that matchup.
Maybe I’m just too down on the nuggets, but I don’t want them to win. I feel it would give ammo to the people who think this champion deserves an asterisk. I think they are clearly a worse team than the others remaining. Think the clippers are playing down to their level and getting burnt.

Not sure why I don’t feel the same way about Miami. Probably because they’ve been consistently great in the bubble. Denver hasn’t. They’ve looked poor at times.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Man, it'd really be something to see Denver knock off the Clippers. I would love to see it. A rebuke of the super-rent-a-team that everybody anointed before the season. Then the Nugs would have to go on to upset the Lakers and go to the Finals. I would be over the moon. A Nuggets/Celtics Finals would actually be really fun to watch, though obviously the suits in the NBA don't want that matchup.
I’d love to see it. I like Leonard’s game but not his loyalties. Sure, it’s his right to play wherever he wants but it’s also my right to root against him.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:01 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Maybe I’m just too down on the nuggets, but I don’t want them to win. I feel it would give ammo to the people who think this champion deserves an asterisk. I think they are clearly a worse team than the others remaining. Think the clippers are playing down to their level and getting burnt.

Not sure why I don’t feel the same way about Miami. Probably because they’ve been consistently great in the bubble. Denver hasn’t. They’ve looked poor at times.
I don't mind that the Nugs have been inconsistent. They are a young team and they're still figuring out how to win at this level. They are fun to watch and they seem like genuinely good guys. Jokic and Murray, their two main stars, seem like great teammates. I'd love to see them win.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

They also had a whole lot of roster problems at the beginning of the bubble.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Anyone watch that Miami/Boston finish? What a block by Bam to seal it. Reminded me of that Amare block on Duncan back in 05

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Hell of a game...this series is going to 7!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

LOL. Get f*cked Clippers.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Just an epic collapse.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Are we sure Doc Rivers is a good coach? He seems to be getting a lot of slack for winning a title over ten years ago with a super team.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I wonder if the clippers would like to take their Gallo/SGA/5 1sts trade back from OKC

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Two 1/3 comebacks in a row. Wow.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 pm
Two 1/3 comebacks in a row. Wow.
The Nugz have a history of that never-say-die performance.

In 1994, they got down 0-2 in a best-of-five against Seattle and came back to win. Then in the second round they got down 0-3 against Utah and forced a Game 7.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That Nugs/Clips game was epic. It was so fun to watch the Nuggets put the Clippers away. They are so fun to watch; great young up-and-coming team. Jokic is a treat. I loved the over-the-shoulder pass to Murray in the last minute of the game.

We've got a great last four teams left for the conference finals. I would genuinely be happy if any of them wins it other than the Lakers.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 pm
I wonder if the clippers would like to take their Gallo/SGA/5 1sts trade back from OKC
Word up. PG13 has long been over rated. Kawhi played himself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow. What an epic meltdown by the Clippers. Their shots were so far off it was crazy. After watching the incredible shot making in the Heat/Celtics game, the Clippers just looked pathetic.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Clips are a nice team on paper but lack real leadership on the floor and overall bball IQ. A lot of "tough guys" but never struck me as a high bball IQ team. They have a lot of make or miss role players (Lou, Beverley, Morris, George). George has been hyped up as this superstar when he's not and I still think Kawhi's just a tad overrated but has found himself in some pretty good spots in terms of teams he's played on. Just doesn't strike me as a #1.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Paul George is just a really high level 2nd star. You don’t want him as your featured guy, but he plays incredible off other stars. He’s had a rough go the last couple playoffs, but he finished 3rd in MVP last year for a reason. 28/8/4 and shot 39% from 3 on 10 attempts per game, while playing elite defense on the perimeter.

He was actually a perfect fit next to Westbrook, because he’s got star talent without a star mindset. Westbrook has the star mindset without the star talent.

I’m not sure what happened to Kawhi in game 7, he was awful, because he was pretty good all playoffs, but I’m not sure they’ve got enough playmaking. They might need to get a real pg to get them into some offense in the playoffs when their guys(PG and Kawhi) go cold. They didn’t seem to have any idea what to do when that happened.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:40 pm
Anyone watch that Miami/Boston finish? What a block by Bam to seal it. Reminded me of that Amare block on Duncan back in 05
Great game. Tatum thought he was alone for a highlight reel game winning dunk. It's so easy to root for that Heat team.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan