NBA Draft 2020

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
wpmiller42

Re: NBA Draft 2020

Post by wpmiller42 »

I would never in a million years trade this year's #10 and Oubre for #2. Maybe, if I somehow absolutely 100% sure that the only way I could clear enough cap room to sign a superstar that I knew would come here and the only way was getting rid of Oubre, then I do it, but I don't attach the #10. Honestly, in this draft, Oubre alone is worth more than the #1 pick.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I'd do it if I had a contract agreed on and just waiting to be signed with FVV or Christian Wood or someone like that. The trade is a risk, but if you swap !0 for 2 and use the salary space to swap Oubre for Wood? Huge win.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I’d be cool trading Oubre for #2 pick and grabbing Lamelo Ball. I can really see him being the total package off the bench to start his career off right while behind Rubio. He is good at finishing in the lane, pulling up, catching and shooting, and while being a legit playmaker. The only concern I’d have is pissing off Booker initially (they’d need his input) and losing team chemistry due to loss of a competitive leader in Oubre.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I’m a fan.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

I always liked Kira Nerys as the Federation Liaison, so I wouldn't mind taking Lewis.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I started to get on the Kira bandwagon and then Inf compared him to Colin Sexton and I can’t unsee it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:45 pm
I always liked Kira Nerys as the Federation Liaison, so I wouldn't mind taking Lewis.
I am only half-way through, but I am not a big fan of the show.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Not going to get carried away about a workout video, but if Hampton can shoot, he’s really intriguing.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Came to post that video...Hampton is a big sleeper in this draft IMO. Not sure where he plays in terms of the 1 or 2 (or 3 in some lineups) but like you said, very intriguing. Could just end up a big combo guard, maybe not a lead guy but a high end role playing combo.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya he’s one of those guys that 5 years from now we could say, “why wasn’t he a top 5 pick?” Or he might be Dante Exum. But he’s big, he’s explosive athletically, and he’s got lead ball handler skills. He checks all the physical boxes. Can he put that all together into being a good, smart basketball player? Does he have the work ethic? Those I’m not sure about.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:55 am
I started to get on the Kira bandwagon and then Inf compared him to Colin Sexton and I can’t unsee it.
He’s a much more natural PG than Sexton. Sexton does not have the instincts required from a lead guard. He’s a scorer all the way (and quite a good one). Lewis isn’t as strong as Sexton and not as multi-dimensional as a scorer, but he is faster, a better defender and a much better passer.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:54 am
Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:55 am
He’s a much more natural PG than Sexton. Sexton does not have the instincts required from a lead guard. He’s a scorer all the way (and quite a good one). Lewis isn’t as strong as Sexton and not as multi-dimensional as a scorer, but he is faster, a better defender and a much better passer.
You could be right, I wouldn’t hate it if we picked him, but I like some other options better.

Split T

Post by Split T »

So the last 4 Kentucky guards to come into the nba(Booker, Murray, SGA, Herro) have all greatly exceeded expectations. With a couple showing skills in the nba they didn’t really show in college(Booker, Herro). Should we maybe be looking more closely at Tyrese Maxey?

Could he be a long term solution next to Booker at pg? He’s not a traditional pg, more of a combo guard, but this video shows he has on ball skills. He can defend. The key will be the shot. If he can make shots consistently, I think he can be solid.

Edit: I forgot about Fox, but he kinda met expectations. He has shot better in the nba than in college. Also forgot about Monk, who hasn’t been great yet, so maybe 5 for 6 on Kentucky guards.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The more I think about it, the more I’d like to trade down in this draft. Assuming Haliburton isn’t there at 10. Would Boston do 14 and 30 for 10? Might be a lot to move up 4 spots, but if their guy drops.. Minny has 18 and 31.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hmmm

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:52 am
I would never in a million years trade this year's #10 and Oubre for #2.
It's a gross overpay.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:01 pm
I’d be cool trading Oubre for #2 pick and grabbing Lamelo Ball.
How can you trust him? He just strikes me as immature and I worry about his professionalism. You're giving a teenager that can't shoot, has a meddling, delusional father, $10 million a year AND getting rid of Oubre in the process? That just seems reckless.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:06 pm
So the last 4 Kentucky guards to come into the nba(Booker, Murray, SGA, Herro) have all greatly exceeded expectations. With a couple showing skills in the nba they didn’t really show in college(Booker, Herro). Should we maybe be looking more closely at Tyrese Maxey?
I think Immanuel Quickley is better.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:13 pm
The more I think about it, the more I’d like to trade down in this draft. Assuming Haliburton isn’t there at 10. Would Boston do 14 and 30 for 10? Might be a lot to move up 4 spots, but if their guy drops.. Minny has 18 and 31.
Jerome/#10 for Korkmaz/#21/#34/#36

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:56 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:01 pm
I’d be cool trading Oubre for #2 pick and grabbing Lamelo Ball.
How can you trust him? He just strikes me as immature and I worry about his professionalism. You're giving a teenager that can't shoot, has a meddling, delusional father, $10 million a year AND getting rid of Oubre in the process? That just seems reckless.
Yea it’s probably too great a risk. Professionalism and maturity matter. But damn he is a talent that would be nice to have on the roster with the team finally headed in the right direction. Plus I’d hate to watch Oubre walk after next season. I just dont see him getting a big pay say by us with Cam and Mikhal developing nicely. Oubre brings a lot to the team chemistry wise not to mention his fire-y play.