Around the League: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Aztec Sunsfan

Re: Around the League: Offseason

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:18 pm
Doc Rivers out. Wonder what will happen there? https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/299 ... ources-say
Wow, the first paragraph it’s clear: Doc Rivers laid new foundation for them, altough is clear that he also handed them some serious playoffs failures even before this year, but it’s still harsh... unless...perhaps they have some big name already lined up and Doc dish a final assist for them? I wonder what could Mike D’Antony do for them...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:21 pm
djy2j wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:18 pm
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:22 pm
There are murmurs about KAT...
Can't have Book and KAT on the same team now that KAT is smashing Book's ex. Girls ruin everything :lol:

Also why does if feel like the same girls get passed around the league so much? These guys could pick from a sea of women but they just pass around the same four.
Or maybe it's the women passing around the players. Ever think about it that way?
exactly

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:20 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:42 pm
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:33 am
If you can find me a trade for a star involving Oubre+, I am all ears
Ben Simmons?
Outstanding talent, even with the obvious flaw. The shot is absurd, but imagine him playing at PF or even C. Driving and kicking to Booker or the snipers.

I'd spend up to Oubre, 2020 #10, swap+protected+unprotected from 2021 to 2024. Yeah, that's right. 4 1stR and Oubre.

But we get to to add to Booker-Ayton while not giving up Cam or Bridges when adding a non shooter. That's worth a premium in draft stock. They can have Jerome, of course. And a Saric sign and trade, if they want/need it.

My guess is that 76rs could use a third team coming in and taking part of that draft stock to send them win now talent and, if possible, cap relief from one of Horford-Harris. If I were them, I'd consider trading for Chris Paul (one of their albatross and one pretty 1stR).
I get the value of retaining Ayton in a vacuum, but I don't like the value of the Simmons/Ayton pairing. Defensively it is great, but I think you might end up in the same boat as Philly in terms offensive inadequacies. You need to include Rubio in that deal; Philly would need a point guard, and putting Simmons on the court with Rubio doesn't make much sense.

I don't think there is a GM in the league that would give up 4 first round draft picks for Simmons though.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:41 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Ben Simmons?
Outstanding talent, even with the obvious flaw. The shot is absurd, but imagine him playing at PF or even C. Driving and kicking to Booker or the snipers.

I'd spend up to Oubre, 2020 #10, swap+protected+unprotected from 2021 to 2024. Yeah, that's right. 4 1stR and Oubre.

But we get to to add to Booker-Ayton while not giving up Cam or Bridges when adding a non shooter. That's worth a premium in draft stock. They can have Jerome, of course. And a Saric sign and trade, if they want/need it.

My guess is that 76rs could use a third team coming in and taking part of that draft stock to send them win now talent and, if possible, cap relief from one of Horford-Harris. If I were them, I'd consider trading for Chris Paul (one of their albatross and one pretty 1stR).
I get the value of retaining Ayton in a vacuum, but I don't like the value of the Simmons/Ayton pairing. Defensively it is great, but I think you might end up in the same boat as Philly in terms offensive inadequacies. You need to include Rubio in that deal; Philly would need a point guard, and putting Simmons on the court with Rubio doesn't make much sense.

I don't think there is a GM in the league that would give up 4 first round draft picks for Simmons though.
Grab Simmons with that deal. Send Ayton to Washington with Rubio for Beal. Sign Christian Wood.

Booker
Beal
Bridges
Simmons
Wood

Are you not entertained!!!!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:54 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:41 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Ben Simmons?

Grab Simmons with that deal. Send Ayton to Washington with Rubio for Beal. Sign Christian Wood.

Booker
Beal
Bridges
Simmons
Wood

Are you not entertained!!!!
That would be a fun team.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

who is the best player on that team?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:44 pm
Javon Carter

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:44 pm
Different guy every night. That’s the kind of team that Simmons would flourish on. I think he’s got the most talent.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Saucy's rosterbation just made me change my shorts.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think I like Ben Simmons as a power forward. Honestly I don't know that I like him at any roster spot; he's a really unique and talented player, but I worry about anybody who wants the ball that much who is that bad of a shooter. His great size and rebounding and athleticism are huge assets if he's playing PG, but less so if he's a forward, since many forwards have the frame to get those same stats. And you want your PF to be able to stretch the floor. I think if he doesn't learn to shoot, I wouldn't want him. Some would say that Rubio is also a poor shooting PG, but Simmons is a whole other level of bad at shooting.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Simmons can’t shoot, but if the other 4 can, it’s not that big of a deal.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:42 pm
Simmons can’t shoot, but if the other 4 can, it’s not that big of a deal.
Agreed
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 pm
Of course. You got Wood.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 pm
:lol:

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:19 pm
I don't think I like Ben Simmons as a power forward. Honestly I don't know that I like him at any roster spot; he's a really unique and talented player, but I worry about anybody who wants the ball that much who is that bad of a shooter. His great size and rebounding and athleticism are huge assets if he's playing PG, but less so if he's a forward, since many forwards have the frame to get those same stats. And you want your PF to be able to stretch the floor. I think if he doesn't learn to shoot, I wouldn't want him. Some would say that Rubio is also a poor shooting PG, but Simmons is a whole other level of bad at shooting.
He’s a PG on offense, PF on defense. Pretty simple to me idk

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:54 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Exactly. I don't know why so many complicate how you play Ben Simmons. You need to start two small with him, like in Sauce's dream lineup where Booker and Beal are in the backcourt. Neither Beal nor Booker would need to play point guard; that would be Simmons's job.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:56 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:54 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Exactly. I don't know why so many complicate how you play Ben Simmons. You need to start two small with him, like in Sauce's dream lineup where Booker and Beal are in the backcourt. Neither Beal nor Booker would need to play point guard; that would be Simmons's job.
It should be a similar setup to what Dallas has with Doncic. <sigh>
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Willy Hernangomez among 200 people attending illegal party in Madrid
According to reports by Telemadrid (as adapted by Marca), the player was among the 200 people present at an illegal party that had to be intervened by the police in the municipality of Aravaca, Madrid. The player was not arrested, but he was among those identified, as stated in the report.

Currently, Madrid is on a second, partial lockdown after the rise of COVID-19 cases throughout the summer, with a limit of six people permitted to meet in any setting.

Hernangomez made a statement followed these events, in which he admitted he was indeed among the attendees at the party, apologizing to the public.

“As a result of the latest information that emerged about me, I wanted, firstly, to confirm that I was indeed present at said event. Secondly, and more importantly, to apologize publicly, assuming my mistake and being fully aware of what it implies. in the situation we are living in, “ Hernangomez wrote in a statement issued by his representative agency.
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1 ... in-madrid/

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Dario would never.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Apparently your guy is a knucklehead, INF. ;)
"Be Legendary."