Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by O_Gardino »

I once worked at a company that was merged with a much larger company in LA. There were layoffs. They laid off every person in the sales and manufacturing groups. In other words, the guys on the shipping docks and the gals talking calls in the office. The reasoning was that we could just use the services of the sales and ops support in LA. The product we made was categorized as a weapons system, and it was literally illegal for anyone left in the company to process military orders or ship the product.

IMO, if the team is going to see less revenue because of shortened seasons and closed games, they would be smarter to double down on Linsey and the media team. Internet exposure could push jersey sales while we are all stuck home shopping on line. There could be some add revenue for streaming interviews and short reporting pieces.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:22 pm
NO! Say it ain't so, Lindsey!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:50 pm
Other teams (like the Lakers) are making similar cuts, so I don't see it as simply a "Sarver thing".

I like Lindsey Smith as much as the next guy, but when revenues are down, and salaries are staying the same throughout the league, this type of belt-tightening is to be expected.

And when you get to the bottom line I'd rather see the money spent on players than one pretty much anything else.
Yeah, but I liked that one pretty.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:26 pm
I once worked at a company that was merged with a much larger company in LA. There were layoffs. They laid off every person in the sales and manufacturing groups. In other words, the guys on the shipping docks and the gals talking calls in the office. The reasoning was that we could just use the services of the sales and ops support in LA. The product we made was categorized as a weapons system, and it was literally illegal for anyone left in the company to process military orders or ship the product.

IMO, if the team is going to see less revenue because of shortened seasons and closed games, they would be smarter to double down on Linsey and the media team. Internet exposure could push jersey sales while we are all stuck home shopping on line. There could be some add revenue for streaming interviews and short reporting pieces.
Exactly. It is such another short-sighted move from him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:13 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Exactly. It is such another short-sighted move from him.
A banker move.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The thing is, Lindsey Smith seemed really good at what she was doing. She had a positive energy and seemed to enjoy working hard at the job.
She had good relations with the players and staff, and she seemed to pull good content out of them rather than the usual boring interviews. It's hard to find somebody like that for what can be an uninteresting job. Seems like you wouldn't want to just toss her aside.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Glad he signed with us and not WC competition. He went with years over money, at least in the case of Dallas. He would've been a nice fit with the Clips, maybe a little redundant with Morris but they made out OK replacing Harrell with Ibaka.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Buckle Planet Orange
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What does that mean?
"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

I'm guessing he forgot to insert the word "up" 😂

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think Kendrick Perkins' basketball takes are terrible, so, yeah...
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:54 am
Giant leap? Does that mean we’re finally going to see his legendary 44-inch vertical in a game?

jonh

Post by jonh »

Chriss is saying Chriss things--saying that its good Oubre is out of Phoenix:

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I get that players of the past regime are bitter and depending on the story, maybe Jones didn't handle the Paul trade rumors properly. But winning cures all ills and we have a great roster - on paper.

Chriss was immature when he got to Phoenix and the FO, coaching and roster only made things tougher for him to develop. He didn't do himself any favors in terms of work ethic either and he's only showing he's not over things by still talking about the Suns.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:11 am
I think Kendrick Perkins' basketball takes are terrible, so, yeah...
I'd be fine with never hearing he or Jalen Rose talk about basketball ever again. Cringeworthy most of the time.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:01 am
I get that players of the past regime are bitter and depending on the story, maybe Jones didn't handle the Paul trade rumors properly. But winning cures all ills and we have a great roster - on paper.

Chriss was immature when he got to Phoenix and the FO, coaching and roster only made things tougher for him to develop. He didn't do himself any favors in terms of work ethic either and he's only showing he's not over things by still talking about the Suns.
Chriss can complain all he wants. We obviously have the same complaints as fans. But also Chriss went on to do exactly nothing since then so I guess he doesn't realize that every time he brings this up it is a reminder to all that he's still a bust.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:23 am
ShelC wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:01 am

Chriss can complain all he wants. We obviously have the same complaints as fans. But also Chriss went on to do exactly nothing since then so I guess he doesn't realize that every time he brings this up it is a reminder to all that he's still a bust.
He was actually pretty good last year

Cap

Post by Cap »

jonh wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:52 am

FYI, Marquese, McD is gone. Sarver is still here but seems to have been reined in a bit. These aren’t the Suns you knew.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Cap wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:57 am
jonh wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:52 am

FYI, Marquese, McD is gone. Sarver is still here but seems to have been reined in a bit. These aren’t the Suns you knew.
Hey Marequese, you suck balls