Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Cap

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Cap »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:26 am
Based on the Tuskegee experiments (probably not the right word, but not sure what is better), a lot black people are extremely untrusting of the government doing anything to their bodies. I get that, even though I strongly disagree with the current reasoning on this vaccine. I mean, the government was still doing this to them in the 70s. It isn't like it happened before the civil war.
I have never heard of the Tuskegee experiments. I had to look it it up. You are right. I have heard of the Tuskegee Airman.

Tuskegee Syphilis Study
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

In that study they just watched to see the effects of NOT treating Syphilis and never gave them any treatment and just pretended to with placebo’s. They were never given a vaccine. They thought and were told they were being treated. It was a lie. It was supposed to be a short study. It went on for 40 years they say. That is really bad.

I started watching “The Watchmen” and it started out with the Tulsa race massacre. I thought it was made up so, I looked it up and it turns out it was real too.

https://www.history.com/topics/roaring- ... e-massacre

I have gone to some weird places on the planet and have been shot up with a bunch of vaccines in my day. I have never had any adverse effects other than a sore arm for a day. Clinton, Bush and Obama have gone on record saying they will be taking the vaccine and so has Kamala. I won’t have any problem getting vaccinated. They say it might make you a little sick for a couple of days. That’s better than possibly being on life support.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, I think I was almost 40 before I heard about the Tulsa massacre. It is amazing what is taught to us in school and what is ignored.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

For some people, if you teach anything other than we have always been the best at everything and always the moral leaders of the world, then we are teaching anti American history. I was brought up believing all that. It wasn’t until later in life that I started to get more of the real story. I don’t think any country can claim the moral high ground either.

I think the further back you go in time the more barbaric we are as people. We have slowly evolved over the years. We still have a long way to go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:43 pm
Because you don’t have to take masks off to watch a movie. But I don’t understand why they would allow dining. That is ass backwards. Dining in should be banned period, unless you’re actually distancing outside and not just standard operations on the patio.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:51 pm
The comments under this tweet are pretty critical of the study. Even shows the authors of the article are from business and economics.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t take stock in any Tweets by people I have never heard of. If we aren’t supposed trust any of the mainstream media how is it we are supposed to trust random Tweets by random people and the random comments by random people about those Tweets?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:54 pm
I don’t take stock in any Tweets by people I have never heard of. If we aren’t supposed trust any of the mainstream media how is it we are supposed to trust random Tweets by random people and the random comments by random people about those Tweets?
How many researchers on global pandemics do you know? I think discounting messages from people because you haven't heard of them before is not a good approach. It is easy enough to see what their credentials are, or at least read studies they are linking to and see who did the studies.

(If you are talking about people that hide behind screen names and/or are just giving opinions/pontificating on others' work, or assuming correlation=causation, ignore my rant above)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I suppose you are right. Everyone uses Twitter now except me. I refuse to download it. I guess that makes me an old fuddy duddy who refuses to adapt to technology. I stopped using Facebook as well. I actually looked up Max Roser. He sounds like he cares about the planet. Republicans must hate him.

Max Roser (born 1983) is an economist and philosopher who focuses on large global problems such as poverty, disease, hunger, climate change, war, existential risks, and inequality. He is currently a research director in economics at the University of Oxford

I looked up Justin Hart and found several Justin Harts. The only info matching this guy was some Tweets. I found a Tweet from him complaining about Wikipedia but no Wikipedia page about him. As far as I can tell, he’s just some dude posting on Twitter.

Melissa Blasius Is an ABC local reporter.

Peter J. Hasson is a FOX News journalist

Real Developments - Bold freedom lover. Fighter against government control. #RationalGround I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.

Eric - I’ve been told I tip better than Patrick Mahomes. Health informatics/software architect + biomedical engineering, but credentialism is stupid

HIS GLORY - Bringing THE WORD of HIS GLORY to the world. Through a near death experience I had a taste of Heaven and a vision of Jesus.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:15 am
White House coronavirus task force warns states: 'We are in a very dangerous place'
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN)The White House coronavirus task force issued extremely dire warnings to states in weekly reports this week, urging public health officials to circumvent state and local policies amid record high cases, hospitalizations and deaths, as well as fears of a surge upon a surge following Thanksgiving.

"The COVID risk to all Americans is at a historic high," In a dramatic escalation, the task force, which has frequently pleaded in weekly reports with state officials to enact tighter mitigation measures, including mask mandates and indoor dining restrictions, urged public health officials to take matters into their own hands. "It must be made clear that if you are over 65 or have significant health conditions, you should not enter any indoor public spaces where anyone is unmasked due to the immediate risk to your health; you should have groceries and medications delivered."

White House warns COVID-19 cases at dire levels, says patient care could be compromised
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... could-beBy
The White House coronavirus task force is issuing a dire warning to states, writing that given the already rampant spread of the virus across the U.S., a further surge in cases following Thanksgiving threatens to overwhelm the health care system and compromise patient care.

“We are in a very dangerous place due to the current, extremely high COVID baseline and limited hospital capacity; a further post-Thanksgiving surge will compromise COVID patient care, as well as medical care overall,” reads the White House report sent to states and obtained by The Hill.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is not normal for 100% occupancy in the ICU. That is a ludicrous statement. That is the most expensive bed in the hospital. Costs the most to manage, and people stay in there for a while, so there is no turn over. ICU is not the money maker for hospitals.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:53 pm
Nodack wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:15 am
White House coronavirus task force warns states: 'We are in a very dangerous place'
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN)The White House coronavirus task force issued extremely dire warnings to states in weekly reports this week, urging public health officials to circumvent state and local policies amid record high cases, hospitalizations and deaths, as well as fears of a surge upon a surge following Thanksgiving.

"The COVID risk to all Americans is at a historic high," In a dramatic escalation, the task force, which has frequently pleaded in weekly reports with state officials to enact tighter mitigation measures, including mask mandates and indoor dining restrictions, urged public health officials to take matters into their own hands. "It must be made clear that if you are over 65 or have significant health conditions, you should not enter any indoor public spaces where anyone is unmasked due to the immediate risk to your health; you should have groceries and medications delivered."

White House warns COVID-19 cases at dire levels, says patient care could be compromised
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... could-beBy
The White House coronavirus task force is issuing a dire warning to states, writing that given the already rampant spread of the virus across the U.S., a further surge in cases following Thanksgiving threatens to overwhelm the health care system and compromise patient care.

“We are in a very dangerous place due to the current, extremely high COVID baseline and limited hospital capacity; a further post-Thanksgiving surge will compromise COVID patient care, as well as medical care overall,” reads the White House report sent to states and obtained by The Hill.

You’re posting more bullshit.i have 3 friends from Phoenix who flew to El Paso and are manning field hospitals of Covid patients (tents) because the hospitals are over capacity. Please stop posting bullshit

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

This is wreckless and spreading this sort of misinformation leads to people dying and should be a crime

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

You’re posting some random Twitter loser. You should be ashamed of yourself. These fucking scum bags of society need to stop trying to play doctor or public health expert.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

No. Being at 200% capacity is not fucking okay. It doesn’t matter if it’s a federal mandate. It’s not safe. People will receive significantly subpar care- Covid or not. People will die because of it- people that shouldn’t and otherwise wouldn’t. Fuck off

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

How about you take on 3 times the amount of work you normally do, take a massive pay cut, expose yourself every single day, and see how you fare. Fucking insensitive pricks. Yes this struck a nerve. /end rant. Thanks

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:12 pm
This is wreckless and spreading this sort of misinformation leads to people dying and should be a crime
That's Trump in a nutshell.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:17 pm
How about you take on 3 times the amount of work you normally do, take a massive pay cut, expose yourself every single day, and see how you fare. Fucking insensitive pricks. Yes this struck a nerve. /end rant. Thanks
I don't blame you. You're on the front line while armchair quarterbacks sit back and post this bullshit.
"Be Legendary."