Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:27 am
EST? damn... that's 3:30 am where I am. Oh well.
4:30am where I am. You can do it. ;)
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I convinced someone to take my shift on the 20th, so I’m good for the draft now

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:18 am
I convinced someone to take my shift on the 20th, so I’m good for the draft now
that's that commitment right there :)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Since we have the draft coming up in less than 24 hours, I thought I'd give a run down of our league rules for reference.
  • This is an 8-category (no turnovers), head-to-head league.
  • Managers may select a maximum of 2 players to keep for the next season, but no player may be kept for more than three consecutive seasons by the same manager.
  • There is a penalty for keeping a player. The penalty is drafting them one round earlier than they were taken in the previous season. Free agents who are selected as keepers use a 7th round pick in the next years draft.
  • Players selected in the first round cannot be selected as a keeper.
  • Each team has an IR spot on their roster, but that is controlled using the Yahoo IR designation. Players can only be put in the IR spot on your roster if Yahoo gives them the IR designation. Something to keep in mind during the draft or with FA pickups.
  • Each manager selects their draft position based on the previous seasons final standings with this priority:
    7th Place Finisher
    8th Place
    9th Place
    10th Place
    11th Place
    12th Place
    6th Place
    5th Place
    4th Place
    3rd Place
    2nd Place
    1st Place
I also suggest testing the Yahoo draft application on your PC or device. I read there were some issues with it a couple of weeks back, so I suggest trying to enter the draft when it opens 15 minutes prior to the start or at least running some of the test modules to be sure you won't have any technical issues.

Good luck to everyone!
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

FF, thanks for your work pulling this together. Good luck drafting everyone

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:54 pm
FF, thanks for your work pulling this together. Good luck drafting everyone
+1
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea thanks man!

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:57 pm
League Reminders and Notes
  • A player cannot be retained for more than three consecutive seasons by the same manager. Next season (2021-22) will be the last in which a player drafted for the 2019-20 season can be kept on your roster.
  • Draft picks and keepers are trade eligible! Carry out negotiations however you'd like, but post any deals made in this thread for the whole league to see.
I have a question. If I hold onto a player for two years and trade him at the start of the third season to someone else, can that other team keep him for two more seasons?

Also, if anybody wants the #2 pick in the first round please talk to me.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:39 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:57 pm
League Reminders and Notes
  • A player cannot be retained for more than three consecutive seasons by the same manager. Next season (2021-22) will be the last in which a player drafted for the 2019-20 season can be kept on your roster.
  • Draft picks and keepers are trade eligible! Carry out negotiations however you'd like, but post any deals made in this thread for the whole league to see.
I have a question. If I hold onto a player for two years and trade him at the start of the third season to someone else, can that other team keep him for two more seasons?
Yes. In theory, a player could be kept every season if they are continuously traded.

I'll also add this for clarity. It doesn't matter if a player is on a roster for one day or one whole season, it still counts as one of the three seasons they are eligible to be kept.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Thanks for the quick response FF. Just to clarify, I can keep a player twice though, right? So take Coby White for instance, I should be allowed to keep him again next season, for a 12th rounder, but will not be allowed to keep him again thereafter; but if I trade him to someone else next year, that new team should get to keep him two more years, at progressing draft rounds, right?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:23 pm
Thanks for the quick response FF. Just to clarify, I can keep a player twice though, right? So take Coby White for instance, I should be allowed to keep him again next season, for a 12th rounder, but will not be allowed to keep him again thereafter; but if I trade him to someone else next year, that new team should get to keep him two more years, at progressing draft rounds, right?
That's exactly right.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

One more thing I should add. I don't exactly know how Yahoo handles the keeper selections during the draft. They're set up and designated properly, but I don't know if Yahoo will make the pick for the correct player at the right time, if that pick will be skipped and the keeper player automatically added later, or if we have to manually select our keepers at the right pick. If someone knows how it works, please let us know.

In the worst case scenario I'll just pause the draft and fix any mistakes. Also, for those who are joining the live draft. Let me know ASAP if you mistakenly pick the wrong player, as I think I can pause and fix it. Of course this is under the assumption that you notify us of your mistake before the next manager makes their selection. I think we had this come up last year with Kyrie Irving and Devin Booker.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I just want to say that Yahoo's pre-ranking platform is the absolute, fucking worst.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:58 pm
I just want to say that Yahoo's pre-ranking platform is the absolute, fucking worst.
Agreed - it's awful!

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:31 pm
One more thing I should add. I don't exactly know how Yahoo handles the keeper selections during the draft. They're set up and designated properly, but I don't know if Yahoo will make the pick for the correct player at the right time, if that pick will be skipped and the keeper player automatically added later, or if we have to manually select our keepers at the right pick. If someone knows how it works, please let us know.

In the worst case scenario I'll just pause the draft and fix any mistakes. Also, for those who are joining the live draft. Let me know ASAP if you mistakenly pick the wrong player, as I think I can pause and fix it. Of course this is under the assumption that you notify us of your mistake before the next manager makes their selection. I think we had this come up last year with Kyrie Irving and Devin Booker.
Once the draft starts, the keeper picks should already be in the draft results tab at their designated round/selection.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gladiator wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:38 am
Shabazz wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:58 pm
Agreed - it's awful!
Yeah, Yahoo isn't great. It's better than ESPN, but still not the best option.

I'd definitely be open to changing the host next season, but I think the majority of members prefer to keep things as they've been.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gladiator wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:39 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Once the draft starts, the keeper picks should already be in the draft results tab at their designated round/selection.
Thanks. So I guess that means Yahoo will automatically jump to the next pick when a keeper pick comes up? What I mean is the manager doesn't take any action when a keeper is being selected at the designated pick.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:14 am
Gladiator wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:39 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Thanks. So I guess that means Yahoo will automatically jump to the next pick when a keeper pick comes up? What I mean is the manager doesn't take any action when a keeper is being selected at the designated pick.
That’s the way it should work, yes. It just skips to the next ‘live’ pick.
And as for Yahoo, I think it’s pretty good generally. It’s just the pre-draft rankings setup is a bit clunky.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Up for trades. I’ve got 300 SFs and need C talent.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

I need someone to take over a team in a free league If anyone is interested let me know. Post or inbox me your email address. Here's the players,,,

Kyrie Irving Bkn - PG

Collin Sexton Cle - PG,SG

Kyle Lowry Tor - PG

T.J. Warren Ind - SF,PF

Joel Embiid Phi - PF,C

Jaren Jackson Jr. Mem - PF,C

Karl-Anthony Towns Min - C

Jusuf Nurkic Por - C

DeAndre Jordan Bkn - C

Joe Harris Bkn - SG,SF

Jonas Valanciunas Mem - C

Aaron Gordon Orl - SF,PF