Game Day: Mavericks (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Wed 12/23/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: Game Day: Mavericks (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Wed 12/23/20

Post by jonh »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:30 am
I also want to give some credit to Carey and SuperB. Y'all make this site happen.

I'll go so far as to say you carry the site superbly.
God bless us, everyone. But Mori specifically.

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:
I also want to give some credit to Carey and SuperB. Y'all make this site happen.

10/10 pun. Thanks for the kind words. Everyone here is great. Even when we disagree we are all pretty cool to one another.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:21 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:00 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:17 am
It sure is nice to have games to watch and talk about. What a nice early Christmas present from the Suns and the league :) Fun to be here with you guys talking about the team. A bright spot in a sad year.
It is. And while we're at it, you never get enough credit for hosting this site and bringing us back together, Marty. Thanks you :!:
I'm just glad so many of you came back. There are some other nice Suns fan communities out there, but I enjoy this one the most. The threads on Reddit /r/Suns get a lot of posts and are interesting to read, but the discussion quality is much higher here IMO.
It's pretty amazing how long we've all been together virtually if you think about it. Some of us at AZ Central before Sose's site. How many years is that?!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:11 pm
O_Gardino wrote:

10/10 pun. Thanks for the kind words. Everyone here is great. Even when we disagree we are all pretty cool to one another.
Aw, thanks. I'm happy to be a part of this great group.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Likewise, thanks for all you guys do!

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:13 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
It sure is nice to have games to watch and talk about. What a nice early Christmas present from the Suns and the league :) Fun to be here with you guys talking about the team. A bright spot in a sad year.
It is. And while we're at it, you never get enough credit for hosting this site and bringing us back together, Marty. Thanks you :!:
I'm just glad so many of you came back. There are some other nice Suns fan communities out there, but I enjoy this one the most. The threads on Reddit /r/Suns get a lot of posts and are interesting to read, but the discussion quality is much higher here IMO.
It's pretty amazing how long we've all been together virtually if you think about it. Some of us at AZ Central before Sose's site. How many years is that?!
I think it’s like 15 or so years. I don’t post as much as I used to, but still read all the time.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I think it’s like 15 or so years. I don’t post as much as I used to, but still read all the time.
I'm pretty sure it started before the turn of the century so more like 20+ years.
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Big holiday props to all who revived the site.
I remember migrating over with the merry band of stragglers from AZCentral back in the day ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:49 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I'm pretty sure it started before the turn of the century so more like 20+ years.
Junior Spivey was first a Snack 2001. So 19 years for me!

Edit: First a Dback. Damn autocorrect on my phone!
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Great to be back with you guys and particularly as we seem to be on the brink of a playoff return as well.

I’ve still got my Rebel avatar created when we moved over to Sose’s place from Az central. Lots of great memories even if I join in the debate when most of you are in bed.

Thanks Mori for carrying the baton.

Long may we continue together.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I almost forgot about the rebels. Lol

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I was on AZCentral way back during my freshman year of college in 1997. So I have been talking to some of you for at least that long. Wow.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wasn’t the purpose of the rebel avatars for a reason other than moving to Sose’s phxsuns.net? Was it somehow related to Mori’s inappropriate avatar somehow? I don’t remember the details. Wasn’t it about the threat of litigation from the Suns and Mori’s avatar set it off? It’s starting to come back to me. When does the history of phx-suns.net book come out, anyway? Bobster? Anyone?
"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Watching this is Pretty funny. ESPN can’t get off Luka’s junk. I usually don’t like Kendrick Perkins. But thank you Kendrick Perkins. He had to remind the other guy that the mavs lost and all they do is stand around and watch luka do everything and the refs bail him out.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Thanks for the clip, Danimal.

Perkins said what I was thinking ... yes, Doncic is a generational talent, but he does get bailed out at times by the refs.
ESPN and others are sucking at his kneecaps and not giving he and his team an objective, critical overview.

And Porzingis last year was not the talent he was during the Knicks.
He may never get back to that level.

Kellerman was blathering like a 13-year-old fan boy ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kellerman is a boxing guy. He doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I’m liking Kendrick Perkins more and more every day. Coaching is that last thing that came to my mind when watching the Mavericks last night. In fact, it never even entered my mind. And talking about ISO ball, Perkins is exactly right. That’s pretty much the only thing that was working for Luka last night.
"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:16 pm
I’m liking Kendrick Perkins more and more every day. Coaching is that last thing that came to my mind when watching the Mavericks last night. In fact, it never even entered my mind. And talking about ISO ball, Perkins is exactly right. That’s pretty much the only thing that was working for Luka last night.
That's why I said their offense is boring to watch. Let's stand around and watch Luka.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Pretty impressed by the team focus on defense (especially Ayton's) and rebounding. Booker was playing like a freaking killer in the 1stQ, although he cooled down (two missed FTs??).

Doncic was hounded all game long and was given nothing easy except FTs from the refs; the only actions where he looked confortable against our defenders was when he found himself in the post, where he was uncontainable by smaller bodies.

Paul had such bad luck as his first three good actions (a midrange shot, a three and an assist) were taken away because of a teammate's offense (two fouls and a goaltending). He didn't look in total possession of the offense but you can see he is way better than Ricky and just his automatic midrange shots give us a new dimension to our game. He clutched (on both sides), which is nice coming from somebody other than Booker. I don't see him averaging say 18ppg, but those $40M are going to return enough value if he doesn't get injuried.

Smith sure held his own, although he learned the hard way that you can't drop too deep against NBA shooters on switches or they make threes in your face (unless you are Ayton, apparently). Loved his activity and his quickness, both laterally and rim to rim (had a chance at an and one fastbreak but was fouled hard, missed the dunk and both FTs.).

Dallas got a ton from the refs (it seems if you are hit in the face by Doncic's elbow it'a a foul on you, even if you are Booker) but the bench was the difference: Payne, Cam, Gallo all kept pushing the Mavs. Carter didn't make his shots, but his defensive hustly was still useful and one steal by him provided one of our rare fastbreak chances.

Crowder couldn't make shots but he was still there doing other things and moving the ball. Needs a little better shot selection from three but I am confident we are going to get our money's value out of him. In any case, there are quality players ready to take minutes from him, including Dario.

Ayton had a B+ game despite foul trouble: very good defense (although that one basket near the end where he was just looking was ugly) and rebounding, a couple of hooks, a couple of midrange shots and went to the like 6 times in less than 25 min. You can still see where he needs to make better decisions on offense to make the jump, but he is just so productive when his head is on.

Bridges was outstanding with his shooting and defense. He just needs to be a little more collected when he gets to the rim and those arms will do the rest.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I tried to watch the ESPN clip but only got 2mins in smh lol, just don't watch any of those shows or the FS1 stuff either. just gives me a headache with alot of silly hot takes and no valuable opinions. anyways back to more valuable stuff :)
others mentioned the fact that Monty was willing to make the key decision to go back to Cam over Jae in crunch time and I was surprised he actually made the call but obviously happy to see Cam getting that responsibility. he was solid on D but look who is up off the bench still talking on D, respect that.

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)